Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many players left?

So thinking of returning to the game, gonna download it soon, but I was just wondering.

How many players are the left? Over 100K? Are there many high-pop servers? Any queues on servers?

Comments

• ReccooReccoo Member Posts: 197

TBH i highly doubt there are even 100k+  players spread across all servers.  I qiut about 6-8 months ago and the population was piss poor then on my server, and it was regarded as one of the better servers.  My guess they have less than 20k players and half of them are probably on the unlimited trial lol.  play upto lvl 10 all you want lmao.

• MorningStarGGMorningStarGG Member UncommonPosts: 394

As posted before population is stable and there is plenty of oRvR and SCs popping in all tiers on Badlands and Iron Rock, both of those servers peak at 500-600 per faction during the evenings as such those are the ones you would want to play on. My Order is on Badlands and Destro is on Iron Rock.

Hope this helps, and please ignore all the naysayers that have not played in months and know nothing f the games curent condition. Welcome back to WAR!

Owner/Admin of GodlessGamer.com - Gaming news and reviews for the godless.

• BaggunsBagguns Member Posts: 152

I have no Idea what the actual population is, but all I can say is that it is more than enough for you to return and enjoy the game.  Of course, T1 is very active. T2 is also very active, there always seems to be a couple warbands going on each side no matter when your on.  I can't comment on T3 or T4 as my character is not that level yet, but from what I understand they are both pretty well populated.

I play on Badlands.

Mr. Bagguns

• gszebegszebe Member UncommonPosts: 214
    Originally posted by Xtromass

So thinking of returning to the game, gonna download it soon, but I was just wondering.

How many players are the left? Over 100K? Are there many high-pop servers? Any queues on servers?

Considering that you are from Norway, and probably you're going to play on EU-servers, you can basically choose from the two currently active English servers: Karak-Azgal and Karak-Norn. Both of the them are a quite populated (usually in High druing peak hours). It seems that Azgal has a bit more Order than Destruction players, while on Norn is on the contrary, but both are rather ballanced population-wise. I'm playing my Order chars on Azgal nowadays, so I can only tell you that you'll find there plenty of ORvR actions.

• XtromassXtromass Member Posts: 662
    Originally posted by gszebe

Considering that you are from Norway, and probably you're going to play on EU-servers, you can basically choose from the two currently active English servers: Karak-Azgal and Karak-Norn. Both of the them are a quite populated (usually in High druing peak hours). It seems that Azgal has a bit more Order than Destruction players, while on Norn is on the contrary, but both are rather ballanced population-wise. I'm playing my Order chars on Azgal nowadays, so I can only tell you that you'll find there plenty of ORvR actions.

Are any of them open realm pvp? Or are they both classic RvR?

Both are Core servers (so you can switch on PvP wherever you want, it's not a constant state, and it swiches on automatically only in RvR lakes and Scenarios - if that's what you mean on 'classic'.)

Originally posted by gszebe

Both are Core servers (so you can switch on PvP wherever you want, it's not a constant state, and it swiches on automatically only in RvR lakes and Scenarios - if that's what you mean on 'classic'.)

What happened to eltharion? I want that kind of pvp :p

What happened to eltharion? I want that kind of pvp :p

Yeah,  I kinda liked it as well since it was an ORvR-RP server.

Well, every other servers have been merged into these two ones for a ballanced population on them. (Considering that this game doesn't work without peeps, it was a good move, even though I wish we had ORvR and mainly ORvR-RP servers again - but some think that on the contrary here :P )

I just think it is sad that it has decreased from 20 something servers to 2 :/ This game isn't lastin' out the year :( 

I just think it is sad that it has decreased from 20 something servers to 2 :/ This game isn't lastin' out the year :( 

Well, it's sad indeed... and yeah, its future is rather obscure for sure. Nevertheless, I'm enjoying it...

But check for yourself what it can offer, anyway; then you can decide if it's fun enough to pay for it or not :)