Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Underrated games that provide a whole new experience

Comments

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663
    Originally posted by Sleaker

The list doesn't include games like Neverwinter, or Freespace Freelancer, which have much more solid MMO qualities so I didn't see why it would include M&B.

Neither of those games are anywhere near underrated and aren't really considered "new" in my eyes either. The title says it all.

Also, once again, there are technically two lists. The MMOs and the other multiplayer games. =P

• SleakerSleaker Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Originally posted by johnmatthais

Originally posted by Sleaker

The list doesn't include games like Neverwinter, or Freespace Freelancer, which have much more solid MMO qualities so I didn't see why it would include M&B.

Neither of those games are anywhere near underrated and aren't really considered "new" in my eyes either. The title says it all.

Also, once again, there are technically two lists. The MMOs and the other multiplayer games. =P

Ahh gotcha.  I'm still thinking of underrated as games people don't necessarily think of that could be older. which Freelancer and NWN1/2 are both pretty small communities when it comes to the Online portions.

• VolstagVolstag Member Posts: 25

Its been a long while since i last posted here. I see the list has grown quite alot.

Anyway, i suppose i'm willing to try darkwind and Linkrealms so has anyone played either of them? if someone could give out more info that would be great =)

I do have a suggestion as well. Dawntide (dawntide.net) its in Beta now but i've been following it for a little bit. It seems to be a sandbox game foucusing on creating player towns and cities.

Playing

uhhh... dang.

Updated finally: Added Pirates of the Burning Sea and Myst Online: Uru Live Again

• BeermanglerBeermangler Member UncommonPosts: 402

johnmatthais, for Craft of Gods, you can add some details from their FAQ and Newbie Forums, where they kindly answer all sorts of questions that otherwise might be considered NDA sensitive.

Such as (and I'll just list the ones that are interesting/new/innovative/ good to know):

- Game will be P2P

- Free PVP, no PVP loot, no stealing from dead players. Protection system in place, you cannot attack a weaker player (a couple of levels lower)

- 2 factions + one neutral. Opposing factions cannot chat, neutral faction can act as mediators (cross-faction chat).

- Dungeons tailored to zone's level, housing, guilds, family (for RP), level cap 100.

- Tame-able pets that can also be used as mounts. Any animal will do. Pet provides extra bag slots. Perk: pet dies, items are lost.

- 14 skills, 15 abilities per skill

- Crafting - currently 1500+ craftable items; 8 craft 'schools'; If you don't want to spend time in the market, you can hire an NPC, who will become your personal seller and sell your goods for you.

- 15 day trial available from launch day. Currently speculated cost, 9.95E/m. 

Better to be crazy, provided you know what sane is...

• JothmeinJothmein Member Posts: 64

Throw Xsyon up here, don't know much but it looks to be a crafting heavy post apocalyptic survival game, but not in a way that Fallen Earth is. It appears that you need to build a settlement and learn about flora/fauna etc and farm. Dunno....

www.xsyon.com

• dennisvdzdennisvdz Member Posts: 67

Perhaps you can add this ones:

Lunia The only mmorpg with 3D characters and 2D playgrounds. Combat isn't WoW based (Click > Watch > Gain) but requires strategy. You use the A key to attack, where you must even point well. The mouse isn't used in duegons. Though the game is room based it's very fun. Note: If you live in Europe, like me, you will have a lot of connection problems. That's why I don't play it anymore.

Dragonica First 3D sidescroller mmorpg. Like Lunia not the boring click based mmorpg but really using keys to attack and stuff. Too bad the EXP rate is too low in my opinion.

• DaleJuniorDaleJunior Member Posts: 1

Never Mind. Looks like they Erased my Signature anyway. Oh well.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

great thread idea and list.

you should add Valkyrie Sky tho.

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

NEVERMIND!!!!

I'll add Xsyon, update Craft of Gods and think about Lunia.

I've already said that Dragonica isn't underrated...

Originally posted by johnmatthais

Originally posted by Jothmein

I wanted to let everybody know that johnmatthais has been temporarily banned and this thread's op will be unable to be updated until his return.

It got sorted out. I talked to Mike about it.

I'll add Xsyon, update Craft of Gods and think about Lunia.

I've already said that Dragonica isn't underrated...

Did that as soon as I got your email, must've been pretty quick!

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Craft of Gods weekend open beta begins on Thursday.

On request of Virtus, Xsyon's GM, I'm waiting til the new site launches to add it to the list.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

this.list += "VALKYRIE SKY"

Corpus Callosum    

Originally posted by corpusc

this.list += "VALKYRIE SKY"

Oops, sorry bro. Missed that post somehow. I've heard good things. I'll look into it and put it up soon. ^^

• DevalonDevalon Member UncommonPosts: 496

One game that provides a new experience is Saga, It a mix of everything from RTS to TCG. I didn't play it much because of it graphics. It worst then warcraft II.

--
    "Any free people have the right to choose how it wants to be govern thats the essence of democracy. It's sad when America has chosen for the stability and consistency of a dictatorship and doing it democratically" -utnow

• quickman007quickman007 Member Posts: 125

isn't mount and blade a single player RPG?

Originally posted by quickman007

isn't mount and blade a single player RPG?

Warband is bringing multi-player and it's under the multi-player part I added for even reasons I don't understand, lol.

Originally posted by Devalon

One game that provides a new experience is Saga, It a mix of everything from RTS to TCG. I didn't play it much because of it graphics. It worst then warcraft II.

SAGA I'll think about adding. Not sure yet.

However, to say it's got worse graphics than Warcraft 2 is overreacting. They're about the same as Warcraft 3, just styled differently.

• davidbzrdavidbzr Member Posts: 71

Maybe you could add this gamr i tried a few days ago, it's something a little different and with a "new experience" in it for some of their game's options like brotherhood and bodyguards. It's call The Warlords www.wl.91.com 

And if any of you are playing it right now, let me know, I'm new and till now i'm kind of linking it :) 

Originally posted by davidbzr

Maybe you could add this gamr i tried a few days ago, it's something a little different and with a "new experience" in it for some of their game's options like brotherhood and bodyguards. It's call The Warlords www.wl.91.com 
    And if any of you are playing it right now, let me know, I'm new and till now i'm kind of linking it :) 

Lol, I'll think about it. I've had a lot to do and I'll get around to it sometime, as well as Valkyrie Sky, unless someone wants to second either of those games and save me some trouble. =D

• VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492

John, you can go ahead and post Xsyon. Everything's up and running and looking good. Shouldn't be too long before A Xsyon forum appears here on MMORPG.

Just a bit of info so you don't have to go digging around:

There is a closed beta to a preselected team and preorders. After release there will be a free trial but the details of that have not yet been worked out.

• GaddarovGaddarov Member UncommonPosts: 3

You probably have heard of Eternal Lands but  ill give you the link anyway =D

http://www.eternal-lands.com/

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

Most underrated games that I can think of are Darkfall and Vanguard.

Both extremely fungames but unfortunately Vanguard is almost dead. Darkfall is still very alive and kicking though and it is the funnest game that I have ever played (and its one of the most hated MMOs probably lol).

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA