Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do people like this terrible game?

12346»

Comments

• AlpheiaAlpheia Member Posts: 3

From a girl's perspective:

- The characters are so cute and chibi-like! They are so adorable that creating new hair accessories and getting new hair styles was really fun. Items are visually appealing and sufficiently hard enough to get that wearing rare items garners compliments... which I loved, of course.

- I love games, but I'm not good at shooting games or PvP, and I wasn't experienced in MMORPGs at all 'til RO. Ragnarok is easy to understand, so it's instantly appealing. By the five or so hours you've spent turning your adorable newbie into a first-class cutie, you're already addicted!

- Since it is so cute, there are a lot of girls playing too. Not only that, the game really encourages a sense of community, so you get to know your teammates very well. I met a lot of cool and smart people when I played. I think the best part about MMORPGs is the ability to chat with all kinds of people and RO presents the perfect channel to make that happen.

Welcome to Disaster.

• kings7kings7 Member Posts: 7

lol i personally am a huge fan of ragnarok and also maple story.

Ragnarok 2 is supposed to be released here soon. maybe you'll like it better

• IronfungusIronfungus Member Posts: 519
    Originally posted by Tear1

I'm bad at Ragnarok and have no friends, so I didn't find it adequate for my emo needs.

Why do people like this terrible person?

• darkneos228darkneos228 Member Posts: 1

I really think that people should give up on the whole "why do people like this game, its horrible" or "this game is flipping amazing, why don't more people play it?" argument. Something such as "amazing" or "horrible" is a matter of opinion and opinions are different from one individual to another. Bashing games is just stupid, because there's always going to be someone out there who enjoys playing that game that you or anyone else may be bashing on. I guess you could say that certain aspects of games are horrible due to such and such, but some people still just take it way too seriously. For instance, everyone loves hating on WoW, and I, personally love playing the game. Anyone else's dislike towards the game shouldn't and does not affect how much i play the game or how much i enjoy it. Sure, I'll defend the game once in a while if i find a statement towards the game completely atrocious, but that is still my personal opinion compared to his/her. So, everyone should really take it easy.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Holy cow this thread is from 2004, quite funny to see "World of Warcraft - Coming Soon", and considering how RO was completely wrongly called a UO clone instead of the usual "WoW clone" you see nowadays.

• IronfungusIronfungus Member Posts: 519
    Originally posted by EricDanie

Holy cow this thread is from 2004, quite funny to see "World of Warcraft - Coming Soon", and considering how RO was completely wrongly called a UO clone instead of the usual "WoW clone" you see nowadays.

WHOA ._. I didn't even catch that. I really have to start checking the date of origin.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

To me, Ragnarok is better then wow. War of Emperium is really fun and better then Any wow BG's. If only there was open world pvp server, RO would be really great.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

Originally posted by Realbigdeal

To me, Ragnarok is better then wow. War of Emperium is really fun and better then Any wow BG's. If only there was open world pvp server, RO would be really great.

actually i agree with you on this

i used to play Ragnarok back in 2003, at that time, Ragnarok was a fresh Korean grinding type of MMO, could say it was in the 1st generation of Grinding MMO

but the WoE was nice, i used to play mainly for the WoE, because it really need team skill play and not zerging like in WoW's BG especially the Alterac Valley

but i'd only play Ragnarok because of it's WoE, if it wasn't for it i would have not touch this game in the 1st place

So What Now?

• HawkaronHawkaron Member UncommonPosts: 208

For my part, It is a gem for the eyes and ears, its got a really special feel to it. Maybe because this is where I made a lot of friends and used to run a pretty big private server. The buzz was still there when I occasionally retried it, brought back so many memories and again, everything cosmetic about it stands out although it may look just like any other game out there now for the lots of you

I still have a passionate love for this game although I dont play it anymore and probably never will again. The best koreans have to offer to me and ever will, the magic days are gone. Im grown up and all that yada yada fuck fuck, I was still a kid when running the server.

Useless EDIT but still felt the urge to: Have to admit my eyes get teary thinking back of this game. Lovely. And sorry I didnt notice I bumped such an old topic. Typical me.

This is the best signature ever. Well, it is really up to you to decide. :x

• greeny9greeny9 Member Posts: 5

before it was fun but i dont think so...many online games are now more fun and enjoyable....

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

This thread just got hit with a critical Necrotic Strike.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Please do not resurrect old threads. Locking this.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.