Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If You Were To Choose Between FFXIV And Tera...

13»

Comments

• ChexxChexx Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by Frostbite05

Originally posted by Chexx

Tera is a hack n slash the whole game will be mostly PVP focused not PVE like XIV.   That being stated you cannot compare a PVE to a PVP.  PVE focuses on a group oriented gameplay, in XIV case the gameplay will be slower unlike tera but i dont mind it I would rather take my time in battle and see how the fight starts evolving and change strategy in mid battle to save the battle and my ass. Tera on the other hand will be a smash the button so you can kill the monster asap. 

The main diffrence between them is simple.
    XIV -> PVE -> Group mostly -> strategy ->  Slower  battles
    TERA -> PVP -> Solo mostly -> Action -> Smash the button to spam attacks (strategy minimum)

That being said if you like PVE go to XIV if PVP is your strong point then go to TERA.  It is almost imposiblle to have PVP and PVE in a single game without effecting the overall gameplay. I bet they will both be good games just depends if you like to group quest alot or like to solo quest and fight other players in the game for the top position. 
    Only way to be the best in PVE is to have the best gear, spells and strategy (skill) against AI Enemy (possible minor PVP  later on). PVP is similar but best gear, spells and strategy but not against the monster but a fellow player to show off your skills.

FFXIV will most likely be superior in just about every way. Then again the whole grinding mobs to level won't sit well with western audiences. Just look at aion.

that is true but i would rather grind to a level and feel like a acomplished something then to fiinish a quest and level up and do this repeatedly until i got to the end game feeling empty inside and then moving on to xiv.

• MotearMotear Member Posts: 18

Who says TERA is strictly PVP?

to say TERA -> PVP  is funny, try going to the site and reading more about the game.  Just because it has PVP doesnt mean it's all around PVP.   We don't even know if there will be PVE /RP servers yet, so to make assumptions is just funny.

To also say TERA is a button-smash hack and slash game = no skill

Really?  Like tab and pushing 1,2,3,2,4, or F1, F3, F2 ...isn't the same?

At least with TERA you have to aim and setup the right angles and combinations and time your attacks...Oh and you can actually miss in TERA...but I guess the previous posters perfer a random counter miss...

If you like Lineage you will like TERA.

All I'm saying is don't make assumptions unless you have been in the FF Beta or TERA GFT

Both games will be excellent so try both.

• Kaliber13Kaliber13 Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by Motear

Who says TERA is strictly PVP?
    to say TERA -> PVP  is funny, try going to the site and reading more about the game.  Just because it has PVP doesnt mean it's all around PVP.   We don't even know if there will be PVE /RP servers yet, so to make assumptions is just funny.
    To also say TERA is a button-smash hack and slash game = no skill
    Really?  Like tab and pushing 1,2,3,2,4, or F1, F3, F2 ...isn't the same?
    At least with TERA you have to aim and setup the right angles and combinations and time your attacks...Oh and you can actually miss in TERA...but I guess the previous posters perfer a random counter miss...
    If you like Lineage you will like TERA.
    All I'm saying is don't make assumptions unless you have been in the FF Beta or TERA GFT
    Both games will be excellent so try both.

U took the words out of my head n typed em in. These guys dont have a clue about TERA. I mean to say its a solo pvp game... well... what u smokin? People gotta go check out some vids or sumthin cuz they just talkin out of they asz at the moment.

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417
    Originally posted by Kaliber13

U took the words out of my head n typed em in. These guys dont have a clue about TERA. I mean to say its a solo pvp game... well... what u smokin? People gotta go check out some vids or sumthin
    cuz they just talkin out of they asz at the moment.

I thought that was a internet standard now a days?

Get used to it, and take what you read in these kind of threads with a grain of salt. :)

• MuffinatorMuffinator Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Frostbite05

Tera is a hack n slash the whole game will be mostly PVP focused not PVE like XIV.   That being stated you cannot compare a PVE to a PVP.  PVE focuses on a group oriented gameplay, in XIV case the gameplay will be slower unlike tera but i dont mind it I would rather take my time in battle and see how the fight starts evolving and change strategy in mid battle to save the battle and my ass. Tera on the other hand will be a smash the button so you can kill the monster asap. 

The main diffrence between them is simple.
    XIV -> PVE -> Group mostly -> strategy ->  Slower  battles
    TERA -> PVP -> Solo mostly -> Action -> Smash the button to spam attacks (strategy minimum)

That being said if you like PVE go to XIV if PVP is your strong point then go to TERA.  It is almost imposiblle to have PVP and PVE in a single game without effecting the overall gameplay. I bet they will both be good games just depends if you like to group quest alot or like to solo quest and fight other players in the game for the top position. 
    Only way to be the best in PVE is to have the best gear, spells and strategy (skill) against AI Enemy (possible minor PVP  later on). PVP is similar but best gear, spells and strategy but not against the monster but a fellow player to show off your skills.

FFXIV will most likely be superior in just about every way. Then again the whole grinding mobs to level won't sit well with western audiences. Just look at aion.

that is true but i would rather grind to a level and feel like a acomplished something then to fiinish a quest and level up and do this repeatedly until i got to the end game feeling empty inside and then moving on to xiv.

Apparently  both of yal not only don't have fucking clue to wtf you're talking about, and didn't bother to read my last post about lack of info on the game to determine such accusations towards TERA. 

All you've proven is that both of you are complete care bears and you couldn't hack when it comes to pvp or 'real' dynamic pve content.   to think ffonline takes skill you're either a fucking retard  or you've got down syndrome - which is it?