Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Insta-killer guards hacked

Comments

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055
    Originally posted by AmonSul

If this was after release then I would be really worried. But this is beta so relax.

This is a joke right?

It's OPEN beta, weeks away from supposed release.

AI rewrites, core mechanics/systems still broken or not working, serious lag remains, and now a serious security flaw.

These are all serious issues that have only weeks to be fixed.

I don't doubt that the devs are trying extremely hard to pull their game together and I want a sandbox game to succeed because I am tired of all this theme park trash, but people need to call it how it looks and it looks bad.  Looking at this with rose colored glasses and telling the devs everything's alright is not what they need to hear.  They need to hear about this crap, and that it needs fixed before release so we don't have yet another half finished broken mechanics game littering the MMO landscape.  We have enough of those disappointments languishing now.

I am a fan of this game but it is seriously broken right now and no where near where it needs to be for open beta, let alone release.  The devs are shooting themselves in the foot with all the bad press(deserved) that they are receiving.  They need to revert back to closed beta, reinstitute the NDA, and fix this game until it is ready.

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• LictorLordLictorLord Member Posts: 1

This is only the tip of one big fucking iceberg...

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by LictorLord

K, what's next on your list? Raining gazelles to crash the server?

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239
    Originally posted by GTwander

Originally posted by LictorLord

K, what's next on your list? Raining gazelles to crash the server?

Well, they are already floating....

I win!!! LOL@U

• UrrthlingUrrthling Member Posts: 14

MO is a game??

I've spent a good deal of time trying to make money cutting down trees with my axe, so I can sell it for silver. Then buy a book to learn Bow crafting.

I need a bow since I'm a Scout  who needs a Bow not an Axe. I finally get the Book, read it and nothing happens; no skill learned.

This crap is not a game IMO. It's a pile.

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558
    Originally posted by Urrthling

MO is a game??
    I've spent a good deal of time trying to make money cutting down trees with my axe, so I can sell it for silver. Then buy a book to learn Bow crafting.
    I need a bow since I'm a Scout  who needs a Bow not an Axe. I finally get the Book, read it and nothing happens; no skill learned.

thats called lag  or you did something wrong

Originally posted by downtoearth

MO is a game??

There's an issue with books and skills showing while reading.  Thats ineptitude by SV!!!

Another thing on the long list of broken, but it must be his fault???

I win!!! LOL@U

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715
    Originally posted by patrikd23

Good thing they figured out how to do it in open beta and not final release. That way the devs can figure out how to fix it before release of the game.
    And another thing also, a few friends of mine been harvesting alot. And another guy managed to hack his way into the house and steal all the materials they collected from storage it seems.
    And this is why games have open and closed beta. Just feel sad for my friends that put down over 10 days or more harvesting and then some cold hearted guy hacks in to steal all their work.

Don't pull the "good thing its beta" defense. If there wasn't public outcry this thing was going to be released two months ago...think about that...

I will say this game seems more and more like UO all the time. Did they happen to stack a bunch of sheep skins next to the house to glitch into it and steal your stuff? =p

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

Originally posted by HanoverZ

MO is a game??

There's an issue with books and skills showing while reading.  Thats ineptitude by SV!!!

all the bow crafting books work only need a few wood lores ironwood and black wood ithink

umm last i knew all the books in game work except for a few but yea whatever keep the hate up. ps wheres the person that said open beta would only be a week or so all i haveto say is im more right about what ive have said than alot of the negative people here. fine crtizize the current conditon but dont hrow them under the bricks

Originally posted by Kordesh

Good thing they figured out how to do it in open beta and not final release. That way the devs can figure out how to fix it before release of the game.
    And another thing also, a few friends of mine been harvesting alot. And another guy managed to hack his way into the house and steal all the materials they collected from storage it seems.
    And this is why games have open and closed beta. Just feel sad for my friends that put down over 10 days or more harvesting and then some cold hearted guy hacks in to steal all their work.

Don't pull the "good thing its beta" defense. If there wasn't public outcry this thing was going to be released two months ago...think about that...

I will say this game seems more and more like UO all the time. Did they happen to stack a bunch of sheep skins next to the house to glitch into it and steal your stuff? =p

yea.. they atleast know when to listen

MO is a game??

yea you have to finish reading them before you have the skills pretty simple actully

• RaknarRaknar Member Posts: 192

MO is a game??

yea you have to finish reading them before you have the skills pretty simple actully

If you are going to try to blindly defend the game, at least have your facts straight. You can stop reading a book at any time. You will not get the full skill point allotment as you would have, but you still get the skill and a few points. The issue is the useless piece of trash they call a database. There is no guarantee that the skill you just started learning will show up. Re-logging may or may not fix it.

• Cristina1Cristina1 Member UncommonPosts: 372

don't be ridiculous,  Devs know in what state the game is better than the players. Sorry to tell you this but "public outcry" means f**k all. The game will release when their CEO decides not you.

• sazabisazabi Member UncommonPosts: 389

its called beta TEST for a reason.

any time anything you have could be taken away, anytime the beta could end.

since its a test you probably wouldnt be able to ask 'please give our materials back' since you arent customers lol

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

IMHO, without going into detail and slagging the game off, MO needs another 6-12 months development before even considering an open-beta status.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205
    Originally posted by Cristina1

don't be ridiculous,  Devs know in what state the game is better than the players. Sorry to tell you this but "public outcry" means f**k all. The game will release when their CEO decides not you.

Or when they run out of money and have to release or close down. And yes, "public outcry" does mean something in the business world. Anyone who says differently should go talk to Toyota...

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

Any person that thinks this game is going to have less hackers than Darkfall is living in a fantasy land.  There have been hacks since block A and they have not prevented any of them.  People can still use memory editors to fly around, do 20k damage in 1 hit and get unlimited stamina.  Starvault really does not know how to prevent it as its been there for months.

Originally posted by jacklo

MO needs another 6-12 months development before even considering an open-beta status.

We have a winner!

I win!!! LOL@U

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

Originally posted by jacklo

MO needs another 6-12 months development before even considering an open-beta status.

We have a winner!

They need to do what this company is doing, but they have no money so they will be launching and incomplete product

www.massively.com/2010/02/14/kung-foo-announces-closed-beta-reboot/

Originally posted by rlmccoy1987

Any person that thinks this game is going to have less hackers than Darkfall is living in a fantasy land.  There have been hacks since block A and they have not prevented any of them.  People can still use memory editors to fly around, do 20k damage in 1 hit and get unlimited stamina.  Starvault really does not know how to prevent it as its been there for months.

People have been so caught up in the lag issues they haven't had time to see the games other numerous flaws/shortcomings.

I've been using the same dupe since November. Yes, its been reported.

MO has no anti-cheat capability and many of the current hacks/exploits dont even need a third party program.

I win!!! LOL@U

• donjuanamigodonjuanamigo Member Posts: 256

arent all characters going to get wiped once open beta is over and the game releases? if so, why all the fuss over characters you arent going to have once the game goes live. i think im going to wait on this game another 10 months or so before i check back into it.

Originally posted by donjuanamigo

arent all characters going to get wiped once open beta is over and the game releases? if so, why all the fuss over characters you arent going to have once the game goes live. i think im going to wait on this game another 10 months or so before i check back into it.

Sure they will wipe... Not sure why anyone would be concerned about their characters or what was lost at this point. o

What is concerning is the amount of hacks/exploits this far into development.  Even the ones they "fixed" aren't fixed. 

I win!!! LOL@U

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986

Miracle Patch coming next Monday!  All is well!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• CyanurCyanur Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Miracle Patch coming next Monday!  All is well!

Hum Miracle Patch, I know I've heard that somewhere...oh yeah, Shadowbane, Dark and Light...xD

Honestly I kinda like the game, but damn it's a fucking mess right now. Horrible Lag, TONS of bugs, hacking...it's nowhere near ready for OB nor release.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    Originally posted by Cyanur

Hum Miracle Patch, I know I've heard that somewhere...oh yeah, Shadowbane, Dark and Light...xD
    Honestly I kinda like the game, but damn it's a fucking mess right now. Horrible Lag, TONS of bugs, hacking...it's nowhere near ready for OB nor release.

That's why it's not released yet!   Trust in StarVault.  They have been working on all the fixes for a long time.  Miracle Patch on the 22nd will fix everything.  You will be amazed!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018