Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MAG for the PS3

MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

I have not played; how is this game?

I do not have a lot of time to play games right now and have heard that this is a serious time sink.

Is it worth playing if you have a limited play time?

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Comments

• Params7Params7 Member UncommonPosts: 212

I'm playing it...make no mistake its really nothing like an MMO, more like any FPS but with really, really large scale warfare, and it really does that well.

Thing is right now to get anything done the game takes plenty of teamwork, so if you want to win often, I highly suggest you find a clan that likes to play together a lot.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

It's not bad, its not amazing. It was a solid "meh" for me, i prefer mw2. Dying and then having to run for like 5 mins to get back to the action wasn't fun and the overall combat system wasn't anything epic it was just straightforward.

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

How is the population.  Are there que times for battles.  I am not sure how the match making works.

I am a bit hesitant about getting the game because with halo3, odst, mw2, and bad company 2 comming out I wonder if there will be enough people playing this game.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

I see thousands playing each mode when I'm on.

Personally, I put MAG waaaayyyy over MW2. 

I always did hate the first one and now with MW2, there's the whole level system which gives higher levels clear advantages over lower levels, while all along not pairing similar-level people together and instead making it a huge mishmash because the official matchmaking sucks.

MAG does have levels, and it does give advantages over lower levels, but certain modes require certain levels and I'm doing just fine with the starter weapons, honestly...

The game takes real skill. It takes tactics and teamwork and if you just look at it on the surface, you won't find any fun here. It definitely makes up for those idiots behind SOCOM: Confrontation.

11 and 5 is my best so far. You guys?

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

30 minute fight fight minimum each time you go in!the guy i spoke to 0 lag at best ,he didnt see lag yet in the game

and he love playing this !i wish i had a ps3 ,seeing the average game we had in the las 12 month(computer mmo)

Originally posted by Params7

I'm playing it...make no mistake its really nothing like an MMO, more like any FPS but with really, really large scale warfare, and it really does that well.

It's more of an MMO than WolfTeam, Parabellum, Combat Arms, etc and those are sold as MMOFPSs...

• EunuchmakerEunuchmaker Member UncommonPosts: 204
    Originally posted by Gabby-air

It's not bad, its not amazing. It was a solid "meh" for me, i prefer mw2. Dying and then having to run for like 5 mins to get back to the action wasn't fun and the overall combat system wasn't anything epic it was just straightforward.

If your team's medics rezz you, you start right on the spot.  If your team's medics just ignore your lifeless corpse or no one bothered to go medic -- well, that's the team's fault, no?

It's been said countless times on the MAG forums, this is a team game.  Also notice a lot of sniping on the MAG forums from / at MW2 and Battlefield players--must be the lonewolf Vs teamplay mentality.  One player isn't gonna pull a Rambo againt a 128 player team  =) 

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    Originally posted by Eunuchmaker
    It's been said countless times on the MAG forums, this is a team game.  Also notice a lot of sniping on the MAG forums from / at MW2 and Battlefield players--must be the lonewolf Vs teamplay mentality.  One player isn't gonna pull a Rambo againt a 128 player team  =) 

I am very tired of the run and gun rambo crap that many on-line FPS cater too.

Team based combat is much more intriguing to me.  This is why I think this game my be perfect for me; however, I do worry that the game will be a time sink that I do not have.  

I think I might just wait a bit longer and see how things go.

--John Ruskin

Originally posted by Gabby-air

If your team's medics rezz you, you start right on the spot.  If your team's medics just ignore your lifeless corpse or no one bothered to go medic -- well, that's the team's fault, no?

It's made by the SOCOM guys, of course it's a team game! And I love it! Heh.

It's just right for me, and as a guy who usually goes sniper, the maps are a wonderland for me. xD

Also, BF:BC2 is a largely solo game? Shame...I was expecting big things coming from it, as the first game largely encouraged traveling in groups to survive...

EDIT: Correct me if I'm wrong about the SOCOM thing. That's just what I heard. Never bothered to look it up.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Originally posted by MMOman101

I am very tired of the run and gun rambo crap that many on-line FPS cater too.

Team based combat is much more intriguing to me.  This is why I think this game my be perfect for me; however, I do worry that the game will be a time sink that I do not have.  

I think I might just wait a bit longer and see how things go.

espacially with halo reach keeping very secret their multiplayer mode .