Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

free month?

I played the trial a while back, enjoyed it, bought the game, but it wasnt the time for it as things came up,

ive still to use the activation code, my question is,

once i enter it, do i get a free month, like with most MMOs?

Thanks.

----------------
Hello!

Comments

• Da1eDa1e Member Posts: 357

oh, and ive got lotro and MOM, do i need SOM in order to play?

----------------
    Hello!

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

You should get a free 30 days if the code is added to a new account or existing trial account.

You will be able to play just fine with the base game and MOM, but getting SOM is definitely something you will want to consider for the future, as it adds alot of great features to the game - as well as the level cap increase, etc...

• gszebegszebe Member UncommonPosts: 214

Since activation unlocks the free month, it doesn't matter when you finished your trial period. And you don't have to buy SoM (though it's going to be downloaded, partly at least, in the patching process, I guess)

Thanks for the replies, i think ill buy SOM in the future in that case.

Right, i put in my activation code about 15 mins ago, but when i look at my account it says 'closed'  and "next payment due 15/03/10" and when i try to log in it says 'expired' ?

do i need to add credit card details or something in order to retreive my free month?

----------------
    Hello!

Originally posted by Da1e

Thanks for the replies, i think ill buy SOM in the future in that case.

Right, i put in my activation code about 15 mins ago, but when i look at my account it says 'closed'  and "next payment due 15/03/10" and when i try to log in it says 'expired' ?
    do i need to add credit card details or something in order to retreive my free month?

More than likely, most mmo's require that you enter payment details upon activating your retail key, in order to receive the free month. However, your credit card or payment method will not be charged until the free month is over.

You will only be billed after the free month has been used.

Im just curious as to why it says 'next payment due 15th of the 3rd, i would assume since thats when my next payment is due that i should already be subscribed... hmmmm.

can anyone confirm ?

----------------
    Hello!

• KualaBDKualaBD Member UncommonPosts: 131

If you don't want to put in a credit card number there should be an option for using game time cards...choose that option.  Then, when it asks you for the game card number just click the choice to add it later.

From what I remember reading that's how you can get around it anyway.  You will still need to give them something before the end of your free month though if you want to keep playing.

Im just curious as to why it says 'next payment due 15th of the 3rd, i would assume since thats when my next payment is due that i should already be subscribed... hmmmm.
    can anyone confirm ?

I don't have an active sub atm so I cannot confirm this for you, unfortunately.

Someone should be able to lend a hand though.

thanks :) i just did that and hey presto, its saying open account :)

does that mean if people choose that option and end up not paying for it they get some kind of penalty / punishment?

or is the 'pay it later' option only available to those with the free month?

thanks a lot :) 

----------------
    Hello!

thanks :) i just did that and hey presto, its saying open account :)
    does that mean if people choose that option and end up not paying for it they get some kind of penalty / punishment?
    or is the 'pay it later' option only available to those with the free month?
    thanks a lot :) 

You definitely won't be penalized or punished, it is the option available specifically for the Free Month.

So no worries there, and have fun in Middle-Earth :)

great help, thanks :) 

I shall!

EU Snowbourne server named Artex :) 

Its taking a while getting used to things again haha.

----------------
    Hello!