Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Allods Online: Open Beta Underway

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

The Open Beta for Astrum Nival's Allods Online will kick off today at 2PM EST! Those of you who were part of the Closed Beta and playing on US servers will be required to download a small patch in order to get going on the Open Beta, while European players should be fine with just the standard patcher.

For more information on Allods Online or to get started with the Open Beta, check out the game's official site here.

Comments

• jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

Im going to a Flogging Molly Concert, but you can be damn sure when I get back im going to play this all night. 

Plus ill probably be drunk as hell, so even if the game sucks ill probably think its amazing.

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

I'm eagerly awaiting the servers coming up. Hopefully this will be a decent game regardless of its f2p status.

Like the above poster, I'll be playing all night, except for 10-11PM EST because LOST will be on, and ... well nothing can drag me away from my beloved LOST. :)

• kingtommyboykingtommyboy Member Posts: 543

I hope Allods will bring the f2p games to the next level. I gonna check it out!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    waiting for ... nothing..

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

I was looking forward to OB but there seems to be some severe issues with their client and website servers. 

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

If you had a client you downloaded before 2/15 at 12:00AM PST you may need to use the update tool on it to get it to update correctly before you try and start playing... got get the Open Beta Update Tool.

Also the servers are getting slammed mercilessly and everyone is having a rough time logging in...

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• WolfzjavaWolfzjava Member UncommonPosts: 14

It's nearly impossible to accomplish anything there's so may ppl right now that if you want to kill a specific creature you need to wait very long periods of time and ppl don't want to party.

So as for me i'm going to wait a few days and go back to Killing ppl

• zhombiezhombie Member UncommonPosts: 160

Yeah, so much word of mouth and incorrect comparisons to other games made the OB/soft-release launch a nightmare. Glad I managed to log in and at least not only get two characters created, but my guild managed to get established ingame. Possibly the first one on our server. As it is it's way too overpopulated just yet. I too am going to wait until some of the fervor dies down.

___________~____________
    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde

• MasterChaosXMasterChaosX Member Posts: 52

Will charcters be deleted after OB finished or will we able to continue from where we left of after OB finishes and game goes live?

• tehikktehikk Member Posts: 497

I love how so many people are on, makes the game feel alive! ^^

"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others crazy?" - Albert Einstein

• zhombiezhombie Member UncommonPosts: 160

Masterchaos: No, as this is essentially a soft release no characters will be deleted.

___________~____________
    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde

• Esther-ChanEsther-Chan Member Posts: 288

Yes, and I'm enjoying every minute of it. Allods is a great game and I can't wait until it starts quieting down so the start zones aren't so overpopulated!

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Everyone with a blanket hatred for instanced zones should log into Allods and make a new character tonight.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

Thanks!  I almost forgot about the OB start.

I just went through the starting tutorial - I see what people like about this game!   Very nice art style and a good UI.     The storyline seems interesting too.   I think I'll be checking out this game some more!

• SigilaeaSigilaea Member Posts: 317

Couldn't sleep so I decided to give it a try. So far I am pleasantly surprised. I played a couple of characters to 10 on each side and the production value is better than half the p2p games.

It's fairly polished and just different enough to be worth a little play time. I love what they did with the random number generator for mages. It is slightly better than just pressing the same key over and over.

• KhorraxKhorrax Member UncommonPosts: 53

Luckily, I had no trouble logging in and creating a character. But there's so many people around that it can get difficult to complete quests that involve killing monsters or getting monster loot. So I'll probably not play that much and wait instead for a bit.