Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Heard some great new things about the game...curious...

I heard something today from a friend of mine about some nice changes to the game that have been made that really speeds up leveling/soloing/ the game in general.

I hear that with signet, resting is now really quick, he said in his 30's, he'll rest to full in about a minute when he's low on health, when it would take a really long time.

He also said that soloing is very capable with Fields of Valor, said he soloed his thief in the 30's and would gain a level about every hour and a half.

Also, decent challenges and easy prey now give a lot more exp from what I've heard.

Are these things true or what they overly exaggerated?

If they made soloing, leveling, resting in general quicker and easier, I might reconsider subbing. Last time I played was RIGHT when they released level sync, and that was great, but leveling was still a pain and I couldn't ever level at all without a full group.

Can anyone who has played a lot recently tell me how things are now?

Comments

• DocEllis611DocEllis611 Member Posts: 86

Hey,

I play off and on. I have never been to a very high level. But I have played recently, and can tell you that getting through those early levels is suuuper easy thanks to Fields of Valor.

There are other issues though, like the dunes being vacant because of people doind something called a summoner burn (I think thats what its called). So get in a LS and make friends with the smn!

All in all, it is still really fun. Im about to get in again.

• SortisSortis Member UncommonPosts: 193

It still doesn't give nearly the exp grouping does and you can only pick up one field of valor quest per in game day. Everyone that isnt a solo monster still groups and the game is still pretty much the same. Fields of Valor is nice, but usually unless a group is right beside a book nobody even uses it but to just grab ghetto refresh. 

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

I still don't understand where this rumor that it's either solo or group is comming from. You can solo on EP/DC. You can Duo/Trio on EM/T/VT. All while there is Level Sync available so you should never have a problem finding someone at your level. You can flag up and do campaign battle for great gear and decent experience. You can do plenty of solo quests/BCNM/ENM Battles once per week for experience.

Of cause if you stick to the guides you will end up going to the same places everyone does and grind in a party.

I am currently leveling my PLD and i want some gear from campaign battles for him. I started doing campaign for the Allied Notes i need yesterday. My PLD is 71. I made half my level by the end of the day just doing campaign battle and i did not do it all day i had a 2h Windurst-Dynamis run as well.

It's up to you to find what works best. FFXI for offers the most diverse content of all MMORPG's available today.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by taus01

I still don't understand where this rumor that it's either solo or group is comming from. You can solo on EP/DC. You can Duo/Trio on EM/T/VT. All while there is Level Sync available so you should never have a problem finding someone at your level. You can flag up and do campaign battle for great gear and decent experience. You can do plenty of solo quests/BCNM/ENM Battles once per week for experience.
    Of cause if you stick to the guides you will end up going to the same places everyone does and grind in a party.
    I am currently leveling my PLD and i want some gear from campaign battles for him. I started doing campaign for the Allied Notes i need yesterday. My PLD is 71. I made half my level by the end of the day just doing campaign battle and i did not do it all day i had a 2h Windurst-Dynamis run as well.

As a note to piggy-back off this paragraph...

Campaign Battle and Level Sync are great... Just don't neglect your skill levels. That's something I notice a lot of people seem to forget about when leveling up in Campaign or Level Sync'ing too far below their actual level; that they're getting job xp, yes, but their skills aren't increasing along with it.

Actual example:

Was in a party where our DD's (who seemed to do everything together) couldn't hit squat. We were fighting mobs of the normal level for our level range, but they kept missing... missing... missing... missing. The reason? They'd CB'd and Sync'd for about 12 job levels, but never caught their skills up. So... yeah. They were each missing at least one weapon skill and couldn't hit anything. Kinda caused a problem for the group, which didn't last long.

CB is great for some convenient and relatively safe xp, and LS can make it much easier to find a party... but I see a lot of people doing both while completely forgetting about their skill levels, which matter just as much.

It's up to you to find what works best. FFXI for offers the most diverse content of all MMORPG's available today.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• vixen2vixen2 Member Posts: 76

Yes, all of these things you asked about are true.  Fields of valor is a nice way to quicken the leveling process, resting doesn't take nearly as long as it used to, and with people mentoring you can find a party without much problem as anyone can mentor to your level. 

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352
    Originally posted by WSIMike  Originally posted by taus01

As a note to piggy-back off this paragraph...

Campaign Battle and Level Sync are great... Just don't neglect your skill levels. That's something I notice a lot of people seem to forget about when leveling up in Campaign or Level Sync'ing too far below their actual level; that they're getting job xp, yes, but their skills aren't increasing along with it.

Actual example:

Was in a party where our DD's (who seemed to do everything together) couldn't hit squat. We were fighting mobs of the normal level for our level range, but they kept missing... missing... missing... missing. The reason? They'd CB'd and Sync'd for about 12 job levels, but never caught their skills up. So... yeah. They were each missing at least one weapon skill and couldn't hit anything. Kinda caused a problem for the group, which didn't last long.

CB is great for some convenient and relatively safe xp, and LS can make it much easier to find a party... but I see a lot of people doing both while completely forgetting about their skill levels, which matter just as much.

Mike is right. That is another thing players seem to forget. It is a level and skill based MMORPG. I have seen my fair share of players with barely 100 weapon skillin a {Waojam Woodlands} party trying to hit the {Lesser Colibri} and failing horribly.

It takes time to level all those skills but it is worth it. 60+ I usually go to {Besieged} to skill up weapons, combat skills and magic. Before that i just set a healing sub-job and skill up on {easy prey} - {decent challange}.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"