Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just DL the trial and enjoying it!

Hello!  A few nights ago i DL the trial on my home PC and was enjoying it.  Well I am out of town for the next few days and would love to play it on my laptop.  Im thinking of just paying the $10 and buying it off steam. I plan on starting over anyway, i picked a EUR server on accident.  I have a couple questions.

If i buy it off steam right now, DL it and install it to this laptop, how will I get the game over to my home PC when i get home? will i have to re-DL it? will it let me DL the client twice? can i just burn the massive file to a disc and transfer it that way?

or would i just be better off to run to the local walmart or best buy and see if i can pick this up there?

thanks guys, im trying not to get too discouraged about the game from a lot of the posts i read on here. it seems like a pretty cool game and i need an mmo!

Comments

• BadgerSmakerBadgerSmaker Member Posts: 629
    Originally posted by Edge78

Hello!  A few nights ago i DL the trial on my home PC and was enjoying it.  Well I am out of town for the next few days and would love to play it on my laptop.  Im thinking of just paying the $10 and buying it off steam. I plan on starting over anyway, i picked a EUR server on accident.  I have a couple questions.
    If i buy it off steam right now, DL it and install it to this laptop, how will I get the game over to my home PC when i get home? will i have to re-DL it? will it let me DL the client twice? can i just burn the massive file to a disc and transfer it that way?
    or would i just be better off to run to the local walmart or best buy and see if i can pick this up there?
    thanks guys, im trying not to get too discouraged about the game from a lot of the posts i read on here. it seems like a pretty cool game and i need an mmo!

Hi there Edge78,

Glad to hear that you are enjoying SWG.  If you have already downloaded the game to your PC, if you buy the steam download and put that on your laptop your account will be changed to a full one and when you log onto your PC again you will be playing with your full account.

You can always download the game again, Station Launcher is also a good way to download SoE games.

If you can pick up an SWG box somewhere, the CD will save you some downloading time, but as this is an MMORPG new patches get released all the time and there will always be some patching to do.

I hope that helps.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by Edge78

Haven't been to the Sony boards either then huh? ;)

I'm glad you enjoy it! It's only $10 on STEAM so it's hardly a loss if you change your mind.

If you're REALLY looking for an MMO, you've come to the right place, but I find your comment odd given this is your first post and the way you bring up anything other than YOUR enjoyment (typical tactic a lot of trolls use to get attention). If you were truly interested in an MMO (which you claim to be) I think you're silly to dismiss player comments (good or bad) so quickly.

This site is fantastic for asking how or WHY people feel the way they do about any game...If you want to come back and ask, please do so.

• BadgerSmakerBadgerSmaker Member Posts: 629
    Originally posted by TUX426

This site is fantastic for asking how or WHY people feel the way they do about any game...

I get the impression that the OP doesn't care what anyone else thinks, and wants to make their own mind up.

Best way really.

• Edge78Edge78 Member Posts: 6

umm thanks, wasnt trolling or striving for attention, just was excited that I finally found a game that i enjoy. i played WoW to death and tried a few other mmo's (LotRO, AoC, EQ2) and got kind of burnt out on the fantasy setting.

im DL it now off steam and hopefully playing it sometime this afternoon, thanks!