Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Lineage 2?

Boohooligan7Boohooligan7 Member Posts: 51
Well I have a question to those who play this game. Why do you choose to play Lineage 2?

Boo Hooligan

Born on the 7th month

Comments

• Cecil-LinkCecil-Link Member Posts: 82
    I played L2 because of the graphics, pvp, castle sieges, the classes, a good intense battle system, and you can ride on dragons.image Basically i just found it really fun.

• Boohooligan7Boohooligan7 Member Posts: 51

I see. I read the review on MMORPG.com and it said that sometimes it's hard to farm because of PKers now has it been updated since then or what?

Boo Hooligan

Born on the 7th month

Originally posted by Boohooligan7

I see. I read the review on MMORPG.com and it said that sometimes it's hard to farm because of PKers now has it been updated since then or what?

The pkers are still around but when farming just go out with a friend or 2 and you will be fine.

Sounds cool, could you tell me about some of the quests in the beginning or something please?

Boo Hooligan

Born on the 7th month

Sounds cool, could you tell me about some of the quests in the beginning or something please?

The quests in the beginning (1-5) are pretty simple and you are rewarded with small amounts of adena and pots.  Basically just stuff to get you started.

Oh, I suppose adena is the currency? Are the quests repetitive or are they all a bit different?

Boo Hooligan

Born on the 7th month

• binary_0011binary_0011 Member Posts: 528

Oh, I suppose adena is the currency? Are the quests repetitive or are they all a bit different?
    some are different, some are the same.
    I see. Well thats good, i'm not really into repetitive quests.

Boo Hooligan

Born on the 7th month

• solnicarissolnicaris Member Posts: 148

As most people would agree L2 is the best graphical MMORPG out there. The game dynamics are solid. There is just a few weak points (Quests, high lvl content, lvl grind above 45+ lvl). Granted they will be doing alot for the higher lvl players in C3 patch (approx 6months). Besides that the game is real fun to play.

It is tough in the beginning and basically until you hit around 30th lvl you are using dirt poor :) but its like that in most games. Flying dragons are coming with C3 patch right now you can ride on a strider (mature dragon).

PvP and PvE are very good. Mobs will use there special abilities on you now and will some times retreat to safety of others. The economy is a little high right now because no one knows what drops what in the game least until the C2 Prima Guide comes out this month then prices should drop because then the farmers won't have the edge anymore.

There generally not alot of player killing anymore. Higher level characters usually do a good job at policing the areas and taking care of them. Only reds you see most of the time is people killing farmers.

So make your own decision and give it a try for 30days and see if you like it.

Solnicaris - ShadowsHand Clan Leader - ERICA

Come and checkout my website:
    SpaceSimCentral.com - Your Space Sim Community Gaming Resource
    Discuss EVE, JGE, BP, Infinity, Taikodom, FL, FS, HW, WC, X and more

• Hekkr1Hekkr1 Member Posts: 4

i play on bartz so there are alot of farmers here and i go out with a group of red and make a run and kill all the farmers so its really fun :)

• KougarKougar Member Posts: 3
    Best PvP than other MMORPGimage
  • icecrossicecross Member Posts: 78

Originally posted by Hekkr1

i play on bartz so there are alot of farmers here and i go out with a group of red and make a run and kill all the farmers so its really fun :)

I remember the open beta where I and some friends RPed PK killers.. we sought out the PKers and killed them for fun. Found some neat equipment too image
  • paradymeparadyme Member Posts: 238

Originally posted by Kougar
    Best PvP than other MMORPGimage

::::12::

• gerbiegerbie Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by icecross
    I remember the open beta where I and some friends RPed PK killers.. we sought out the PKers and killed them for fun. Found some neat equipment too.

Hehehe, good memories there. I didn't get to a real high level in open beta (bout 24 with my scout) but man did I have fun killing PKs. And then there weren't many that I couldn't kill. Now they're all higher level so it's chancy.

My only real complaint about Lineage 2 is The Grind. Experience and adena take SOO long to gather in this game that it just drives me away from the game. It's the only thing I don't like about the game.. but it's enough by itself to make me look elsewhere.

• moonlightchzmoonlightchz Member Posts: 54

i had another question to add on to this. i'm also considering playing L2 and i've been doing a bit of research. everyone says that the grind and lack of high lvl content is the game's only downfall. i'm hoping that the community will make up for the incessant grinding. is it easy to find a party to lvl with? are the people generally easy to get along with?

i've been playing the same 2D MMORPG for almost 4 years now and i'm tired of botting and flaming. Ragnarok Online has what could possibly be the worst community of any game out there. people do nothing but bot and then hang out in town to show off how cool they are, not having earned even one of the exp points they have.

i just want to make sure that i can find some people to party with and have a good game experience.

:::: officially boycotting capital letters ::::

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787

Originally posted by moonlightchz
    i had another question to add on to this. i'm also considering playing L2 and i've been doing a bit of research. everyone says that the grind and lack of high lvl content is the game's only downfall. i'm hoping that the community will make up for the incessant grinding. is it easy to find a party to lvl with? are the people generally easy to get along with?i've been playing the same 2D MMORPG for almost 4 years now and i'm tired of botting and flaming. Ragnarok Online has what could possibly be the worst community of any game out there. people do nothing but bot and then hang out in town to show off how cool they are, not having earned even one of the exp points they have.i just want to make sure that i can find some people to party with and have a good game experience.

I've dabbled in L2 for a bit (I've played EQ2, WoW, EVE, CoH, DAoC, etc., and still subscribe to some of those).

It's fairly easy to find a party to level in harder/dungeon areas. I've found that in normal hunting areas soloing is very viable, so a lot of people simply solo. The mobs are spaced in a way that allows a lot of soloing. In L2 you get a modest XP boost from grouping, but nothing like the huge advantage you get in EQ2.

One thing to keep in mind is that the game features a more or less wide-open PvP system, and that has an impact on the community (both in terms of whom it attracts and how people relate to each other). Whether you will like L2 will depend on whether you like PvP, to a significant extent, I think. I have not personally had much of an issue with PKers yet (it has happened but it hasn't been bothersome yet), but in general the more wide-open PvP system is what makes L2 distinct from the other "high end graphics" MMORPGs out there at the moment (given that EQ2 has no PvP and WoW has limitations on PvP) and so if you like PvP you should give the game a look.

• KelsonmacKelsonmac Member Posts: 313

I've played Lineage 2, WoW, EQ2 etc. The one word that has been mentioned in this thread that I think best describes Lineage 2 is "intensity". I think L2 caters to a lot of people and the way you play the game. Though PvP at times is unavoidable, you really do not have to participate in it if you do not want to. Some people find quests to be a weak point, but I don't think this is the case. There is such a thing as too many quests, which give a game a very linear feel to it.

I like the way the clans are set up, with limits on how many players and the 5 day penalties on leaving or booting someone from your clan. In WoW especially, when I was not guilded I would get invited to a half dozen guilds a day . . without ever having talked to someone (and many of these were already established guilds). Because of the political nature of Lineage 2, the good clans are very careful and selective as to who they choose.

Some people complain about the grind in Lineage 2. Frankly, I do not mind it - because levelling and gaining new skills and equipment gives me a much stronger sense of accomplishment.

One other aspect of Lineage 2 that I enjoy is that parties seem to be easy to get, no matter which class you play. But if you are strapped for time, you can always find someting to solo, pretty much at any level. Sure, the drops and experiance might not be great when you solo in higher levels . . . but it sure beats waiting around for 3 hours for a party a la FFXI.

• I honestly see no point in starting a new character in L2. I mean , all the starter town are empty. U cant party anybody unless u are lvl 40+. Prices are insane, due to heavy investment on ebay. Chinese farmers run the economy. I have played since CB but stoped playing a month ago. I still have the account,but i guess i cancel that soon.

• SeasonzSeasonz Member Posts: 113

Lol, Im having second thoughts about L2.
    My freind was describing the quests to me, and they sound crazy-hard.
    I came into L2 not knowing anyone, neutral motivation. Logged off with -10 motivation,
    I seriously can't find L2's awsome side, the games grind is real hard.. drop rates is pretty hard..
    I think I'm just going to stick with RO. Leveling is generally easy, drop rate is generally normal for MMOs.
    ETC.

====
    lol.
    ====

• sog3nsog3n Member Posts: 40

imma big PvP player, i LOVE pvp, lineage2 fits me when it comes to that

"Touch me. I'm hawt!"

• DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848

Originally posted by sog3n
    imma big PvP player, i LOVE pvp, lineage2 fits me when it comes to that

Have you tried out Shadowbane then? It has open PVP with no where near the amount of grind that Lineage 2 has. Shadowbane's idea is basically fast character leveling to get you straight into PvP without having to grind for months to achieve the competitive level to PvP such as Lineage 2. The only thing that is really dragging Shadowbane down it its mediocre graphics and the relatively low number of players.

---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%

• SeasonzSeasonz Member Posts: 113

shadowbane is sooooo 2001 .. or somthing
    The reason why I like L2 is because.. you get the full experience.. if you go into a dungeon, you get a little intimidated because its so.. there, and real.. other games.. I can't get that feeling. Also have you guys seen the bosses for L2? dam they are big.

====
    lol.
    ====

• 7Fold7Fold Member Posts: 318

The game was a love-hate relationship with me. I absolutly loved the Anime graphics and characters. The land was beautiful. The weapons rocked, and the world was at your feet.

Then came the reality of the game. I played it from beta all the way to C2. I tried to quit a few times because the Grind was getting to me, I made it 49 as Silver Ranger. The guild leaders where trying to tell everyone to stick it out to C2, came it would make everything better. But it didnt happen. Yes there are castle sieges and some good stuff if you are really high level.

Im going to take a different approach than just listing the pro's and cons, mainly because I only had 2 cons. 1 was the grind, the other was the wacked names "3478FoodYuk220".

Basically ask your self this before buying the game. How much time can you put into it?

Because unless you either Bot, pay someone to powerlevel you, you might as well expect to Grind and Grind and Grind. I made it to 64 in EQ, that grind seemed easy compared to Lineage 2. And I wasnt anywhere near 75. And unless you are deep roleplayer who can roleplay at low levels with people named "3343LovUlongtime23".. then its all about keeping up to get to the end game.

If I was going to play I think I would have to buy and account to skip as much grind as possible.

Thats my advice :)

• bwl2bwl2 Member Posts: 39

Well then are you not adding to the problem of account selling?image (and your "Chineese" farmers)

When I played the game over the summer last year I enjoyed every part of it (even the grind) But my computer just lagged. I would get to 93% fighting one of those large spiders lag for about 20 seconds... And find myself dead with my percent back to 80%.

That was my one problem. The grind wasnt bad but they are adding salt to the wound when they take your experiance when you die... I tryed to tell myself that if I got to lvl 20 it would be better but I couldnt get past lvl 18 becuase of lag...

• PrOuD2BAzNPrOuD2BAzN Member Posts: 2

is Lineage II fun? image I wanna try!!!image