Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What will everyone be?

2»

Comments

• KamikazegoKamikazego Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by pencilrick

Was planning on looking into FF XIV, but think I am going to pass.  The weird races and their anime-ish style do not appeal to me, and neither does the revolving class system and the sci-fi elements.
    I guess I'm a fantasy purist.  Will wait for EQ Next to come out, and am saddened WOW basically self-destructed itself through welfare epics and Phasing.

I figure I'll go with the heavy armor wearing job/class and be in the front-lines.  As for race, I'll either go with the hume-type or the Galka-looking guys.  I'll learn the names at a later date. lol.

I'm not sure I ever considered WoW to be very "pure" fantasty in the first place. :P

• FeradFerad Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Originally posted by pencilrick

Was planning on looking into FF XIV, but think I am going to pass.  The weird races and their anime-ish style do not appeal to me, and neither does the revolving class system and the sci-fi elements.
    I guess I'm a fantasy purist.  Will wait for EQ Next to come out, and am saddened WOW basically self-destructed itself through welfare epics and Phasing.

In other words you're just not a fan of the FF franchise?

• rlyons38rlyons38 Member Posts: 48

To be frank, I've only recently heard about this!

I'm pretty excited, even though I've never played any of the Final Fantasy games myself, this might even get me into playing them. I will look into the races more before I make a decision.

I've only ever heard a small selection of people who had problems with FF, and they are pretty picky to be honest. I'll give it a shot, see how things work out, maybe I'll get hooked into FF!

I'll reply again soon with choices... or just edit this.

- Ross

• sa1yamansa1yaman Member Posts: 272

male Miqo'te    

• MoochieMoochie Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember Posts: 8

i was going to be the taru-like faction, until SE decided to give them knees and elongated bodies, changing them from adorable girl magnets to scary looking midgets.   Now I have no idea what i'll play as.

myspace.com/7527264

• FeradFerad Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Originally posted by Moochie

i was going to be the taru-like faction, until SE decided to give them knees and elongated bodies, changing them from adorable girl magnets to scary looking midgets.   Now I have no idea what i'll play as.

You could ask them to put in a quest that has the reward to shrink your legs.

• MoochieMoochie Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember Posts: 8

seriously, of all the races that they could've changed aesthetically *COUGHGALKACOUGH* they decided to alter the taru >.>  

a three-hundred pound guerilla with an italian mustache running around is perfectly fine, but an adorable little taru just isn't suitable.

QQ

myspace.com/7527264

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

I'm gonna be Elezen this time around. I was a Taru for FFXI, while I didn't mind playing mages with a Taru  any other class just looked weird. I didn't like the way armor looked on them and when I had my dragoon it looked like I had a toothpick instead of a sweet spear.

I hope they will make a samurai job, it was one of my favorites to play.

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

I'm still holding out on male miqo'te, they've been very careful about not ruling them out in interviews so I'm hopeful for a surprise down the line. If they don't add them then I'll probably go with lalafell.

As for class, I'll be going with a mix of everything I suppose, probably focus on magic though. People need to remember that even though they're called classes this is NOT a class based game. It's closer to a sandbox skill system, you can access a limited selection of skills from other classes you've levelled to mix and match how you like regardless of your currently chosen class.

As soon as they have some pet related classes in game though then I'll be focussing on training those up, shame they're not in at launch.

• scythe99scythe99 Member Posts: 326

Probally a Hume female, or a Mithra. Mithra all depends on their attack animations, i didn't like them in ffxi thats why I went Hume. I don't understand why they bothered to change the race names when its bascally the exact same races from ffxi. Cept maybe Lalafiel

"An MMORPG could be completely diffirent from WoW. Just look at games like Dofus, Wizard101 or EVE. But as it is, most of the Western MMOs are trying to succeed by out-WoWing WoW. It's like an army of 10 sports games made about same sports, and barely none about other sports. WoW clone is an accurate description of those games, it manages to convey much information with only two words."
    -Poster on mmorpg.com

Rift: World of Warcraft clone #9321 Nothing special to see here move along.

• scythe99scythe99 Member Posts: 326

Originally posted by Albytaps
    I was thinking about going Human also...  But really in my heart I'd wanna go Taru for my mage jobs and Galka for the melee jobs.

From what they said stat wise there will be very little diffrence between races unlike FFXI where there are some pretty big hp/mp diffs between them (the stats don't matter much its only 1-3 higher/lower not enough in the long run to matter much) Personally i'd prefer them all have the same stats and race choice is based on looks more than stats.

Class wise.. in FFXI i have pretty much all jobs 50-60 cept Bst Smn and Pup. I get bored of one job too easly and like to switch it up alot. My first job will probally be Lancer, or Pugalist, or if they have it, paladin. I always liked Dragoon and Monk from ff11, and my fave class was paladin.

"An MMORPG could be completely diffirent from WoW. Just look at games like Dofus, Wizard101 or EVE. But as it is, most of the Western MMOs are trying to succeed by out-WoWing WoW. It's like an army of 10 sports games made about same sports, and barely none about other sports. WoW clone is an accurate description of those games, it manages to convey much information with only two words."
    -Poster on mmorpg.com

Rift: World of Warcraft clone #9321 Nothing special to see here move along.

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

Hume Male for me.

• IldikoIldiko Member Posts: 1

Elzen female for certain. (with dark skin) not sure about the hair style or color... cant wait to see all the options available^^

• ChotaruChotaru Member Posts: 8

going to go for taru whm and continue my legacy, and I will keep calling them taru until I find a decent shorter name for lalafel or whatever