Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are there classes yet?

meleemadnessmeleemadness Member Posts: 592

I went to the site but didn't see classes listed.  Is each race its own class or am I missing something?

Comments

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

No classes have been published at this state. Only the races. A reasonable assumpion would be that a character will have race and a class (or classes).

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• meleemadnessmeleemadness Member Posts: 592

classes?  I am not familiar with the Guild War franchise but are most characters multi classed?

Guess I need to see what classes there were in GW1

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

We don't have any class (or much info period) information yet. Yes Guild Wars had dual classes, I assume GW2 will have a similar setup.

• HeadBytorHeadBytor Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Originally posted by arenasb

We don't have any class (or much info period) information yet. Yes Guild Wars had dual classes, I assume GW2 will have a similar setup.

hopefully :) i liked the dual classes.

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

I actual think that guildwars ended up with a little overkill. with dual class AND all classes with "free" switch for a secondary class, combined with henchmen and heroes.

So I wouldn't mind a dual class setup. But maybe without the free switch, mostly because i miss some kind of diablo like flawor to my Toons, that GW1 was close to have beforo the free switch. At least for PvE

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

You could only switch your secondary after  you have ascended (or their factions and nightfall counterpart quests). Part of the appeal of Guild Wars was that flexibility.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    Originally posted by jondifool

I actual think that guildwars ended up with a little overkill. with dual class AND all classes with "free" switch for a secondary class, combined with henchmen and heroes.
    So I wouldn't mind a dual class setup. But maybe without the free switch, mostly because i miss some kind of diablo like flawor to my Toons, that GW1 was close to have beforo the free switch. At least for PvE

It wasn't exactly free, if you were a PVP character I guess it would be but if you are a PVE character you first had to be ascended, finish a particular mission that deals with killing celestials or get to sunspear sanctuary and attain a certain rank. And after that you pay 500 gold to change to each proffession after which it is then free to switch.

This is not a game.