Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEGO Universe: Sign up for BETA Testing NOW!

mlauzonmlauzon Member UncommonPosts: 767

Saw this posted over at OnRPG, I don't have an account there, because it got banned years ago, for something extremely stupid on their part I remember, anyways, check this out:

Well, they are currently taking applications to Beta Test LEGO Universe, here's the URL:

http://universe.lego.com/en-us/Beta/Default.aspx

--
Michael

Comments

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

I havnt followed Lego MMO much. Will it not be geared towards the  players of Toontown, club penguin and the like?

• arcdevilarcdevil Member Posts: 864

forget about sandboxes, the future is legoboxes!

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

I signed up as soon as I saw it in my inbox, lol.

• banthisbanthis Member Posts: 1,891

Sweet!

• ZtekanZtekan Member Posts: 261

Guys , its Lego we are talking about , thats the kind of toys "Games" i would give my 5 year old son.

System Specc
    Intel I7 4770K 3,5 ghz
    16Gb RAM 1600 mhz
    Nvidia GTX 780

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663
    Originally posted by Ztekan

Guys , its Lego we are talking about , thats the kind of toys "Games" i would give my 5 year old son.

Hey, one of the Shadowbane guys was signed on for Wizard 101 AND LU is the only hope we really have for a true sandbox MMO since Mortal failed us, so I'd jump on the bandwagon or go back to WoW. Hehe. 

Okay, that was a bit uncalled for, but I enjoyed the hilarity of typing it.

• Mellow44Mellow44 Member Posts: 599

I just wish that these lego games would go away.

I know it's for little kids but these lego games just reminds me of 3DOs gazillion shovelware games about little green plastic soldiers.

All those memories will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

yeah and any 5 years old kid could acomplish this

So your kid one day may be 10x smarter than you ever be, you otherwise, lost case.

good luck guyz =)

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

I do not care who you are Lego's are badass, I still have all my lego's.

Sooner or Later

Those with little imagination that never owned enough Legos to make anything other than a prefabed car ... bash Legos.  Everyone else that'd like some freedom which the videos clearly show this game will have...love Legos.

If you hate Legos go troll somewhere else.

• JosexphJosexph Member Posts: 121
    Originally posted by TdogSkal

Yes lego's were amazing when i was 12. But now that I'm 20 years old, and well on my way to the "real world", this game looks horrible to play. They have already stated it will be heavily moderated, so enjoy playing with tons of 5 year olds.

• godzilr1godzilr1 Member UncommonPosts: 550

Amen brother!

• NovaKayneNovaKayne Member Posts: 743
    Originally posted by Josexph

Yes lego's were amazing when i was 12. But now that I'm 20 years old, and well on my way to the "real world", this game looks horrible to play. They have already stated it will be heavily moderated, so enjoy playing with tons of 5 year olds.

Playing with 5 year olds would be preferred over tweens thinking they are twenty.

I will take Legos and 5 year olds any day.  And like most, I have a HUGE collection of Legos.

Say hello, To the things you've left behind. They are more a part of your life now that you can't touch them.

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

The Lego games usually  do pretty well in sales and reviews. I havnt played one myself but to say they are for kids is funny. These are video games we are talking about right?

Its funny to see 20 year old kids acting all bad ass and that they're too old for legos but as someone who's older...Lego Universe looks really exciting.    It has alot of the features we want in other games but often don't get in favor of combat and treasure.  

Its all about building, exploring, discovering.  Sounds like a pretty damn awsome game to me I don't need blood guts and glory to enjoy a game (although games like that are really enjoyable too).

People spouting mature games as the better option have no clue what being mature is actually about.

Originally posted by grandpagamer

The Lego games usually  do pretty well in sales and reviews. I havnt played one myself but to say they are for kids is funny. These are video games we are talking about right?

Video games are for grownups now?

I play nintendo, I'm 43.

Hell, who ever said being a 20 year old kid is bad. Im in good shape, in good time, and having fun with life :).

But this game will be highly  regulated. This is not a sandbox were you come across a canyon, and need to find a way to get across. They will give you the option to either pick (pre-built) bridge, ladder, or rope. They will then have an animation of you building this and your done. Not this "hey ima build a big ole rocket and fly across because im soooo FREAKING OUT OF THE BOX OMGGGZZZ". They will tell you what to build, and you will build it....and like it.

Have any of you not played any of the other lego games? They fail hard.

Hell, who ever said being a 20 year old kid is bad. Im in good shape, in good time, and having fun with life :).
    But this game will be highly  regulated. This is not a sandbox were you come across a canyon, and need to find a way to get across. They will give you the option to either pick (pre-built) bridge, ladder, or rope. They will then have an animation of you building this and your done. Not this "hey ima build a big ole rocket and fly across because im soooo FREAKING OUT OF THE BOX OMGGGZZZ". They will tell you what to build, and you will build it....and like it.

I have and I enjoy them.  Like I really care if a game is heavily moderated I don't tend to do anything that needs to get moderated. If your afraid of getting busted maybe you should ask yourself what your doing thats inappropriate?

Originally posted by banthis

I have and I enjoy them.  Like I really care if a game is heavily moderated I don't tend to do anything that needs to get moderated. If your afraid of getting busted maybe you should ask yourself what your doing thats inappropriate?

Just to prove my point;

Went to sign up page for the beta looking for information on what the game has to offer past just being "LEGOOOSS"

Tried to register with the name "Josexph" , couldn't have the word "sex" in the name. Alright that was fine, so I went back with a few other names. "Chempo" couldn't have the word "hemp" in the name. "Chimpo" couldn't have the word "po" in the name.....what bad am I doing here you say?

Originally posted by Mellow44

I play nintendo, I'm 43.

I play playstation and read comics, I'm 53.  I guess being able to laugh at myself is a good thing.

I play nintendo, I'm 43.

I play playstation and read comics, I'm 53.  I guess being able to laugh at myself is a good thing.

I don't know how to respond to that.

• TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Lego's are about freedom and creativity.  That is why I love them and will try this game out.  Lego Universe is about freedom, exploring, building, creating.  Whats not to love about that?

Todays MMOs are about holding your hand from quest hub to quest hub with no creativity nor freedom.  Even if i have to play with a bunch of 5 years, I am willing to bet the community will be better then most of the MMOs on the market.

Sooner or Later

Lego's are about freedom and creativity.  That is why I love them and will try this game out.  Lego Universe is about freedom, exploring, building, creating.  Whats not to love about that?
    Todays MMOs are about holding your hand from quest hub to quest hub with no creativity nor freedom.  Even if i have to play with a bunch of 5 years, I am willing to bet the community will be better then most of the MMOs on the market.

You might want to look into this game before you make any decisions haha. This game will be highly regulated as stated (by devs). Hince the creativity and freedom you think you will have, is gone. This game will BY FAR hold you hand the whole way, hell it might even pick you up and carry you around if we are getting into analogies.

I play nintendo, I'm 43.

I don't know how to respond to that.

I think i wasnt clear with my posting how I  find it funny people call Lego games, "kid games". All of these games are kids games.