Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World OF Warcraft (ACCOUNT HACKED AGAIN)

RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Okay My account got hacked a second time in a row, My exact same account twice, and I had a password with case senstive letters and measureing hard on the scale. I am quite sure that my Comptuer has no Such Keyloggers as blizzard claims and I have scanned my files, but my wow account Totally stripped a second time right after blizzard restores my account. This is just insane, where is their security anymore???

Comments

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

http://eu.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=221003132

http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100000822

Battle.net Authenticator

attach

Profit (or atleast less hacked accounts)

This have been a good conversation

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

You mean your security....

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

What anti-virus and anti-spyware software you have?

RIP Orc Choppa

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

AVG Itnernet Security, I have also checked the computer with Hijack this, NOR have I experienced this issue with any other games I play, including many popular free to play games, or anything, Just my world of warcraft game that is all. I am also Deleteing the game after the second time of this happening and redownloading even though it showed it was clean, and seeing what happens and what blizzard will do about it. I Orderd an authinticator from amazon, but am waiting for it to get delivered. As for my account it was just restored like 3 maybe 4 days ago, then someone does this to me again, and I have an email saying my accoutn was suspended for 3 hours, and  Password reset by them. I think tihs is total bullshit, as I Had no active subscription to wow at the time my account was hacked when it first begain either. I have also used adaware Spyware checker, and this pc was installed with windows/format not too long ago.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by Renoaku

Okay My account got hacked a second time in a row, My exact same account twice, and I had a password with case senstive letters and measureing hard on the scale. I am quite sure that my Comptuer has no Such Keyloggers as blizzard claims and I have scanned my files, but my wow account Totally stripped a second time right after blizzard restores my account. This is just insane, where is their security anymore???

After your first experience you didn't lock your account down with an authenticator??

www.wowwiki.com/Blizzard_Authenticator

There is an old saying to keep in mind... "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me"...

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."

Yeah I ordered one, but read the post above I haven't even had time for it to get to me yet Real Life, and It gets hacked again instantly before I can even get it applied.

Originally posted by Renoaku

Yeah I ordered one, but read the post above I haven't even had time for it to get to me yet Real Life, and It gets hacked again instantly before I can even get it applied.

Thats pretty damn bad. I assume you've used multiple anti malware/virus suites to check for key loggers or some such? I seriously doubt its an inside job, or that someone has hacked Blizzards log in data base. While possible, the consequences for Blizzard in the current age would be extreme, so I'm hoping their CSO has taken precautions.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

well it could be your mail account or something some lowkey keylogger that the virus software missed.  If blizzard got hacked more people would be affected.

This have been a good conversation

• ChromeBallzChromeBallz Member UncommonPosts: 342

Of course, no one asks whether he simply gave his account info away in a phishing attempt? Or worse, powerlevelling?

There are LOADS of "wowaccountadmin" mails going around at the moment, all pointing to very suspicious sites which simply copy the official site but have a different URL.

For example, an original one i saw not too long ago was "www.wcrldofwarcraft.com".

People really need to pay attention to all these phishing mails going around. They seem to work.

Playing: WF
    Played: WoW, GW2, L2, WAR, AoC, DnL (2005), GW, LotRO, EQ2, TOR, CoH (RIP), STO, TSW, TERA, EVE, ESO, BDO
    Tried: EQ, UO, AO, EnB, TCoS, Fury, Ryzom, EU, DDO, TR, RF, CO, Aion, VG, DN, Vindictus, AA

• DAHBOODAHBOO Member UncommonPosts: 137

I had the same thing happend to me, they hacked me a 2nd time but this time i said F$%k it im done with blizzard.The game was perfect for 4 years with my old loggin and now the new battle-net is supose to be better, yeah right. My brother and i got hacked the same day, you cant even call blizzard anymore cause there so overloaded on the phones they tell you to hang up and just send a e-mail.  And  you idiots who say this is our own fault are wrong. Like i said i had no problems for 4 years and battle-net has a huge problems.

• ShadowdawnzShadowdawnz Member UncommonPosts: 201

I received bogus messages from emails posing as Blizzard and NCSoft. Some of them said that my account has been compromised and I needed to click their link and sign in etc... The link look authentic, but the email had a few grammar errors so i figured that it was fake. Especially, since I dont play any games from either Blizzard or NCSoft anymore.. Particularly, Blizzard. But I logged in both my accounts through the real company websites and there was no problem with my accounts. So, it's possible that someone didn't necessarily hack your account.. you might have given it away without knowing it...

Just my 2 copper...

( Sorry for mistakes.. I havent slept yet and its 6:30 in da morning...)

• Kwonjah12Kwonjah12 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    edited February 2017

Post edited by Kwonjah12 on
  • alvastenalvasten Member UncommonPosts: 20

Well, it seems a few people that have ordered the authinticator have been hacked before they arrived.  My roommates play WoW and one of them was hacked after he ordered it, and they know someone who was after he ordered one.

• darkbladeddarkbladed Member Posts: 193

Heres what you do;

Reformat your computer

Reinstall your OS

Reinstall your game

Don't keep anything; basically anything can have a virus/key logger

and from now on;

Be careful

no pron

no music downloads

no clicking email attachments/forwards

A lot of the keyloggers etc wont be picked up by your anti-virus

• DreamagramDreamagram Member Posts: 798
    Originally posted by tawess

If blizzard got hacked more people would be affected.

What this guy said. Don't blame others for not keeping your account safe.

That said, sorry to hear so many get their accounts compromised. Those account thieves are really aggressive. :-(

• eveque67eveque67 Member UncommonPosts: 64

I dont think the OP did anything wrong, either by action or inaction.  I played the trial about 3 months ago for about 2 hours combined time.  It wasnt my game so I never logged back in.  For the last couple months I constantly receive notifications of my PW changing along with various WOW notifications.  I tried going back into my account settings check if it was just phishing or if it was really changed and low and behold... MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED.. lol  I cant even get into the account settings anymore, not that I care but it demonstrates that you can have absolutely NO contact with the game and it still disappear.

Just curious but is there a public site I can check the characters name and server to see if he has leveled?  I may want to go try and steal him back for nothing more that greifing the hackers.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by DAHBOO

I had the same thing happend to me, they hacked me a 2nd time but this time i said F$%k it im done with blizzard.The game was perfect for 4 years with my old loggin and now the new battle-net is supose to be better, yeah right. My brother and i got hacked the same day, you cant even call blizzard anymore cause there so overloaded on the phones they tell you to hang up and just send a e-mail.  And  you idiots who say this is our own fault are wrong. Like i said i had no problems for 4 years and battle-net has a huge problems.

Root Kits are not seen by any anti-removal software of any kind, hence the name "Root Kit".  Your only choice is to format your machine.  Go flaten that sucker as Blizzard suggested the first time around. 

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by tawess

well it could be your mail account or something some lowkey keylogger that the virus software missed.  If blizzard got hacked more people would be affected.

Ehmm... why do you think all their phone lines are overloaded lately?  Just for fun??!

Something is going on! That is for sure.

People shouldn't be so hasty on condemning people. As a truckload of people seem to have had their accounts hacked with this Battlenet crap.

And why can't it be an inside job?  Have you seen how much money is involved with RMT in WoW alone already??

Banks all over the world get scammed from inside out on almost daily basis.  You think Blizzard is special and is immune to something like that?

Just saying.

• DreamagramDreamagram Member Posts: 798
    Originally posted by eveque67

Just curious but is there a public site I can check the characters name and server to see if he has leveled?  I may want to go try and steal him back for nothing more that greifing the hackers.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/
    Originally posted by Kwonjah12

Just give up on WoW i can't belive people actually played that game. I played for 25 minutes and i automatically quit to play a REAL game with actual gameplay!

Which would be? I'm certain Blizzard cries themselves to sleep each and every night over how few people find their game entertaining.... ^^

Originally posted by sinjin

Originally posted by DAHBOO

Root Kits are not seen by any anti-removal software of any kind, hence the name "Root Kit".  Your only choice is to format your machine.  Go flaten that sucker as Blizzard suggested the first time around. 

There are specific root kit search suites that are fairly effective if you use the most recent one. Just be careful of the source.

• ForgeknightForgeknight Member Posts: 35

I had played WoW since it hit the shelves, never had trouble. Three months after the battlenet switch my account got hacked. I think there is something going on there, to many people are having the same issues. And a complete system dump isnt always the best answer for most people who actually use computers for other things. My system is secure, and I hadnt logged in to my account in 3 weeks, I dont think this is a user end issue. Blizzard needs to look into what is going on.

What some people have described here is the same things that have been happening to me. My accounts for all my other games, have not been effected in any other way, I have been monitoring my firewalls traffic with all outbound attempts checked over the logs from the last months, last time I even played wow Last year, Shows no kind of suspecious activerties. The only thing this could have possibly been if even this was addons used from Curse.com, which detected no keyloggers, and were not used after the account password was changed the first time. The entire pc looks stable on my end, and I am running another full scan on everything to make sure then redownloading wow, I have also filed a complaint for internet crime, for the people using other peopels creditcards on my account to renew subscriptions on multiple accounts. This makes it a federal crime.

The only addons I have currently used in the past, Auctioneer, Xperl, Bigwings, Little Wings, raid battle mods from curse, I have used them since early 2005 when I first started wow, Never had my account hacked till recently, So if there was a keylogger they sure waited a really long time. Besides I have erased and reinstalled wow, I have also  deleted my interface, and reset all my addons the first time it was hacked, and it was still accessed again the second time with a new password.

Second I have recieved many philishing attemplts, and I have AAA@AAA in my addressbook so if there was a bot out it would most likely send it to a invalid email address, And I dont even use regular windows mail often, I only use Yahoo Mail, if even that, which has never been hacked, or shared by anyone, nor has any other game accounts ever been hacked, or compromised of mine in the last 5 years Plus. I was reading this forum about two months ago, and the same thing happend to other people, where their accounts got hacked and logged off in the sky and left to die, this is what happend to me pretty much  the first time. The 2nd time they used my account to spam gold chat, and took Lots of items again, and Gold missing ect.

I have also never given my info in philishing emails either as I have recieved them and know blizzard never asks for info.

And Yes other people are right, All this could be an inside job, as all my friends say. Hacking anything is possible, just takes the skills and knowledge to do so. Inside Job Yeah, But since this is now a federal Crime, and I have filed a complaint, I am sure that they will find out what is happening espically since accessed with other peoples creditcards.

• zeuseasonzeuseason Member UncommonPosts: 69

I've been hacked twice in 4 years of play and both times were after my account was inactive for 6 months.  I'm guessing the hack occurred on Blizz's side of things both times.  I've since locked my account down so it can only be opened by me with proper (formal) identification.  I'll probably never play again, but just in case I do decide to, I'm keeping it.

My best suggestion: use macros or the clipboard for your passwords or get the authenticator.

Yeah thats what I just did I created a clipboard password until i get an authinticator for it, which I should get in the next two days. Problem is I still need to get my accounts back fully as they were the first time before the hack occured, at least there isn't as many missing items as there wast the first time. AFter i get my account back I will probabil ask blizzard to deactivate the account permently until I am ready to play again or something. I am tired of this bullcrap, and have never had to deal with this before from any other company.