Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can not log in, assistance?

ChantillyChantilly Member UncommonPosts: 20

At log-in Feb 9th, 2010,  Guild Wars has added a blank for me to fill in one of my character names as its security question.  That was never my security requirement and I don't recall the names.   I emailed  the support address and that failed to help.  Any ideas how to compromise this naughty little security surprise so I can play my Guild Wars account again.  It was paid at NCSoft and it looks like a management change may have happened.   Am at a loss where anyone is that can tell me the answer to the security now.     Chantilly

Comments

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

im sure that ANET support can help you out after their verification process
    if they cant help, we cant

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

Unless you have reinstalled GW you might have an old screenshot with a valid charname in your screenshots folder?

If you don't have old screenshots available you will have to choose one of the support options here: http://us.ncsoft.com/en/support/  (This IS the correct adress and not one of those malicious scam-adresses that is one of the reasons for this change. Anyway: Always beware of links posted or emailed to you.)

I only have experience with using their web-support form. This will require that you register a valid email adress (do not use your gw account here.)

My problem was solved in 3 working days from their websupport. Good luck.

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• ChantillyChantilly Member UncommonPosts: 20

Happily posting info that NCSoft was able to verify my account and sent me the name of one of my characters on my Guild Wars account.  It was 2006. LOL  I forgot....   Many thanks for this forum and for you dedicated, smart folks who are here to give me a feeling that help is near.       Chantilly

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

good to hear that your problem got resolved, welcome back to the game

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max