Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forced PVP & Reason to quit this game

agiraagira Member Posts: 9

I just wanted to leave my opinion about game.

Allods is pretty game, as i played many MMORPGS long time & can compare, it have lot's of classes & etc... but none of they had forced PVP - player are unable to choose, anywhere any enemy race guy, any level can attack you and kill...

Is nice up to 23lvl, but then... just not all players love or at least like PVP at all, here you can be attacked at any moment, actually if people get some flag from monster drop which i got every day over 15 times (very fequent drop) they can attack you all the time and it valid for all him party guys, all the time i feeled bad feeling and big psychological disadvantage just leveling my character, player unable to choose another way... is maybe pretty good game for who love PVP...

But if you alone wolf style player as me, if you love to do all things solo, rare in parties (party have bigger chance to survive), then i unsure do you will like it, for example i got quest where i was forced to go to enemy race territory, actually i was done all other non PVP quests before, then al that day up to evening trying to do this quest i got killed lots of times and i still undone it (remember i alone wolf!), then i was forced just to grind monsters for exp to get levels (i got 28lvl archer and 31lvl paladin - i want to say i not scarried from 23lvl just was enought nervous tension later), then less people attacked me, but it happen anyway... i don't suggest this game for players who are psychologically weak at all or impulsive as me.

In my opinion game need RPG (this mean NON PVP) way of training at least, many games have PVP, but rare which ones are when you all the time forced for this, for example in Runescape exist special territory where PK/PVP is allowed, it have to level limit how much highter level then you player can attack you, or minigames, then GuildWars for PVE lovers have RPG game part, then in Silkroad all server guys will start to hunt player if he attack someone (do karma) they just get for this special bonus, then Silkroad PVP is when you want it: caravans, thieving and etc.. you for example have today humour for PVP then you do It, but here you won't choose you want or not...

Game really nice but developers thinked just about PVP guys, then i am not one from they, as 34 years age guy I playing mainly to fix humour and getting negative effect here especially after when today one enemy guy followed few hours me anywhere and disturbed my reputation training when i try to sacrifice all the night to get it max, problem is if you dont want pvp guy in red can stay near you all the time and if you melee you can acidentally hit him then he can attack you, i not noob then i not done it all these few hours, but it got serious nervous tension and disadvantage then acidentally to not do him, maybe can help if game user interface had some lock then if you not want PVP you set locking and if you then try to attack red player you unable to do it util you not remove lock before it.

Maybe it decrease disadvantage for other players, but not me, i will remember just wasted time and nervous tension ...

Comments

• unimatrix8unimatrix8 Member Posts: 107

Well as it stands all f2p mmos are basically ffa pvp fests once you leave the starter zones, my advice to you would be to try some of the p2p mmos, were it's up to you whether or not you want to pvp. As far as f2p mmos go you will have to pvp whether you want to or not

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

Didnt they change it in the patch before OB starts that all PvP is not voluntary through a flagging system like WoW's PvE servers?

Im going to search the forums for their patch notes, i think i did hear mention of that. not really sure

These are the pvp patch notes. So basically if the enemy player has a special item that drops off the mobs, they can attack non flagged players. So bascially you still have to pvp if you want to or not

Changed the Flag of War system. Players can now lower their flags in contested zones. The current state of a player’s flag is displayed above their portrait. Players cannot attack enemy players that do not have their flags raised. Players that have their flags raised will receive 110% of experience gained, and players that do not have their flags raised will receive 90% of experience gained. After a player’s flag is raised, it cannot be lowered for 5 minutes. There are some actions that will automatically raise a player’s flag or reset its duration such as:

o Using any abilities against an enemy player that has their Flag of War raised

o Performing any action on a friendly player that has their Flag of War raised

o Intentionally raising their Flag of War by clicking the appropriate button

o Attacking certain NPCs

o Entering the Astral plane

o Entering the arenas near the capital cities

• Added training quests that explain the usage of Flags of War

• Monsters in contested zones can now drop an item called a War Banner. It binds when picked up and can be stored in a player’s inventory for up to 20 minutes. It increases the user’s damage dealt by 10%, doubles all Combat Glory earned, and allows the user to attack unflagged players for 30 minutes. 

• Spiritof55Spiritof55 Member Posts: 405

If what op says is true I'll drop this game in a heartbeat.  I don't mind some pvp occasionally (and only when I'm ready for it) but forced, ffa gankfests are lame except for those types who enjoyed being spanked by their parents as kids and believe you have to suffer to enjoy a reward.

• Spiritof55Spiritof55 Member Posts: 405
    Originally posted by unimatrix8

These are the pvp patch notes. So basically if the enemy player has a special item that drops off the mobs, they can attack non flagged players. So bascially you still have to pvp if you want to or not

Yeah thats how I see it too, oh well, bye allods, I was doing fine before you, I'll do fine after you're deleted from my drive.

• agiraagira Member Posts: 9

I played russian version in russian servers, then i unsure about english this item name, you can get it from any monster drop that item which allows you to PK/PVP player which not want it and it very fequent drop, sometimes grinding monsters i got they 2 per 1 minute...

Then it looks like flag which your character carry with him and works for 1 hour, then it works for all your party, they can kill other players too, then very simple tactics how to be able kill others any time, when you dont have it just screaming in zone chat then you need player which have this item, someone anyway will have...

When guy activate it now possible to see him location at map, but as i found is buggy, i think i unable to see it if he activated it when i not presented at map, but they can just come to you as like friendly and then just to use this item when they near you... shortly saying if player will want to kill you he can and almost all the time..

• _Jord__Jord_ Member Posts: 228

Is it FFA or faction vs faction?

Because those are two very different beasts ...

------
    Played - UO, FFXI, WAR, WoW, EVE
    Currently - Bored.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Thanks for the heads up. I was going to try the game, but I don't play gankfests. Either its FFA or its consent, not some bait and switch hybrid like Aion is.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Why did they put the item that can attack people that don't want to pvp it's stupid imo It's not going to help the game become more popular..

Originally posted by Wraithone

Thanks for the heads up. I was going to try the game, but I don't play gankfests. Either its FFA or its consent, not some bait and switch hybrid like Aion is.

Unless it's faction pvp. Which is NOT FFA. It's a LOT less brutal.

------
    Currently - Bored.

Originally posted by bloodaxes

Why did they put the item that can attack people that don't want to pvp it's stupid imo It's not going to help the game become more popular..

Its yet another of the endless attempts to get western players into PvP games. Rather than change the model(like WoW's PvE/PvP realms) they use a bait and switch system.   Those out side of the west can't seem to grasp that the majority of the western market are NOT interested in MMO PVP. But since PvP games require less content(which means less time/money) they keep cranking them out.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

Sounds like the devs just don't understand the western audience at all.

• skydragonrenskydragonren Member Posts: 667

Changed the Flag of War system. Players can now lower their flags in contested zones. The current state of a player’s flag is displayed above their portrait. Players cannot attack enemy players that do not have their flags raised. Players that have their flags raised will receive 110% of experience gained, and players that do not have their flags raised will receive 90% of experience gained. After a player’s flag is raised, it cannot be lowered for 5 minutes. There are some actions that will automatically raise a player’s flag or reset its duration such as:

o Using any abilities against an enemy player that has their Flag of War raised

o Performing any action on a friendly player that has their Flag of War raised

o Intentionally raising their Flag of War by clicking the appropriate button

o Attacking certain NPCs

o Entering the Astral plane

o Entering the arenas near the capital cities

• Added training quests that explain the usage of Flags of War

• Monsters in contested zones can now drop an item called a War Banner. It binds when picked up and can be stored in a player’s inventory for up to 20 minutes. It increases the user’s damage dealt by 10%, doubles all Combat Glory earned, and allows the user to attack unflagged players for 30 minutes. 

That is where the problem is for most people in red.

• alucard3000alucard3000 Member Posts: 414

Well as it stands all f2p mmos are basically ffa pvp fests once you leave the starter zones, my advice to you would be to try some of the p2p mmos, were it's up to you whether or not you want to pvp. As far as f2p mmos go you will have to pvp whether you want to or not

not true there are several f2p mmo's that have pvp/pk and non pvp/pk servers like runes of magic,9dragons and last chaos to name a few

Ya that's right it's all a huge conspiracy... The Devs are trying to use "bait and switch" marketing to get you into their game. I wonder, then, why it says on their website in big letter that PvP is a huge part of Allods.

On another note, Allods is Russian. Russia IS in the "western world" ... They aren't Korean. They are western developers, with their own unique style, aiming at a western market, whether that ends up being mostly Russian, or a spread of Russian/EU/NA.

Anyway they will probably create PvE servers. It doesn't seem like it would be a big deal to do, any there are a LOT of carebears out there that won't play any game where they can get attacked without "consent."

------
    Currently - Bored.

• MartinmasMartinmas Member UncommonPosts: 239

It says that the drop is only from mobs in contested zones. Are all zones considered contested? If not then it sounds like a lot of other games where some zones are flagged for PVP but the normal zones are still all PVE.

Originally posted by _Jord_

Ya that's right it's all a huge conspiracy... The Devs are trying to use "bait and switch" marketing to get you into their game. I wonder, then, why it says on their website in big letter that PvP is a huge part of Allods.
    On another note, Allods is Russian. Russia IS in the "western world" ... They aren't Korean. They are western developers, with their own unique style, aiming at a western market, whether that ends up being mostly Russian, or a spread of Russian/EU/NA.
    Anyway they will probably create PvE servers. It doesn't seem like it would be a big deal to do, any there are a LOT of carebears out there that won't play any game where they can get attacked without "consent."

Russian players are much closer to eastern players in terms of what they expect and will tolerate than western players. It doesn't take some "huge conspiracy", all it takes is the reality that content takes time/money. In PvP games the players themselves are the content.   As for the last, thats very much the reason that so many games niche themselves in the western markets. LOTS of us CareBears out and about that long ago got tired of looking over our shoulders all the time. Watching for gank squads is not a pass time that I find at all entertaining at this point in time.

• alucard3000alucard3000 Member Posts: 414

And alot of people that call people carebears are jerks that get off on the suffering of other people griefing and ganking low level players

hehe call me a carebear then I play mmo's for questing and adventuring if i want to pvp I'll go play a fps shooter, pvp in mmo's has never really been balanced unless you have 2 groups with equall amounts of each class in them. I would much rather be called a carebear than a griefer/ganker

I didn't mean anything negative when I said "carebear" I just use it as a term to describe people who avoid PvP.

After 5 years on WoW PvP servers, I am NOT looking for PvP, either. I guess that makes me a carebear. After WAR, I have given up on a MMO game coming along based on PvP actually being FUN.

As for Russians - they are NOT like the eastern audience. I grew up in a Russian neighborhood with Russian immigrants. A lot of my friends play WoW with Russians in Russia. Trust me - they are a lot more like the NA crowd than they are like the easten crowd. Geography might put them near the east, but culturally, they are a lot like Americans.

------
    Currently - Bored.

• HydrobluntHydroblunt Member Posts: 282
    Originally posted by alucard3000

And alot of people that call people carebears are jerks that get off on the suffering of other people griefing and ganking low level players

hehe call me a carebear then I play mmo's for questing and adventuring if i want to pvp I'll go play a fps shooter, pvp in mmo's has never really been balanced unless you have 2 groups with equall amounts of each class in them. I would much rather be called a carebear than a griefer/ganker

You're wasting your time with Allods then.  Go play WoW PvE server or LOTR. 

Seriously, all the people b*tching in this thread need to just quit Allods.  It's has a heavy PvP focus.  If you don't like it, don't play.  Some of us like faction PvP and would probably prefer that the carebears leave instead of constant whining and crying.

Playing: EvE, Warhammer free unlimited trial, Allods Online
    Played: Anarchy Online, WoW, Warhammer, AoC, Ryzom. Aion
    Strongly Recommend: Ryzom, EvE, Allods Online

• HydrobluntHydroblunt Member Posts: 282

As for Russians - they are NOT like the eastern audience. I grew up in a Russian neighborhood with Russian immigrants. A lot of my friends play WoW with Russians in Russia. Trust me - they are a lot more like the NA crowd than they are like the easten crowd. Geography might put them near the east, but culturally, they are a lot like Americans.

Uhm those are americanized Russians, they are wussies.  Russian gamers like hardcore, just look at how strongly russian players are involved with EvE, particularly EvE PvP.

Playing: EvE, Warhammer free unlimited trial, Allods Online
    Played: Anarchy Online, WoW, Warhammer, AoC, Ryzom. Aion
    Strongly Recommend: Ryzom, EvE, Allods Online

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680

or you can stick to SOLO games since you like to do everything alone and having any kind of chalange against other players bothers you.

single player games where you can do anything solo against AI npcs is the way to go.

Originally posted by Hydroblunt

Originally posted by alucard3000

You're wasting your time with Allods then.  Go play WoW PvE server or LOTR. 

Seriously, all the people b*tching in this thread need to just quit Allods.  It's has a heavy PvP focus.  If you don't like it, don't play.  Some of us like faction PvP and would probably prefer that the carebears leave instead of constant whining and crying.

Chuckle... You do realize what happens when all of us CareBears leave a game?... Hint, there are a LOT more of us than there are hard core PvP types in the west.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Another thing that dissapointed me was that I couldn't use arisen for scout :( It's the coolest race imo and I like rogue/assassin type of classes mostly plus human hair styles are ugly =/