Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

some type of addicition

Every year, right around teh same time (around original launch) I get a strong urge to install up the game and resub for about 3 months or so. I dont understand, i truely love teh game, but somthing keeps attracting me. We all know the support is dismal in many ways. Yet this game has something magical about it. If only it aquired a few thousand more tehn maybe we would know the world is amazing.

Its that time of the year, and my mind is a rolling. Should i play again or should i keep rfemembering how probably my favorite mmo never really had a chance?

Comments

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Well if I had time for a MMO I would probably try Vanguard again.

Only to finish my bunch of 6 crafters and to check out whats going on in the game.

I fear its even more empty than ever, though.

In the 2 1/2 years I played, it almost always went more and more empty.

• RekindleRekindle Member UncommonPosts: 1,206

Every year around this time I'm reminded of a root canal gone wrong but , like V anguard, perhaps its time to move on.

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

I too want to play it again, but usually when I subscribe to the game it always end up being a dissappointment. I still enjoy playing it, but there's always the constant reminder of me playing by myself.

With MO becoming more and more of a dissappointment, I might really consider coming back to kill some time. Either that or go read some books or go play on some console games. I usually like to wait for that free month that they give out, but now it doesnt seem like a possibility that they will be doing it anymore.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by csthao
    I too want to play it again, but usually when I subscribe to the game it always end up being a dissappointment. I still enjoy playing it, but there's always the constant reminder of me playing by myself.
    With MO becoming more and more of a dissappointment, I might really consider coming back to kill some time. Either that or go read some books or go play on some console games. I usually like to wait for that free month that they give out, but now it doesnt seem like a possibility that they will be doing it anymore.

Yep. Was enjoying it this last month, but after trying to find a guild, heck I even applied to a website one and all and got NO response, I felt quite alone in this massive world. Just wasn't fun in that respect. Wish more people played this so I could level past the teens.

• TruethTrueth Member Posts: 287

One of the things I noticed is that the game world is virtually deserted. The few people who are there do nothing but complain about the lead developer in region chat.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by elocke

Yep. Was enjoying it this last month, but after trying to find a guild, heck I even applied to a website one and all and got NO response, I felt quite alone in this massive world. Just wasn't fun in that respect. Wish more people played this so I could level past the teens.

What about the platinum order? I see them around a lot. On Seradon.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • UnsungTooUnsungToo Member Posts: 276

If it wasn't subscription based I'd play it... If you feel like playing, go for it. I still play my favorite game, regardless of who likes it or how many people are playing it.

Godspeed my fellow gamer

• huntersamhuntersam Member UncommonPosts: 210

must admit im just downloading it now to give it a wirl again , i find if i stick advd on as well it helps when your not in a guild got the boxed set of lotr to go through thats got to be 12 hours of play time at least

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by elocke  

What about the platinum order? I see them around a lot. On Seradon.

I've been playing on Xeth mostly. Maybe I should try Seradon for a guild. Good thing my highest level toon is only 17 so its not a big deal to make one on there hehe.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Population is really low, but It doesnt concern me. Im in great guild on Halgar and love soloing lowlev content, learning the lore.