Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage 2 vs EQ2 vs WoW, which will survive?

Comments

• MaxxxMaxxx Member UncommonPosts: 389

speed hackers? never heard of that in L2 rofl.

Maxxx - www.L2orphus.com Moderator

• binary_0011binary_0011 Member Posts: 528

Originally posted by Maxxx
    speed hackers? never heard of that in L2 rofl.Maxxx - www.L2orphus.com Moderator

some people just like to talk nonsense without playing the game.

• NarkionOGNarkionOG Member UncommonPosts: 211
    no kidding man

CurrentlyPlaying:League Of Draaaven.
    "this site needs a graveyard forum for us to mourn."

• NarkionOGNarkionOG Member UncommonPosts: 211

Originally posted by Maxxx

speed hackers? never heard of that in L2 rofl.

oh and i was talking about WOW sorry bout that

CurrentlyPlaying:League Of Draaaven.
    "this site needs a graveyard forum for us to mourn."

• ozgamerzozgamerz Member Posts: 138

I know that many ppl are botting and farming in L2, speed hackers in L2, man I think I'd love that to happen too. Sometimes I wonder, why do ppl bot and hack? is it because they can't be bothered to play the game the developers intended for them or they are just born in that nature to cause havoc? I know mmorpgs they are boring at a stage when the lvling becomes too grinding like in L2, but then again, you can't expect to reach maximum level in a week right? It's really no point because any tom. dick and harry can achieve that and then after like 6 months, no one will play the game cuz it sux.

• MaxxxMaxxx Member UncommonPosts: 389

Originally posted by ozgamerz
    I know that many ppl are botting and farming in L2, speed hackers in L2, man I think I'd love that to happen too. Sometimes I wonder, why do ppl bot and hack? is it because they can't be bothered to play the game the developers intended for them or they are just born in that nature to cause havoc? I know mmorpgs they are boring at a stage when the lvling becomes too grinding like in L2, but then again, you can't expect to reach maximum level in a week right? It's really no point because any tom. dick and harry can achieve that and then after like 6 months, no one will play the game cuz it sux.

ok.... wtf
    THEIR ARE NO SPEED HACKERS IN LINEAGE 2.
    you must have played on a Private server or something when people used a special skill that gave them 400 runspeed or something jeez.
    People who played the game for like 2 hours think people everyone hacks and bots. Yes people bot... but not very many. And hacks? aren't very common... People think L2 is like CS.

• BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270

There are no speed hackers in L2... I can say with absolute certainty that there is no speed hacking in L2 (unless maybe in some crazy free-server). Not to mention in order to speedhack you would litterally have to hack directly into NC's servers, since practically EVERYTHING is held server-side... that includes attacking and moving... you can't take one step unless the server tells you that you can...

you see other games with many speedhackers (and other kinds of hackers)... the reason they are able to do this is because mostly everything is done PC side, meaning you would do something (e.g. attack or run) and then your computer would send that messege to the server... Lineage 2 however is practically ALL server-based, meaning you have to ASK the server if you can do something, and then it sends the info back to your PC allowing you to do it...

this is why in most PC-side MMORPGs, if you lag you can still attack (but no damage will show) or you can still run (but you will rubberband back and such)... because your computer is still doing all this, but the server is unaware... lag in Lineage 2 however and you can't do ANYTHING... you can't even open your inventory... that is because it's server-side... that's what makes these kinds of hacks practically impossible to pull off...

Also, why is farming a bad thing?... I farm, he farms, she farms... Do you even know what farming is? It's de-lvl'ing yourself so you can hunt monsters for adena more effectively... and it's not like farming is all fun-and-games... farmers have to give up levels to do what the do... in the time when the normal player would be level 50 with 3mil, a farmer would be level 30 with 10mil... farming is NOT in any way a bad thing, nor should it be frowned uppon... it's simply another way of playing the game...

then there's the botting... okay i'll give you that... there is botting in L2, but it's nowhere NEAR what it used to be... practically 90% of the botters are now gone due to NC finally stepping in, and a higher level community...

--------------------------------
    BigPeeler - The Origin

Crazy Drunk Hindu: "Man!... Why you gotta be like that Peeler?..."
    Peeler: "I dunno man... thats just the way it is. ^.-"
    Crazy Drunk Hindu: "Aye..."

image <--- It's about this time I realize I could have just dropped 1337 adena, then picked it up. Oh well...

BETTER RECOGNIZE!!!

--------------------------------------

• HebrewBombHebrewBomb Member UncommonPosts: 520

Originally posted by BigPeeler

There are no speed hackers in L2... I can say with absolute certainty that there is no speed hacking in L2 (unless maybe in some crazy free-server). Not to mention in order to speedhack you would litterally have to hack directly into NC's servers, since practically EVERYTHING is held server-side... that includes attacking and moving... you can't take one step unless the server tells you that you can...

you see other games with many speedhackers (and other kinds of hackers)... the reason they are able to do this is because mostly everything is done PC side, meaning you would do something (e.g. attack or run) and then your computer would send that messege to the server... Lineage 2 however is practically ALL server-based, meaning you have to ASK the server if you can do something, and then it sends the info back to your PC allowing you to do it...

this is why in most PC-side MMORPGs, if you lag you can still attack (but no damage will show) or you can still run (but you will rubberband back and such)... because your computer is still doing all this, but the server is unaware... lag in Lineage 2 however and you can't do ANYTHING... you can't even open your inventory... that is because it's server-side... that's what makes these kinds of hacks practically impossible to pull off...

Also, why is farming a bad thing?... I farm, he farms, she farms... Do you even know what farming is? It's de-lvl'ing yourself so you can hunt monsters for adena more effectively... and it's not like farming is all fun-and-games... farmers have to give up levels to do what the do... in the time when the normal player would be level 50 with 3mil, a farmer would be level 30 with 10mil... farming is NOT in any way a bad thing, nor should it be frowned uppon... it's simply another way of playing the game...

then there's the botting... okay i'll give you that... there is botting in L2, but it's nowhere NEAR what it used to be... practically 90% of the botters are now gone due to NC finally stepping in, and a higher level community...

--------------------------------
    BigPeeler - The Origin

Crazy Drunk Hindu: "Man!... Why you gotta be like that Peeler?..."
    Peeler: "I dunno man... thats just the way it is. ^.-"
    Crazy Drunk Hindu: "Aye..."

image <--- It's about this time I realize I could have just dropped 1337 adena, then picked it up. Oh well...

BETTER RECOGNIZE!!!

BP just said what had to be said.

L2 is no longer in a state as some beta testers would like to recall it to be.

There are apparently noticeable attempts - I've not yet come to a term or been able to cut the edge as I'm still deliberately avoiding to revisit what we've already seen - to disfranchise a number of labels associated with L2.

Some of these attempts, even if I'm not terribly curious how to make case out of it, resulted some serious disinformation about the game as whole here in NA.

Even when measures, changes got adopted, people still revisit what they were always tought to be reminded of.

One thing people should not find surprising is that this kind of disinformation only suit the color adaptation of art critics or so called amazingly gifted review panelist of all walks of life whose job is to summon an army of scarecrows to stir the curious onlookers away and the rest of dormant majority.

- Smoking grind is pilgrimage compared to smoking rant and weed.

• MagicSkyMagicSky Member Posts: 3

CHEATERS
    There will be cheaters in almost every game and I agree with the person
    that asked: why play at all if u need to cheat ?

BETA PROBLEMS
    Bugs is another question and I really respect companies that does a
    wipe when ending beta. In many games duplication bugs and such found
    during beta gives some players an advantage that will be there forever if
    all chars arent erased when beta ends.
    Beta players whine, I know, but they still have a big advantage by
    knowing a lot of the game that others dont.

BOTS
    Regarding bots, if ppl didnt buy in-game-items on the web the problem
    wouldnt exist. Look at Ebay, selling adena in L2 is big business for some.

SURVIVING GAMES
    I think the survival of the different games will be based on gameplay.

WoW
    Certainly WoW will survive, its a much easier game than others, no
    penalties. lots of quest that gives lots of exp, in partys all gets the
    quest item, dying is no big deal ( u loose like 2-4 min of play).
    5 guys working toghether can make lvl 20 in 2 days, one guy made
    like lvl 50+ on a US-server in 3-4 weeks !! = game solved.

This is a kids game, easy, good enough graphics and sound and
    a lot of players that felt L2, EQ2 and others where too hard, lots
    of drops and the PvP is nearly non-existent even on the PvP-servers.

and you can playit running like a mindless chicken as in CS or DOOM,
    and you dont have to bother about frag count.

WoW is going to take a lot of kids out of the other games, hopefully-

LINEAGE2
    L2 has outstanding graphics and character personality but the PvP
    system really sux. Ii is so easy to make "someone gor red" and loose
    his/hers gear by tricking them.
    I whish mmorpg developers took a look at the PvP-system in AE (Ashen Empire),
    it is outstanding either you like to be good or bad.

Botting problem has decreased a lot but will probably always exist, companies
    like to have paying accounts. Not always do they see the bigger picture.

But its a pretty hard game, especially if you solo

EQ2

Havent tried, but been recommended. Ppl says its a really hard game for those
    who like to play and struggle to get forward, not just spend time in a game.

But this is my opinions only, even though Im never wrong ::::01::

MagicSky

MagicSky

• gamer1220gamer1220 Member Posts: 44

CHEATERS:

To each his own ::::01:: ::::06:: ::::01:: ::::17:: ::::20:: ::::24:: ::::28:: ::::35:: ::::31:: ::::39::

--------------------------------------------
    MacroMagic.250free.com For the Best EQ2, WoW, SWG, and Lineage 2 Macros!

• RammurRammur Member Posts: 575
    They will all survive depending on the loyalty of community lol look at www.realmserver.com one of the oldest games and still alive after about 10 or so years.

i love Lineage2 as chronicle 2 and the upcoming chronicle 3 is really something that mmorpg players look forward to. More quests, monsters, great new places, more items and the list goes on. I'm not denying that other mmorpg are having the same deal, but nonetheless, i find the developers at ncsoft is really working hard to produce many other mmorpgs that has many varieties. Then again, why did they do such huge grind on leveling? This i don't understand

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221

Originally posted by MagicSky
    CHEATERS
    There will be cheaters in almost every game and I agree with the person
    that asked: why play at all if u need to cheat ?BETA PROBLEMS
    Bugs is another question and I really respect companies that does a
    wipe when ending beta. In many games duplication bugs and such found
    during beta gives some players an advantage that will be there forever if
    all chars arent erased when beta ends.
    Beta players whine, I know, but they still have a big advantage by
    knowing a lot of the game that others dont.BOTS
    Regarding bots, if ppl didnt buy in-game-items on the web the problem
    wouldnt exist. Look at Ebay, selling adena in L2 is big business for some.SURVIVING GAMES
    I think the survival of the different games will be based on gameplay.WoW
    Certainly WoW will survive, its a much easier game than others, no
    penalties. lots of quest that gives lots of exp, in partys all gets the
    quest item, dying is no big deal ( u loose like 2-4 min of play).
    5 guys working toghether can make lvl 20 in 2 days, one guy made
    like lvl 50+ on a US-server in 3-4 weeks !! = game solved.This is a kids game, easy, good enough graphics and sound and
    a lot of players that felt L2, EQ2 and others where too hard, lots
    of drops and the PvP is nearly non-existent even on the PvP-servers.and you can playit running like a mindless chicken as in CS or DOOM,
    and you dont have to bother about frag count.WoW is going to take a lot of kids out of the other games, hopefully-LINEAGE2
    L2 has outstanding graphics and character personality but the PvP
    system really sux. Ii is so easy to make "someone gor red" and loose
    his/hers gear by tricking them.
    I whish mmorpg developers took a look at the PvP-system in AE (Ashen Empire),
    it is outstanding either you like to be good or bad.Botting problem has decreased a lot but will probably always exist, companies
    like to have paying accounts. Not always do they see the bigger picture.But its a pretty hard game, especially if you soloEQ2Havent tried, but been recommended. Ppl says its a really hard game for those
    who like to play and struggle to get forward, not just spend time in a game.
    But this is my opinions only, even though Im never wrong ::::01::MagicSky

BS... just for the comment that WoW has "nearly non-existent even on the PvP-servers"
    There are other things that you got wrong there and so much more you didnt mention, not enough time to list it so ill just say.. BS

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

• VrolokVrolok Member Posts: 7

Wow will die fast. I've been lvl 60 for like a month now and i have to say that there isnt actually much to do.
    Its fucking boring thats what it is. People in my guild is already leaving. What is that? A mmorpg that last like 2 months ?

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221

Originally posted by Vrolok
    Wow will die fast. I've been lvl 60 for like a month now and i have to say that there isnt actually much to do.
    Its fucking boring thats what it is. People in my guild is already leaving. What is that? A mmorpg that last like 2 months ?

So why does a lot of people wanna play WoW? Why is it still sold out all over the world? Just becuase u rushed to 60 and got burned out and bored doesnt mean everyone else will.

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

I get so tired of this. As if any MMO of the level of Wow or EQ II is just gonna have a mass exodus and everyone just leaves, game dead. You got new players coming in, expansion packs, both games have YEARS of playability. Give it a break, are you really that niave? People invest time and money into it and don't want to lose their work, so they will stick it out and stay, and then new content comes and they are right back into it.

Lets see, since the year after UO was released I have heard how its dieing and won't last much longer, how long has it been going? AC, EQ, I can't count how many times I have heard it for about any game. WoW isn't going anywhere.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• paradymeparadyme Member Posts: 238

I'm sure there are millions and millions of ppl in this world that actually have a life and dont just sit at their computer for 12 hours a day burning there character to lvl 60. Casual MMORPGer's out number hardcore gamers 10 fold, what's the umemployment rate in the states 7.3%, so u have 92.7% of able to work American's(well not all of them but u get the point) who are looking for a game they can play casually during the 2 hours a night they have to relax.

I'm glad all these kiddies with 8 hrs a day to play are racing to lvl 60 and complaining there is no high end content yet then quiting. I say in about 8 months to a year this game will be predominatly all working adults who are just then reaching the high end content, which alot more will be implemented by then.

None are going anywhere, WoW because its #1 in NA, L2 cuz it has big brother in Korea fronting any money it needs so aslong as L2 Korea is running L2NA will be running even if it does only have 40k subscribers. EQ2 just because its a staple in NA MMORPG history and the deep rooted fanboi's will never let it die.

Originally posted by paradyme

I'm sure there are millions and millions of ppl in this world that actually have a life and dont just sit at their computer for 12 hours a day burning there character to lvl 60. Casual MMORPGer's out number hardcore gamers 10 fold, what's the umemployment rate in the states 7.3%, so u have 92.7% of able to work American's(well not all of them but u get the point) who are looking for a game they can play casually during the 2 hours a night they have to relax.

I'm glad all these kiddies with 8 hrs a day to play are racing to lvl 60 and complaining there is no high end content yet then quiting. I say in about 8 months to a year this game will be predominatly all working adults who are just then reaching the high end content, which alot more will be implemented by then.

None are going anywhere, WoW because its #1 in NA, L2 cuz it has big brother in Korea fronting any money it needs so aslong as L2 Korea is running L2NA will be running even if it does only have 40k subscribers. EQ2 just because its a staple in NA MMORPG history and the deep rooted fanboi's will never let it die.

I agree with what you say about the sustainability of the games that are currently out there. However, I'm not too sure about working class taking over the games that are being played. I still believe that many kids or teenagers are the ones that is driving the game to go further as the game are fully tested and hence making more progress for the developers. Each working class can play average 1 to 2 hours per day then maybe on weekends play like 4 to 5 hours because working class people have a social life with family and friends. Not to mention that all these mmorpgs are lvl grinder and with that kinda hours put in the game, maybe in a year you'll be lvl 60+ for just 1 character?

All the developers would want their games to be sustainable by producing new expansion so that they can continue to reap gamer's monthly fees by getting them hooked up. Most importantly, it's easier for the developers to make expansion set than to create a new game altogether. It's really important that in a game, there are a good balance of players.

On the other hand if Blizzard had pushed this game as a casual game and the majority of the player base was working class that wouldn't hit lvl 60 for a year then Blizzard wouldn't have to spend the money and resources pushing out half baked expansions to please the hardcore gamers gobbling up all the content. Sure the kiddy's might push the content envelope but I'll take quality over quantity anyday.

Now on the other end of the spectrum u have games like L2 that are sooo over the top hardcore and push out 3 big expansions in one year but only 5% of the population can expirence the high lvl content, and thats 5% out of 60,000 ppl over 9 servers. The end bosses will never be beaten in that game without GM's stepping in and helping them cheat, they got tons of content but not a hardcore enough playerbase to use it.

I donno prolly doesn't make sense but i'm try to show the other side of the spectrum and I dont want WoW turning into a L2 where the only thing that matters in the game is what lvl u are.

Oh and I was only talking about WoW in most of my last post not all MMORPG's.

On the other hand if Blizzard had pushed this game as a casual game and the majority of the player base was working class that wouldn't hit lvl 60 for a year then Blizzard wouldn't have to spend the money and resources pushing out half baked expansions to please the hardcore gamers gobbling up all the content. Sure the kiddy's might push the content envelope but I'll take quality over quantity anyday. Now on the other end of the spectrum u have games like L2 that are sooo over the top hardcore and push out 3 big expansions in one year but only 5% of the population can expirence the high lvl content, and thats 5% out of 60,000 ppl over 9 servers. The end bosses will never be beaten in that game without GM's stepping in and helping them cheat, they got tons of content but not a hardcore enough playerbase to use it.I donno prolly doesn't make sense but i'm try to show the other side of the spectrum and I dont want WoW turning into a L2 where the only thing that matters in the game is what lvl u are.Oh and I was only talking about WoW in most of my last post not all MMORPG's.

There you go, another WoW fan trying to make all justifications to fit WoW. Man, every mmorpgs need kiddies and hardcore people that'll waste their life into the game, that's how it gets the game hyped up and going. Look at Counter-strike and Diablo(I&II) and Starcraft, they are bloody old game and whenever the developers made new patches or new stuff on it, people just play and play especially those kiddies, working adults have no time for these, unless one of your main lifestyle is playing game 2 to 4 hours a day, then I'll have nothing to say.

When you buy PC game magazines, do you read the reviewers aren't hardcore players and etc? Developers will only target hardcore players because even though many may come and go, but it's still these brats that keep the game alive and surviving. Don't believe, look at those old titles that I mentioned above. They still have plenty of people playing. Mmorpgs are not different from those game, the community is still consists of teenagers, college and university students. People whom are aged 25+ are like only 5% to 10% of the gaming cake.

Ang by the way, WoW isn't the most fantastic mmorpg out there.. it's just NA making so hot... no offense but, American does not lead the way in this world in every single way. When you actually count the people that play the game, Wow isn't the most and best.

^^^dude i wasn't saying you were wrong i was just explaining the other side of the spectrum and another outcome of what could happen.

^^^dude i wasn't saying you were wrong i was just explaining the other side of the spectrum and another outcome of what could happen.

Point taken DUDE. There are just too many views on every single thing in life. Can't win all the time. Hence we lash out our anger and frustration on.... computer games.. Lineage2 ROX
  • KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787

There you go, another WoW fan trying to make all justifications to fit WoW. Man, every mmorpgs need kiddies and hardcore people that'll waste their life into the game, that's how it gets the game hyped up and going. Look at Counter-strike and Diablo(I&II) and Starcraft, they are bloody old game and whenever the developers made new patches or new stuff on it, people just play and play especially those kiddies, working adults have no time for these, unless one of your main lifestyle is playing game 2 to 4 hours a day, then I'll have nothing to say.

When you buy PC game magazines, do you read the reviewers aren't hardcore players and etc? Developers will only target hardcore players because even though many may come and go, but it's still these brats that keep the game alive and surviving. Don't believe, look at those old titles that I mentioned above. They still have plenty of people playing. Mmorpgs are not different from those game, the community is still consists of teenagers, college and university students. People whom are aged 25+ are like only 5% to 10% of the gaming cake.

Ang by the way, WoW isn't the most fantastic mmorpg out there.. it's just NA making so hot... no offense but, American does not lead the way in this world in every single way. When you actually count the people that play the game, Wow isn't the most and best.

Hmm. I think that there are a lot of gamers who are beyond university days. I think there are a lot of people who work who like to play a game they can play maybe 1-2 hours a few days a week and have fun with it. Generally online games have not been designed for this market. WoW is one of the first to really be designed around this kind of gamer (CoH was probably the first, I think), and Blizzard is proving that they can make a ton of money by catering to this kind of gamer as well as the younger gamers who have a lot of time on their hands. Ultimately I think WoW is too much tilted towards the casual gamer to hold the attention of most MMO fans beyond a few months, but the casual gamers and older gamers will stay in WoW for a while because they can make progress in relatively little time and still have fun, while in some other MMOs you simply can't make progress with that kind of time investment. So while I think that it is fair to criticize WoW, I think you're wrong about the size of the gaming market that actually has jobs, famililes and the like and plays 1-2 hours a few days a week. There are a lot of those, and they generally have more money to spend and so they are a great market to aim for if you are designing a game and can actuial design it to appeal to these people, as Blizzard did.

Originally posted by Novaseeker

Hmm. I think that there are a lot of gamers who are beyond university days. I think there are a lot of people who work who like to play a game they can play maybe 1-2 hours a few days a week and have fun with it. Generally online games have not been designed for this market. WoW is one of the first to really be designed around this kind of gamer (CoH was probably the first, I think), and Blizzard is proving that they can make a ton of money by catering to this kind of gamer as well as the younger gamers who have a lot of time on their hands. Ultimately I think WoW is too much tilted towards the casual gamer to hold the attention of most MMO fans beyond a few months, but the casual gamers and older gamers will stay in WoW for a while because they can make progress in relatively little time and still have fun, while in some other MMOs you simply can't make progress with that kind of time investment. So while I think that it is fair to criticize WoW, I think you're wrong about the size of the gaming market that actually has jobs, famililes and the like and plays 1-2 hours a few days a week. There are a lot of those, and they generally have more money to spend and so they are a great market to aim for if you are designing a game and can actuial design it to appeal to these people, as Blizzard did.

Dude, I'll only believe Blizzard if they release official press stating that most players are 25 and above. Other than that, it's just anyone's guess and opinion. Hence, what you claim has no credibility.
  • r0hnr0hn Member Posts: 185

I believe L2 has the most subcribers out of the 3.  If anyone doesn't think L2 was published by a company with money, has never heard of NCSoft.  They are a publicly traded company, and hence have to meet the SEC requirements on disclosures of sales information as a public record.  Name all the NCSoft mmorpgs out there? Ignorance is not an excuse for making stupid remarks.  I am not a fan of NCSoft, doesn't mean I haven't heard of them.

WOW probably has the most NA subscribers.