Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everquest 3 ?

MavisPMavisP Member Posts: 181

I havnt found anything current on whether this game is in development or not. Does anyone know anything or know when we can maybe expect some word on this?

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

yes it is (its in the evercracked video if you can see it online!)

• pdk25pdk25 Member Posts: 115

I haven`t heared anything about Everquest 3 being in development. I hope it is though. I would probably get the game in a heartbeat if a Everquest 3 was being made. I would just hope the game had more of a EQ1 feel, but with some of the advancements of EQ2 and WoW. And give me the Beastlord again :-)

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

Well, let's hope not.

Everquest has such a great lore and world that would be a pity to see Sony blow it all once again. They are like Midas you know? But instead of gold they turn everything they touch into crap

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

It is called Everquest Next and probably one of  the primary reasons SOE never funded or developed Vanguard as they likely plan to steal as much from Vanguard as possible for EQnext.  Certainly copying VG's crafting, diplomacy, classes and combat mechanics would be a huge upgrade over EQ2.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Zippy

It is called Everquest Next and probably one of  the primary reasons SOE never funded or developed Vanguard as they likely plan to steal as much from Vanguard as possible for EQnext.  Certainly copying VG's crafting, diplomacy, classes and combat mechanics would be a huge upgrade over EQ2.

You are correct,where do you think they got the Tinkering idea from?

There is no way VG should have failed ,it is a great game,it is the EQ 2 1/2.

I just hope SOE makes a much better engine,as great as EQ2 is ,there is a ton of improvements to be made.I also wish they would stick to design and not bend at the first wave of complaints,otherwise we will just have another WOW .

EQ2 has really been dumbed down badly to meet the WOW fanbase standards,sad really ,i prefer a challenge in a game.

I would also like to see something more creative in combat than the same old we have seen too often,something closer to FFXI combat structure.Sub classes only needing one player,better aggro features like sound/scent/and sight similar to FFXI,instead of everything being a proximity aggro.

I also hope they do not repeat the over lapping classes,every single class in the game is copied with a different name.

Also hire ME lol,we need someone to take CRAFTING and questing to a new realm,everyone is tired of the same old.

Unlike Blizzard SOE houses a ton of talent,i would love to see them involve the Naughty dog studio guys,SOE has too much talent working in the console division.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MavisPMavisP Member Posts: 181
    Originally posted by drbaltazar

Thank you, I just watched the episodes. Unlike some im looking forward to the game.

poster 6 !on that one you are right they made the game back then thinking processor would get so speedy nobody would need big graphic card so they changed their aim toward that they should have sticked to the way everquest idea were!but who would have thot speed would max out and companys focused on more processor instead!

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Would be, but most likely will not be.

I am willing to bet that EQ3 (if it ever happens) would be more like free realms than it would be anything like vanguard.  That just seems to be the direction soe is heading with their games.  Quick 15 minute bites of gaming that a player can walk away from and not be tied down.

Originally posted by Wizardry 
    EQ2 has really been dumbed down badly to meet the WOW fanbase standards,sad really ,i prefer a challenge in a game.

As if EQ2 was so difficult to begin with.

Fixing or removing bad and tedious mechanics isn't dumbing down a game. 

The ironic thing is that soe needed to raise its standards to try to appeal to another player base.  Quality is the biggest reason this game never flourished or lived up to its potential.

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221
    Originally posted by MavisP

Originally posted by drbaltazar

Thank you, I just watched the episodes. Unlike some im looking forward to the game.

Quite a few are looking forward to this game but on these boards SOE hating is a hobby in itself. 

• BuzWeaverBuzWeaver Member UncommonPosts: 978

The Old Timers Guild
    Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett

Originally posted by BuzWeaver

Everquest Next

Not a lot of faith in soe from their customers in that thread. 

• SovranoSovrano Member Posts: 47

Vanguard is a great game. Could be the best game SOE has. I like PotBS too. I don't know why SOE gets so much hate. Their lineup is better than that NCsoft garbage. It's probably impossible, but if there is an EQ3 i wish they could shut down the first two and move everyone over. With some benefits. Maybe based of the new achievement points. Though I bet an EQ3 will be for consoles. Like an EQOA2 maybe?

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

I hope SoE sells the IP, there is no way the current SoE can create something thast makes justice to it.

Originally posted by Sovrano

Vanguard is a great game. Could be the best game SOE has. I like PotBS too. I don't know why SOE gets so much hate. Their lineup is better than that NCsoft garbage. It's probably impossible, but if there is an EQ3 i wish they could shut down the first two and move everyone over. With some benefits. Maybe based of the new achievement points. Though I bet an EQ3 will be for consoles. Like an EQOA2 maybe?

Im thinking EQ3 will be on console but also think it may well be available for PC as well. Its my understanding that Final Fantasy 14 and DC Universe Online are going to be on both platforms and I think we will be seeing more and more of this.  Like you I think SOE, along with Turbine, have the best MMO's available at this time. LOTRO and EQ2 are the only games I can find that are worth the subscription price and the Sony devs making games for the PS3 are some of the best in the business.

If you remove the original everquest, the whole lineup of soe has done rather poorly overall.

NCSoft has done very well for itself with the exception of 2 games.  Consider that the bulk of their games are aimed at the asian market and they still do ok in the western market.  Something soe has failed to do with several games and closed down operations in the east.

I would not be surprised if soe makes a total shift to PS3 titles and was lucky to put out pc versions of anything.  I somehow doubt SCE really cares what soe does in the pc market and doesn't force a change to make ps3 titles.

Either way, with current soe trends, EQ3 will be much closer to what free realms is than it will either current EQ game. 

• SovranoSovrano Member Posts: 47

I know SOE isn't as successful. I know their games aren't as popular as many others. But I like them. I like them enough to pay for them. Crazy people need games too ya know.

Oh, what current trends? I don't like the Free Realms model. But I don't think because it exists it's a current trend. If you want to make a case for current trends look at the next two games. The Agency and DC Universe. Both Subscription models. So there is your current trend.

I know SOE isn't as successful. I know their games aren't as popular as many others. But I like them. I like them enough to pay for them. Crazy people need games too ya know.

Oh, what current trends? I don't like the Free Realms model. But I don't think because it exists it's a current trend. If you want to make a case for current trends look at the next two games. The Agency and DC Universe. Both Subscription models. So there is your current trend.

Some people hate SOE for one reason or another and have nothing good to say about anything they do.One thing that galls them for some reason is the fact that SOE games make money,  if not, they would be shutdown.  I think the fact that some people, myself included, likes SOE games,bothers them as much as SOE itself and will try to "explain" how we are stupid to like SOE games. I say that is good, it gives them a reason to get out of bed in the morning. Ive never preordered a PC game of any kind but as soon as EQ3 is available I will do so. Unlike some, I feel in no way let down by Sony and look forward to the game. If its PS3 only thats ok as I have one of them also. Hang in there, lots of folks enjoy SOE games, more than the vocal minority would like you to believe.

The current trend being short prepackaged 15 minute bites of gameplay wrapped around a subscription + microtransaction model.  Essentially a game designed around a revenue model based on "market analysis" instead of a game built to fun first.

Free realms has always had a subscription base to the game and now it is a subscription only game beyond level 4.  The agency is built on this same model of quick 15 minute missions, with micro transactions, adverts and sub model (as stated by smedley a while ago).  From what I have seen of DCU it looks similar.  EQ3 will most likely be more of the same. 

You are not crazy for enjoying a game, but at the same time it is easy to see why soe gets reactions they do.  You brought up vanguard which is a pretty good example.  Just for a small example: pulling the leader of the project away for months without word, putting the game effectively on hold and the first thing he does on return is what?  Breaks most of the future development content promises (which should have been going live when they announced they were canceled) and effectively says the game is dead.  You simply cannot find that level of disrespect to customers anywhere else. 

Though I agree with you that vanguard could be one of the best games on the market, but soe will not support it.  Just another sign of the direction they are heading as a developer.

Despite what some here say, this view of soe isn't isolated to these forums.  Read the link a few posts above and see the same exact sentiments echoed on the official forums of soe by current soe customers.  Even if EQ3 is real, there really isn't much to get excited about at this point. 

• fozzie22fozzie22 Member Posts: 1,003
    Originally posted by Daffid011

The current trend being short prepackaged 15 minute bites of gameplay wrapped around a subscription + microtransaction model.  Essentially a game designed around a revenue model based on "market analysis" instead of a game built to fun first.

Free realms has always had a subscription base to the game and now it is a subscription only game beyond level 4.  The agency is built on this same model of quick 15 minute missions, with micro transactions, adverts and sub model (as stated by smedley a while ago).  From what I have seen of DCU it looks similar.  EQ3 will most likely be more of the same. 

You are not crazy for enjoying a game, but at the same time it is easy to see why soe gets reactions they do.  You brought up vanguard which is a pretty good example.  Just for a small example: pulling the leader of the project away for months without word, putting the game effectively on hold and the first thing he does on return is what?  Breaks most of the future development content promises (which should have been going live when they announced they were canceled) and effectively says the game is dead.  You simply cannot find that level of disrespect to customers anywhere else. 

Though I agree with you that vanguard could be one of the best games on the market, but soe will not support it.  Just another sign of the direction they are heading as a developer.

Despite what some here say, this view of soe isn't isolated to these forums.  Read the link a few posts above and see the same exact sentiments echoed on the official forums of soe by current soe customers.  Even if EQ3 is real, there really isn't much to get excited about at this point. 

Good post that sums things up nicely.

I wonder what percentage of people actually playing MMO's hang out on the official forums? I would imagine its a small percentage. People who feel the need to bitch seem to flock to such places, kinda like those who hate everything SOE cant seem to stay away from the threads pertaining to SOE. 

Originally posted by grandpagamer

I wonder what percentage of people actually playing MMO's hang out on the official forums? I would imagine its a small percentage. People who feel the need to bitch seem to flock to such places, kinda like those who hate everything SOE cant seem to stay away from the threads pertaining to SOE. 

i received the video from soe trough e-mail ,about sentinel of fate.

men graphic are insane on the wmp,its a shame we cant get that in game raid(too laggy)

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Sony would never steal or use work not created by there top notch devs they are an honnorable gamming company who listen and strive to improve there gammers experience every day.

What, What no slight of hands going on here !

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

There are a lot of us who would love to see a game like original Everquest, only with better graphics, a better UI, and a few other modernizations.

Sadly though, I don't think we are going to get it. Whatever EQ Next turns out to be, it will end up Smedlified to include cash for gold, item malls, microtransactions, and numerous other cynical money grabs at the expense of gameplay, until it no longer  resembles anything we associate with original Everquest.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

if smed and his two croony who are the father of everquest cant revisit it and make the follow up of everquest1

then this means now today they are too high ranking in soer stable and need to be demoted to where they were when they wipped out eq1.i can just picture this smad and his 2 croony being demoted by soe

why Éguys we need you where you were in 1997 till the new everquest is done ,then you can go back to sleep in your office the way you are doing now!there a bonus if you accept the demotionÉgrin!