Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help Desk needs a different description

Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

Im seeing threads moved to the help desk that directly relate to MMO's, hardware specific, software specific questions etc.  These threads go unanswered because if you look at the help desk description it misleads you into thinking the forum is used for questions directed to the site administration about this site.

This is the  description and a good reason why forum users do not assist other forum users with questions on games, or how games run under a certain OS, or how much ram a certain game or MMO's in general require etc.:

"Need help or find a bug on our website, forums, or IRC chat? Post here! "  This is specific to MMORPG.com's website/forums and IRC chat.  Just read the sticky on the Help Desk forum and it pretty much confirms this.

Ive been here a long time, and its just been in the past few months that I've been seeing threads moved into the help desk which has become more of a black hole for unanswered questions.  If the Help Desk is an all encompassing Q&A forum then its description needs to be changed to reflect this.  However, you'll then end up opening a can of worms confusing the already confused forum posters as to where they should post their questions.

how about we go back to using the help desk forum for what it was designed to be used for which is  "Questions or bugs about this site, forums or IRC chat"  and quit moving legitimate questions from the pub, off topic , game and hardware forums to this black hole?

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

They aren't being moved there. They are being posted there by those members.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902
    Originally posted by grunty

They aren't being moved there. They are being posted there by those members.

Im sure there are quite a few being posted there by users, however I know for a fact several of those posts have been moved because I posted in them.  One was a post of my own some time ago and I thought it was just a fluke, until it happened to another user a couple days ago discussing web browsers (not specific to this site).  Im pretty convinced most of the threads that exist in that forum are being moved and not actually posted by users originally.

both threads had a healthy discussion going, once they hit the Help Desk, the discussion ended.  So ... yes.. posts are being moved there and killing ongoing discussions.

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."