Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I would like to say something!!!!

Ryan571Ryan571 Member Posts: 2

EA  need to lower the cost just a bit....maybe 5 bucks...I bet they would see an improvement in sales. More people would join..and i would be one them!!!!!! image

Comments

• Swashbuck1erSwashbuck1er Member Posts: 4

um.... no

First off it is a biased poll. saying "i love paying 9.99 a month" is a little negative and makes your opponents look as if they posse le

this makes no sense to the makers of the game what so ever. Even if they did this the cost does not hold most people back. in fact most mmo's charge anywhere from 10-18 dollars a month. you should be happy that its only 10.

the people who post here and vote on the poll may agree with you but that is just because everyone wants everything faster, bigger, and cheaper.

"MMO's are a bicycle with a carrot hanging in front of your nose. Instead of a bike they have a tread mill and replacing the carrot is an even bigger treadmill"

• EmmaDiloEmmaDilo Member Posts: 21

I'm with Swashbuckler - sure, no one wants to pay $10 - it's obvious. If we had the choice, we'd want everything for free.

But think about it, you're getting a service - you can't demand more content and then beg them to lower the price. They have employees to pay - I think $10 is very reasonable, actually.

• KamioKappaKamioKappa Member Posts: 9
    I think $10 is plenty fair. People spend more than that on text messaging each month, I know I do.

KamioKappa - IH, CC and JP

• zimquatszimquats Member Posts: 301

Well based on the fact that, 'the sims online,' is the lowist rated published game on MMORPG.COM the next step for the producers is not really to lower the price its to close the game. 

10 dollars is not too much to pay for a mog, however is it too much to pay for someone elses crap.

If only i could sell my crap for 10 dollars a month!  Let see, im 26 years old.  Now who wants to pay me 3,120 dollars for my lifetime of crap?  I thought so.

In fact I have to pay someone to take my crap, and in the case of, 'the sims online,' they should be paying me to play it. 

Taadaa!

• Swashbuck1erSwashbuck1er Member Posts: 4

look the main reason most people hate TOS is because it is an untraditional MMO. but even so it does not mean that it does not have its fans. games like this attract new blood to the mmo market which in the long run is a good thing.

also no one is forcing you to play the sims online. if it was so incredibly bad as that you would need to be payed to play it you are obviously not the target audience.

bottem line: Let people have fun how they want dont go baging on a game because you dont get any "uber lewt" or "pwn some n3wbs"

"MMO's are a bicycle with a carrot hanging in front of your nose. Instead of a bike they have a tread mill and replacing the carrot is an even bigger treadmill"

• KamioKappaKamioKappa Member Posts: 9
    Ah, thankyou Swashbuck1er.

• EmmaDiloEmmaDilo Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by Swashbuck1er

look the main reason most people hate TOS is because it is an untraditional MMO. but even so it does not mean that it does not have its fans. games like this attract new blood to the mmo market which in the long run is a good thing.

OMG! That's kind of what I've been trying to say all along.

It's untraditional, it's revolutionary, but THAT DOES NOT MAKE IT BAD.

It draws new people to the online gaming world. It draws in women and a younger audience. I meet all of the criteria!

1. This is my first mmorpg

2. I am a woman

3. I am younger (under 21)

I will continue to play MMORPG's - TSO just opened my eyes!

Now tell me, how is this a bad thing?

• crayauchtincrayauchtin Member Posts: 23

Well, Emma, if you *really* want to know why that's bad...image Just kidding, you know I lova ya (on a good dayimage)

Seriously though--I fit in the "younger" group that was introduced to MMORPGs because of TSO.  I'm under 18.  When I have a better income (and/or have finished college), I will probably join other games.  This is good for the industry (though not necessarily good for the people playing the other gamesimage).

• AvenatorAvenator Member Posts: 4
    Yes, same here. I am also younger. I had no knowlege of any MMO's before TSO. (scary huh?) I liked the single player game and i bought TSO the day it came out, and i still love it! Because of TSO, i now know of the wonders of MMO's and am currently subscribed to Planetside and TSO, while constantly getting free trials of others! So basically, if it wasnt for TSO, id be still playing boring single player games. TSO Rocks! image

You know, I feel bad for that Trix rabbit. All he wants is some freakin' cerial. And whats with those disguises he wares?! I mean, if you see a 6 foot tall rabbit wearing a baseball cap, you arent gonna think, "Hey, that kid looks cool! Let me go share my Trix with him." NO! Your gonna say "Hey look it's that ******* RABBIT!" And whats with that commercial where they give the Trix to the Rock Stars, and they still say "SILLY RABBIT, TRIX ARE FOR KIDS!" WTF! They arent kids!CantFitRest!

• sixcornerssixcorners Member Posts: 2
    Same for me. I'm 14. I was 13 when I started TSO. I may not have liked it but when exploring EA I found Earth & Beyond. That was fun and I would still be playing it if it wasn't dieing.

• KatheryneKatheryne Member Posts: 130

Old post, I know.  But this really needed to be commented on:

Originally posted by zimquats

10 dollars is not too much to pay for a mog, however is it too much to pay for someone elses crap.

If you think the game is crap, then don't play it, and don't pay for it!

Is it really that difficult?

• MaxoidMaxoid Member Posts: 20

All hail TSO!

• KitKittyKitKitty Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by zimquats

Well based on the fact that, 'the sims online,' is the lowist rated published game on MMORPG.COM the next step for the producers is not really to lower the price its to close the game. 
    If only i could sell my crap for 10 dollars a month!  Let see, im 26 years old.  Now who wants to pay me 3,120 dollars for my lifetime of crap?  I thought so.
    In fact I have to pay someone to take my crap, and in the case of, 'the sims online,' they should be paying me to play it. 
    Taadaa!

When you think of that post the way I do.. it makes you laugh.. I saw the poll.. without reading the post... LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

I voted yes, because I have a sick sense of humor :D so, what's new, everybunny?

Kit & Azrael in BF!!

• EmmaLouiseEmmaLouise Member Posts: 14

Hmmm so the price should be lowered just because it is the lowest rated on one webiste? DO any of you ever go and vist the offical coummunity on Stratics? Besides being one of the top and most active communitys the game is now actually free. So I don't think £7.99 a month is to much to pay.

• TowelieTSOTowelieTSO Member Posts: 4
    Word!