It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I have been reading 2 games forums inparticular lately. EQ and WoW and at least on these 2 games I have noticed very many gamers. Many saying they are going to be quitting said games. Which got me thinking, how do MMO's die.
1. The game just grows old and dies of old age.
2. Massive Developer mistakes, causing lag/unbalacing/whatever.
3. A new game comes out that is "good".
4. Goes out in a glorious bang/ shut down before it becomes a laughing stock.
5. Some other reason(respond why).
I'm gonna have to go with 2, for EQ and WoW. If anyone has been keeping up with EQ lately these has been a huge fight on the boards over a large gear nerf incoming, discouraging a lot of groupers and keeping the top end raiders happy.
For WoW, it seems most people are tired of the . Coupled with a bad patch on the release day of another MMO.
So what are your opinions on how these MMO's, or others will die.