Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

happy 3rd birth day Vanguard

2»

Comments

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Happy B'day VG, still the most stunning worlds in an mmo to just wander around. I could walk around all day in VG just taking screenies of the landscape.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• jramsay61jramsay61 Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by mrw0lf

Happy B'day VG, still the most stunning worlds in an mmo to just wander around. I could walk around all day in VG just taking screenies of the landscape.

mrw0lf, did you play eqoa? your name is really familiar.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Hard to believe its been 3 years, would never have guessed it could last that long.

Some say its better, others say it still has many of the old issues, one thing's for sure, you can never go back. If only they hadn't blown the launch so badly and maybe more importantly, if only SOE had really put their heart and soul into promoting the game again in a rel-launch which never really happened.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• rywaltrywalt Member Posts: 44
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Hard to believe its been 3 years, would never have guessed it could last that long.
    Some say its better, others say it still has many of the old issues, one thing's for sure, you can never go back. If only they hadn't blown the launch so badly and maybe more importantly, if only SOE had really put their heart and soul into promoting the game again in a rel-launch which never really happened.

Oh it's much better; I remember trying to play at launch and the game wouldnt even run on my system it was so buggy. Now it's running great.

Why can't you go back? I did and I'm having a blast.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me."
    Paul Atreides

• Player_420Player_420 Member Posts: 686

seriously why ruin their 3rd birthday with non-obvious trolling..."one thing's for sure, you can never go back."

Why even post here if your just gunna give the game no hope?

I play all ghame

• RaiveeRaivee Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by Player_420

seriously why ruin their 3rd birthday with non-obvious trolling..."one thing's for sure, you can never go back."

Why even post here if your just gunna give the game no hope?

He's just stating the obvious. Some people just want healthy populated games. Can't fault them for that. Or some people want a game that their friends will play and not quit after 3 weeks. Truthfully, I don't think the game has any hope and hell I still have people asking if I'm coming back...not sure why -_-.

• KyngBillsKyngBills Member UncommonPosts: 452
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by shassell

Happy birthday Vanguard;
    Lol....I would be back in a shot if there was a future for this game. As so many have commented, it really was the best PVE game out there. Just dumped my sub to Aion, glossy boring rubbish. No sense of adventure or wonder, but runs like silk. Really stuck for somewhere to go next. EQ2 really showing its age now. I do miss Vanguard, but no investment doesn't get my subscription. Stuck for a decent adventure at min. Tried most of them.Ack...oh well.

Well that's the thing, people keep saying that they would be back if there was a future. Well, the game has lasted 3 years and is into their 4th. Maybe if people would stop obsessing on the future and be in the now, they would just play it and more people would see that they were playing and SOE would devote more resources to it.

no game is guaranteed. Even wow has people leaving because though the game most likely has a long future ahead of it, people want to try something different or take a break. So the span of time a player can play these games depends upon them.

So I see no reason to just jump in and play the game for the sake of playing it. Not becuase of some future or because you are guaranteed it will be around in 5 years but because it is here now.

And if players don't support games like this then there really is no reason for devs to make games like this.

Blunt as it may be this is a VERY true statement. I'm as guilty as the next guy sitting back and hoping Vanguard can increase in Pop so SOE can lend more resources, etc, etc...But what it really should come down to is if in fact you love the Game...Play it! Really, everyone I know that Played when I played liked the Game a lot...The issues were all about performance, stability, lag, etc...Now that a lot of that stuff has been worked out I wonder if the real reason Folks don't come back is not so much wating for others as much as it is the fact that they have moved on and found comfort in another Game...At least for now...

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by KyngBills

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by shassell

Happy birthday Vanguard;
    Lol....I would be back in a shot if there was a future for this game. As so many have commented, it really was the best PVE game out there. Just dumped my sub to Aion, glossy boring rubbish. No sense of adventure or wonder, but runs like silk. Really stuck for somewhere to go next. EQ2 really showing its age now. I do miss Vanguard, but no investment doesn't get my subscription. Stuck for a decent adventure at min. Tried most of them.Ack...oh well.

Well that's the thing, people keep saying that they would be back if there was a future. Well, the game has lasted 3 years and is into their 4th. Maybe if people would stop obsessing on the future and be in the now, they would just play it and more people would see that they were playing and SOE would devote more resources to it.

no game is guaranteed. Even wow has people leaving because though the game most likely has a long future ahead of it, people want to try something different or take a break. So the span of time a player can play these games depends upon them.

So I see no reason to just jump in and play the game for the sake of playing it. Not becuase of some future or because you are guaranteed it will be around in 5 years but because it is here now.

And if players don't support games like this then there really is no reason for devs to make games like this.

Blunt as it may be this is a VERY true statement. I'm as guilty as the next guy sitting back and hoping Vanguard can increase in Pop so SOE can lend more resources, etc, etc...But what it really should come down to is if in fact you love the Game...Play it! Really, everyone I know that Played when I played liked the Game a lot...The issues were all about performance, stability, lag, etc...Now that a lot of that stuff has been worked out I wonder if the real reason Folks don't come back is not so much wating for others as much as it is the fact that they have moved on and found comfort in another Game...At least for now...

That could be very true.

In the end, if a person doesn't want to play something they just won't play it. That always has to be fair.

but I've made the decision to keep a vanguard account because I want to vote with my wallet.

Having experienced more open worlds with Lineage 2 and Vanguard I am a bit despondent that we will never have another open world game again.

I'm not against instances. However, the feeling of looking out over a huge swath of land to a distant tower that one can actually go to doesn't seem to be in the cards for many games.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622

Going to keep it simple...Happy Bday Vanguard!

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774

Happy birthday VG.

You have been so under funded that you are still like a 1 year old.  Shame on your step parents, SOE, for keeping you locked up and stifling your development.

When you have so much to offer the masses. And now your time is passing and i doubt you will ever reach your ulitmate potential, potential that would have finished off your older step brother EQ2, that would have stood no chance against your new design, graphics, open un-instance world, unquie and interesting classes,  potential that could have seen you smite the mighty WoW with one blow.

Shame on your step parents for allowing you to survive on just enough funds that you don't die but not enough to live, how unfortunate that when you were waiting for a step parent, SOE darken the door to take you home, and a shiver ran down your spine as you recall what SOE did to SWG and you knew then that you fate was sealed.

Even now as you are finally getting stronger you funding is cut further, oh what a curse SOE is to the MMO genre.

Your eulogy will surely read that you were the best fantasy MMO that never was................