Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Too late?

I would like to play this game because it looks very intriguing to me. However, I do have few concerns.

Been only playing MMOs for couple of years now (WoW isn't my first MMO, though) and I'd say that I'm more of a casual player but who like challenges. I'm wondering if this game is pretty friendly for casual player like myself because I feel like this game is for uber hardcore.

Also, I got another impression that this game is pretty difficult to solo yet it seems very arduous to grouping up, due to small population. I'm just worrying if I play this game and I'm all alone in massive world by myself, it would seem bit challenging for me to do anything, especially the quests that required grouping up.

Also, I read quite few rumors that this game may not live to see 2011 so I was wondering if it's too late for me to start to play Vanguard.

I don't have oh so uber state of the art computer but I did bought it last year so I was concerned if Vanguard still requires high system requirements.  I'm worrying that I may not have proper hardware to run this game and it may turn out to be very incompatible. 

If anyone can ease my concern about this game, I would be very much appreciated. 

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Well its population is waning quite a bit, and I doubt it will be easy at all to find a group. But the only way to make an MMO live that is soon to die is by signing up in hopes that more follow you. Sure the population is low, but there is still a hardcore fanbase of the game who wont stop playing until the end, I'm guessing that it might take a while to find a group but its still probably possible. There's also a trial or at least there used to be so you could always try that first.

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865

I'm not gonna lie to you. If you want to find a group at lower levels your probably going to have to join a guild. Luck for you people in VG are quite friendly and it's not hard to find a good guild. They also not to long ago and a mentoring systems so higher level players can group with lower levels and still gain xp. This may help you a bit. If you do decide to play I'd recommend the Xeth server and taking to someone in the guild TASC. They are very friendly and willing to help and have some lower level members.

• Haggis13Haggis13 Member Posts: 117
    1. Vanguard certainly is casual friendly. It is much like Everquest II in this respect, so there is plenty of grouping available, but also ample solo opportunity if you don't like to group or can't find one.
    2. Finding groups will be VERY hard, mostly due to the small playerbase.
    3. Despite the small playerbase, there's more than enough people around to fill several guilds, so joining one and chatting up to them shouldn't be much of a problem.
    4. Vanguard still has high system requirements, but if you bought your PC less than a year ago (and it wasn't dated then), you should have not problems playing it.
    5. Yes, the future of Vanguard is shady at best, due to an announcement from the developers, wherein they stated new content patches have been indefinitely postponed due to the small work force they have on the game. Instead, they will be focusing on bug fixes. This, combined with what is apparently common knowledge that Sony Online Entertainment never bought the rights to Vanguard to improve on the game, but simply to remove any competition for their own, very similar Everquest II, and with the fact that Vanguard has seen very marginal support from SOE altogether over the past year or so leads many people (myself included) to believe that Vanguard is a doomed enterprise.
  • MGShogunMGShogun Member Posts: 10

Thanks for the comments, guys. I'm very grateful. Looks like I'll be giving this game a try when I get money next week. Hope it will be fun game.  

• MacLinuxMacLinux Member Posts: 93

Yes' it's too late now. Players are on IOD and 50+. You'll play alone from level 11 to 50. Alone. Chans are dead. It's over.

• Deweycat23Deweycat23 Member Posts: 29

I have been back about 1 week after a long absence. I have taken my 25 cleric to 29 in that time. I had no problems getting in groups in Trengal Keep/Tsang's Tomb. I have also ran into people in quite a few other areas. Perhaps people are having fun on their alts. Also, It is pretty darn easy to solo as a cleric. I have also found plenty of items at my level in the AH. The game is pretty low pop tho. But I have not had any trouble at peak hours getting a group. I would love to be in a friendly casual guild on Xeth too. Somebody recruit meh!

• therain93therain93 Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

So, it basically sounds like if you want to experience this game at all, it's wiser to do it sooner than later.  The CE i picked up on ebay for 10 dollars is sitting in a box somewhere, guess I should dig it out.

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121
    Originally posted by Deweycat23

I have been back about 1 week after a long absence. I have taken my 25 cleric to 29 in that time. I had no problems getting in groups in Trengal Keep/Tsang's Tomb. I have also ran into people in quite a few other areas. Perhaps people are having fun on their alts. Also, It is pretty darn easy to solo as a cleric. I have also found plenty of items at my level in the AH. The game is pretty low pop tho. But I have not had any trouble at peak hours getting a group. I would love to be in a friendly casual guild on Xeth too. Somebody recruit meh!

I just resubbed a week ago as well. But in my experience I've gone from level 44-50 crafting just to kill the time. Finding groups is just so dang tedious. I've found a few groups but it doesnt last more than 20 minutes before someone have to leave and then breaking up.

What I find that is most rediculous is guilds out there that still REQUIRES people to apply...I mean cmon the population is already low as it is and you're not going to recruit anyone that wants to join unless they apply online? I know there may be people guild hopping but thats not the player I am. I choose my guilds carefully before even considering about talking to join. The best way to want to invite people to guilds would be just grouping up a few times to get to know each other and the members. And sadly they wouldn't even consider doing that unless I apply. Its very disheartening.

But anyway, if you ever see me online shoot me a PM and maybe we can group up a few times. I can craft some weapons for you too if you need some. My characters are Ruthlezz, Runefuz, and Bhalrog. Those are the ones I play most. But I do have a few lower level toons too. See you in game.