Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Love/Hate FoM?

AerigAerig Member Posts: 15

I played from about xmas day till yesterday.

Being part of a 50+ vs 50+ man raid really is an exciting experience and I willl definitely return to this game at some point in the future.

Even now, with the mmo typical population decline with so many people back at work and school after the holidays, FoM is definitely a fun game to play, with 20+ vs 20+ spontaneous raids being a common daily occurrence.

Strong use of TeamSpeak and Vent result in a fairly close knit and boysterous community that is genuine fun to be part of.

Many people delete their characters and create new ones for anonymity but equally many keep the same name and a good deal of notoriety and fame as they either remain in one faction or migrate from one faction to another when they want a change of pace or scene.

The game is not that easy to learn and has a pretty steep learning curve but it is well worth the effort because the depth of gameplay and the player created social environment results in a seriously compelling, immersive and addictive game.

The sound and graphics are all pretty good. Possibly the actual look of the models could be better but that would probably slow down raids and skirmishes. The model animation is superb and really pulls you into the game.

In my mind, I relate to characters in FoM like I would real people. EQ, AO, Neo, ... none of them have really been so vivid to me.

So why did I leave?

12 hours a day engrossed playing, seriously convoluted politics, close to outright exhaustion, burned out for now!

Utterly brilliant game with a fantastic player population! I cant think of another game that I would recommend more atm for outright FPS excitement, involvement and roleplay potential.

FoM rocks!

Comments

• AerigAerig Member Posts: 15

Its free to play or premium as you choose, premium costing me approx £7 per month (incredidibly good value) or maybe $10 to you.

http://fomportal.com/

• scuubeedooscuubeedoo Member Posts: 458

FoM is definetely a good game but i stopped playing too. Too much rogues and ganking for my taste. Sure on paper there are factions/rules/politics and stuff but if so many people don't actually obey these rules (their faction's rules) what's the point? It turns out a free for all pvp game. In fact that *could be good* under some circumstances, but FoM, with all these rogues, is not even that, but a "kill the weak" game which is actually the definition of ganking.

"Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars – combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."

• logansmomlogansmom Member Posts: 55
    Originally posted by scuubeedoo

FoM is definetely a good game but i stopped playing too. Too much rogues and ganking for my taste. Sure on paper there are factions/rules/politics and stuff but if so many people don't actually obey these rules (their faction's rules) what's the point? It turns out a free for all pvp game. In fact that *could be good* under some circumstances, but FoM, with all these rogues, is not even that, but a "kill the weak" game which is actually the definition of ganking.

totally agree with this.  i really wanted to get into this game and give it a fair shot but there is just no fun at all here.  the crafting sucks that all you do is stand at a terminal and get ganked or if not fall asleep.  this game is not all bad i like the concept of all the factions and how some area's are in depth but for the most part 90% of the game is trash from the animations, models, terrain, art and design i just keep trying to find some thing that would hook me to login again but there was nothing.