Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Producers Letter Big changes coming

124»

Comments

• McAvoyMcAvoy Member Posts: 85
    Originally posted by jotull

I have to wonder if the Carebears have won, The producers letter doesn't seem to bode well and from talking to Friends at Ncsoft ganking seems to be on the chopping block, "Americans want a social game" is currently being chanted at NCsoft west, and was the reason the so called Vision trailer was released to give Rainbow Bright and Paddington bear hope for the future. So They let you flag yourself a no participant in Rifts, or worse provide PVE servers where all of the victims will run to.....seriously WTF has become of NCsoft...in L II they told the west to suck it, now We are getting ready to build houses and ride giant Squirrels just like Tinkerbell, all because Ncsoft is afraid of what SS is going to do in the next lameass version of FF

Somebody fucking shoot me now.

Just FYI, that Aion Vision trailer was just to trick ppl into joining Aion. They have said they are not working on anything in that trailer and that they are not planning to.

Inherited Will, the Destiny of the Age, and the Dreams of its People. These are things that will not be stopped. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of freedom, these things will never cease to be! - Gol D. Roger

• gaara168gaara168 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by thinktank001

I have to wonder if the Carebears have won, The producers letter doesn't seem to bode well and from talking to Friends at Ncsoft ganking seems to be on the chopping block, "Americans want a social game" is currently being chanted at NCsoft west, and was the reason the so called Vision trailer was released to give Rainbow Bright and Paddington bear hope for the future. So They let you flag yourself a no participant in Rifts, or worse provide PVE servers where all of the victims will run to.....seriously WTF has become of NCsoft...in L II they told the west to suck it, now We are getting ready to build houses and ride giant Squirrels just like Tinkerbell, all because Ncsoft is afraid of what SS is going to do in the next lameass version of FF

Welcome to America!!

The west is a vastly different culture when it comes to online games.   It is seen more as a hobby rather than a way of life.  I am much more surprised that NCsoft actually has someone on board that recognizes the disparity.  

haha welcome to america is right lookign at everythign we have there r still a good amount of game sover there that wed love to try but hey they just ip bann us an say we lagg there whole country an we get stuck with money grubing companys like ncsoft to make game slike aion that sound amazing at first but deliver nothing but crap an a few others posted stuff about incomplete games well we might be able to complete games eventually once america quits being a bunch of dill weeds an lifts the technology bann so the likely ness of us gettin a good game that is worth spending 14.99 a month for some crappy item that boost stats alittle an that isnt a gringd fest were u spend 10 hours to get one level isnt likely an seriously ncsoft could careless if we get pked its all about the money  but hey i guess thats when we become pkk's an start chasing the pk's down an killing them like chiken's an owning there egos  but i know im probably ranting but hey XD

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712
    Originally posted by Kainis

Originally posted by joker007mo

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by Angelipity35

they got a quest that requires you to make 5 level 30 characters. =p

I think that quest is mostly there to reward players who play a lot of alts.

Players don't have to have that armor.

oh but they do not alot mind you but i knew a few people who went alt crazy just for such armor my cousin was one of them til it became a fruitless endeavor you would have to be really fucking bored or anal to want to go through all the shit you have to go through for that armor

and honestly i really dont see it being rewarding at all just a big pain in the ass

Apparently someone wasn't around for the Holo-grind in pre-cu/nge SWG.

yea and i thank god for that too not much a fan of swg or any other related stuff or st for that matter just never was my thing though if they make a lexx mmo ill be all over it

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

PvE server..fine, then the whiners can shut up

But setting it up so players can flag themselves for pvp when they're in the enemies realm is beyond ridiculous, considering this is suppose to be a pvp oriented game.

As for the other changes which seem to be mostly pve content/social features i look forward to those, between rifting and the abyss/sieges i'd say theirs plenty of pvp content to last awhile, but pve can always be expanded on.

edit: seeing as how i can't find any postings/talk on their website about the flagging thing, i'm going to assume and hope it will not be happening :P

• trentonxtrentonx Member Posts: 147

same happened to UO, and it only grew in subs, and the pvp servers were still full.

ignore it, nothing is changing. If this was eve type, with one server, then you would be panicing.

• Angelipity35Angelipity35 Member Posts: 14

i think after you get 5 armors and trade them you can get a weapon. then it continues the quest....but i haven't actually seen a guide about it. 

• So if the carebears have won then you must suck at PvP?  They beat you without even firing a shot and you think they suck.  Oh the irony.

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

I stopped playing Aion about a 1 month ago and it was an awesome move for me. When your not playing you realize that the pvp is really not done that well at all. The idea the there but until NCsoft comes out with pvp changes the abyss and rifting is likely to get very old for everyone before too long. The MMO I'm playing now puts all other MMOs on the market to shame as far as I'm conserned :-)

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• skepticalskeptical Member Posts: 357

This game is just more proof that PvP and MMO are a tough mix to pull off. Many have tried and most have failed. All games seem to end up being either a pve grind or a pvp gankfest that doesn't really hold interest very long. I quit playing this not long after release because it was loaded with bots and pvp seemed to be just rolling zergs with no real skill involved. If they like this crap in asia then great; they can have it. This shit doesn't play well in the west because neither the pve players or the hardcore pvp people are happy with it so instead of pleasing everyone you please no one. I don't think the cutsie anime style goes over well as much either in the west so that didn't help to start with.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

oh but they do not alot mind you but i knew a few people who went alt crazy just for such armor my cousin was one of them til it became a fruitless endeavor you would have to be really fucking bored or anal to want to go through all the shit you have to go through for that armor

and honestly i really dont see it being rewarding at all just a big pain in the ass

This is why I think game players are the ones who are making their own hell.

It was the same in LOTRO for the undying title (or somethng like that). You would get a title if you could make it to lvl 20 without dying. So what were people doing? they were rerolling so they could get that title. Then if they had to do that too many times they would come to the forums and cry and complain and say that Turbine didn't know how to make a game yadda yadda yadda. Then they would announce that they were quitting.

All for a title. That did nothing.

It's this type of insanity that is an issue.

If players would play these games more like games and less like a life goal then perhaps they would be happier. This is not to say they shouldn 't give it their all. But to obsess about something that isn't really going to make your life better in game and that isn't needed seems to be beyond the pale.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

I actually have the armor and did the weapon quest 2 times, its deffinitly far from fruitless seeing as how all you had to do was be an alt whore like me to get pretty sick gear that you can trade between your characters. the devanation set will last you atleast 10 levels and even then its going to be VERY tough for me to give up the bonuses the set has.

i have an upgrade for my Ranger's bow sitting in his bank now from farming rare named spawns on my main with my guild. once i do that i'll turn in his devanation bow for another dagger for my assassin DW 2 of those daggers will give him 700 something hp just off the weapons.

tho i'll admit i lucked out and found a piece of the devanation set as a world drop, so i only have 4 characters 30+ wich is kinda low for me compared to other games i've played. 2 of my alts all i did was take a profession and do a trade skill and leveled them 10-23 during a double exp weekend just doing work orders. pre-BC wow i had like 7 level 60 characters >.<

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

At the pace this game comes out with new content since release, I wouldn't worry much.  Probably won't see the changes for a year or more.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

I think that you're a little confused on what a "carebear" actually is. Because if you did know what it means, you'd quickly realize that Aion is a game geared specifically to carebears.

Originally posted by Sukiyaki

Originally posted by McAvoy 
    Just FYI, that Aion Vision trailer was just to trick ppl into joining Aion. They have said they are not working on anything in that trailer and that they are not planning to.

Just FYI this gossip rumor made up by trolls has been debunked ( also by CMs) several weeks ago allready and the ETA announcement for 2.0 and 3.0 doesnt make it more believeable. You are about two months too late to spread them with any success ;)

Edit: Though OPs "information" is just a rumor eithero.

lol, It is not a rumor it was on the Aion site can't find it to link it now so they musta took it off.

Quit trolling.

Inherited Will, the Destiny of the Age, and the Dreams of its People. These are things that will not be stopped. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of freedom, these things will never cease to be! - Gol D. Roger

Just FYI this gossip rumor made up by trolls has been debunked ( also by CMs) several weeks ago allready and the ETA announcement for 2.0 and 3.0 doesnt make it more believeable. You are about two months too late to spread them with any success ;)

Edit: Though OPs "information" is just a rumor eithero.

lol, It is not a rumor it was on the Aion site can't find it to link it now so they musta took it off.

Quit trolling.

Oh please you didnt seriously respond with that in the last three months 100 times repeated "Its confirmed! I read it somewhere from an official source but I wont/cant tell you where!"-line to support that made up rumor?

And now are you going to respond with those (also by other ambigious trolls before) so wrongly interpreted first lines of Ayase on that trailer, he even had to respond a second time and rule them out as gross overinterpretation of his words (which too often is "overseen")? You too are now like two and a half months too late to keep on spreading those rumors.

If you going on a "search" now to find something you could wrongly or with much fantasy intprete into sth to support you rumors you can look for the latest conference call where NC Wests CEO and NCSofts CFO himself allready confirmed them working on 2.0/X and 3.0 and attempting to release them the in first half of 2010 and late 2010. Or NCWest allready working on localizing the next patch of the doubleupdate, latter including 2.0. Oh wait they wont help you that much ;)

Just a matter of months anymore even for the West till we get parts and then all of that "faked" Vision "trick".

I give that "Quit trolling" line right back to you.

It's pretty sad that you keep coming back to cry over something you just can't accept.

I wish that Aion was getting the stuff in that video, but sadly it was a trailer for them to get dumb people to join/resub.

I wont respond back cause i know better than to feed trolls and i have much better things to do with my time that listen to a nerd cry.

(lol)