Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sheep!

PonziniPonzini Member UncommonPosts: 506

I hope you guys know that this game has a long history.  Many players have been following the game for 4-5 years. I happen to know some people in beta that say the game is fine. Just because they dont got the screenshots you want doesnt mean they dont exist. Maybe they would rather work on the game! (hmm thats a crazy thought!)

There is no big conspiracy! Most of the posters saying there is a scam are just sheep! They see what other noobs write and go write it themselves.

Comments

• ClockfosterClockfoster Member Posts: 43

ITS A TRAP!
    SCAM SCAM SCAM

• RPGPorksterRPGPorkster Member Posts: 77

Originally posted by Ponzini

I happen to know some people in beta that say the game is fine. Just because they dont got the screenshots you want doesnt mean they dont exist...
    There is no big conspiracy! Most of the posters saying there is a scam are just sheep! They see what other noobs write and go write it themselves.

Ridiculous.

Wouldn't you say people are more like sheep if they blindly purchase a game without research?

Here are some points to your post;

* Another game had a long history too, it's called, 'Horizons' and it too was NDA'ed till the last week of release.

* Can you describe the name/nick of your friend in Beta? as when examining the posts of the beta forums on the official site, there are only a few select people in beta.  You can count their names/nicks on your fingers.

* Should fans expect to see some direction of the game whilst the company is displaying signs to pre-order?

* Who said the game is a hoax? I personally think it maybe just a bad game being shadowed from criticism.

* Is it so hard to display a screenshot of in-game with the graphics-user-interface showing?  I can't see why not as the screen buffer and its capture are very easy to change.

* Does Mourning's Limited Liability Company (LLC), have the ability to cater for the bandwidth of the game in Hungary?  What is the game's limits even it may be hosted in another country?

* From a recent screen shot, the person that took the shot was getting below 28fps.  In a game with few playing and using a low tech draw engine, was the player only playing on an old computer or was the game code struggling?

There are many more questions that could be asked, but above are but a few.  Who's the sheep, those that ask questions or those that blindly purchase...

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Right on Porkster....

Reading these people that dont know any more about the game than we do ("o a guy I knew knows someone who was in Beta...... puleeeeeease") go on about how sure they are this game is real only makes me want to put up a website saying im making an MMO.

Hackers put up pages that convince 35+ year old people with business degrees they are dealing with their own banks everyday and steal identities one after the other. Yet some of you think a 17 year old with Dads credit card cant be fooled ???

There is truly one born everyday.....

<Note> I happen to think that Mourning (on balance) is exaclty what it says it is. I would not however based on reading the same internet sources as the rest of you come on here and tell others they are dumb. Thats very risky in terms of your "looking like a total idiot when you are wrong factor".image

Remember the old saying. "Its better to shut the hell up and let people think your an idiot than to open your mouth and prove it"image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• superhero13superhero13 Member Posts: 170

* Who said the game is a hoax? I personally think it maybe just a bad game being shadowed from criticism.

A lot of people in other threads...and thats who he was responding to.

But it didnt stop you from bashing someone who was trying to bring truth to light. Which is kind of what you did with your Mourning facts, although you were bent on the bad facts tempering them with no good ones.

Guess you woke up on the wrong side of the bed on the day of that post.

• ShrubberShrubber Member Posts: 219

Originally posted by Ponzini
    I hope you guys know that this game has a long history. Many players have been following the game for 4-5 years. I happen to know some people in beta that say the game is fine. Just because they dont got the screenshots you want doesnt mean they dont exist. Maybe they would rather work on the game! (hmm thats a crazy thought!)

The better question is why would you support a game that you know abosultely nothing about? No Screenshots, nazi moderatations, no beta impressions and lack of info point to one thing- Mourning is trying to cover itself in secercy. Whether that means its a scam or a really bad game waiting to be unleashed on uninformed consumers is yet to be seen......

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

Why don't you all just shut the hell up until open beta.

Is that an order ? image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• ArcariusArcarius Member Posts: 72

Well, for one, I never said I thought Mourning was vaporware.

It can be a scam without being vaporware.

And, at this rate, open beta will never arrive.

Eternal Vigilance - NOW RECRUITING

-Flavius Vegetius Renatus
  • stav1stav1 Member Posts: 282

Its not a scam and open beta is starting 28 Febuary.

Although i doubt repeating this for the 2 millionth time will make any difference to those of you posting this crap. 

Stav you seriously need to read something other than your own posts. The beta has been DELAYED! its actually on the front page of MMORPG. Go have a look.

Open Beta Slightly Delayed

Date: Feb 18, 2005 Author: Craig McGregor

Dan Antonescu - Mourning's Community Liaison Manager announced today that they will be slightly delaying the open beta test phase of the game until no earlier than March 1, 2005.  The game's release date will be delayed accordingly.

Now I suppose your going to say... "o its just a few days" when the fact is you dont know any more than we do you are just ASSUMING.... and when you ASSUME you make an ASS out of U and ME

+-+-+-+-+-+
    -+-+-+-+-+-+

Hee hee hee.

That's what they said about Feb. 18th.

But even so, a game that promises to be awesome, and isn't anything near that, is still a scam.

Whether or not it is vaporware does not mean it is, or isn't, a scam.

• darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015

I am under the impression that this game actually does exist, but it is nowhere near a finished state. Given this theory, I think the devs are very stressed at this point, as they don't want to push the release date back yet again, but know that the game they currently have is not what was promised.

Stress due to these factors would explain why the board moderator (who is also the lead designer) lashes out so much against critisism of the game, and also why there has been next to no media released for it. If looked at in this light, this Tiamat fellow's actions I can see as understandable, in a sad sort of way.

This does not imply I think this theory excuses his unproffesional behavior, however. It's just that I would understand the stress and frustration if their game was in a rough state so close to 'release'.

Once again, this is simply my take, and obviously not fact. ::::19::

Thats more or less exactly what I think Darq.

The difference between us and some other though is that we are mature and inteligent enough to read between the lines, rather than just assuming we are soooooo right and telling others they are fools and to STFU when really they do not know any more about this title than the rest of us.

Unless you can prove this game exists I suggest you take a reality check. Unless you can prove it does not I suggest you do the same. If not, one group of you is going to have some awfully red faces when the truth really does come out. image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    -+-+-+-+-+-+

That's been exactly my take on the issue ever since I concluded that Mourning isn't vaporware - I guess a little over a week ago now.

The people who have pre ordered will be allowed in first.
    Found here

More evidence to support our speculation.