Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enough with the HATE threads for STO and Cryptic.

12346»

Comments

• saxifrsaxifr Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Thomas2006

I do so hoping that someday in the future another developer or Cryptic might take my opinions on it and turn it into a real StarTrek game instead of a multi-player action / arcade game that STO is.

Thank you for phrasing it this way, this helps crystallize some of my discontent with the game. Wasn't sure how to explain part of why I'm so dissatisfied before.

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

Originally posted by MMO_Doubter
    Originally posted by someforumguy I dont hate Cryptic or the people who like STO. I just think that the ST ip is in the wrong hands and that makes it a missed chance to turn this ip into a MMO that reflects the TV series. Now that there is a ST mmo, no company will try to create a new ST mmo for the coming years. So basically, in my eyes the ip is wasted.
    But hey, maybe in a year they will use the same formula to create a Babylon 5 MMO. Just change text, voice overs and textures of ships and npcs and then you will get a Cryptic-style Babylon 5 MMO. Year after that they do the same and create a Battlestar Galactica MMO. I mean, it is really that interchangable. Or what about a Pirates of the Caribbean rip off, with a cheesy name like Pirates of Jamaica. (spacecombat =naval combat)

I am very sorry to say that my information is that they have turned their attentions to the Neverwinter Nights IP.

Don't worry bro, it's pretty likely that Atari (owners of Cryptic) will be stripped of the DnD/Forgotten Realms licence. LINK

Bring Popcorn.

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264
    Originally posted by Vagrant_Zero

Originally posted by MMO_Doubter

Originally posted by someforumguy

I dont hate Cryptic or the people who like STO. I just think that the ST ip is in the wrong hands and that makes it a missed chance to turn this ip into a MMO that reflects the TV series. Now that there is a ST mmo, no company will try to create a new ST mmo for the coming years. So basically, in my eyes the ip is wasted.

But hey, maybe in a year they will use the same formula to create a Babylon 5 MMO. Just change text, voice overs and textures of ships and npcs and then you will get a Cryptic-style Babylon 5 MMO. Year after that they do the same and create a Battlestar Galactica MMO. I mean, it is really that interchangable. Or what about a Pirates of the Caribbean rip off, with a cheesy name like Pirates of Jamaica. (spacecombat =naval combat)

I am very sorry to say that my information is that they have turned their attentions to the Neverwinter Nights IP.

Don't worry bro, it's pretty likely that Atari (owners of Cryptic) will be stripped of the DnD/Forgotten Realms licence. LINK

Bring Popcorn.

I never thought I would cheer Hasbro/WotC, but in this case I am happy to do so!

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan