Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about Titan Quest

avediasavedias Member Posts: 118

Alright, so Steam has a current deal for 5 BUCKS for Titan Quest AND the expansion. I have heard good things about this game, it has good reviews and supposed to have a good story. I currently play Fallen Earth and am really enjoying it, but sometimes would just like something else to play. I am a fan of the Diablo hack and slash style game but really only for online purposes. Does Titan Quest have the same online feel to it that Diablo does? Is there a ladder? is there pvp? All that good stuff?

Comments

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Its a great hack and slash imo. It does have online features but keep in mind it has been out a long time and not many people play anymore.

Or didnt when i played it a year or 2 ago.

If your looking for an online experience keep looking i would think. If you wanna play a single player or co op hack and slash its great.

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712
    Originally posted by avedias

Alright, so Steam has a current deal for 5 BUCKS for Titan Quest AND the expansion. I have heard good things about this game, it has good reviews and supposed to have a good story. I currently play Fallen Earth and am really enjoying it, but sometimes would just like something else to play. I am a fan of the Diablo hack and slash style game but really only for online purposes. Does Titan Quest have the same online feel to it that Diablo does? Is there a ladder? is there pvp? All that good stuff?

its like a updated version of diablo same story too only its not diablo its typhus and the expansion has you taking out the other titans like in diablo 2 lod if you liked diablo your going to love titans quest and either way its worth the 5$ especially since the expansion adds alot more to the game i would buy it off steam but i already own the physical game so expansion wont work for me

• avediasavedias Member Posts: 118

well, i am looking for something that does have people playing online. i guess trying to find a game like diablo w the same amount of online players would be hard to expect but if im looking for something else, any other hack and slash games that have a good online player base?

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Well if it is that cheap might as well get the game. At the very least you have a great action rpg to play when you are bored of other games. In my opinion it is better than Diablo, I love the dual class setup. That makes for some great customization.

As for other games, maybe Torchlight?

• lath456lath456 Member Posts: 92

I have TQ:IT, but never play it anymore.  Last time I played was probably a year ago, and there was still some people playing, though I think a majority of the people were from Germany/Russia/Poland.

It's a good, solid game.  When IT came out they changed the drop rates on everything making it kind of ridiculous, in my opinion.  A LOT of people played mods... Max x?  I think was a popular one - basically makes 2-6x more mobs in the game.  Of course, there are maps full of free epic items and hacks out the wazoo...   After they nerfed the drop rates on everything and gutted Oracles (they were WAY WAY WAY OP) I downloaded hacks and adjusted drop rates to get gear...   Typhon used to be stupid easy, then they turned him into a ... freeking ADD 12 year old throwing a temper tantrum.

A lot of class combinations aren't feasible, IMO.  If you want to play any caster type that's not combined with the Dream spec, you're hosed once you hit Legendary.  Plate armor + defense rating helps so much... wearing cloth and casting crappy spells is just painful.  I hacked so may characters to 68 and tried so many gear combos it was silly (but fun), full blown casters just suck.

Aside from that, if you're looking for a large diverse online community, TQ isn't the way to go, nor is Torchlight (that's SP only right now).   To my knowledge there aren't any newer hack n' slash online games.  If you find one, let me know.

If you have a friend or two who will play TQ with you - the game is definately worth $5.  Even if you play solo. 

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

$5 is a great deal, just don't expect a MMO out of it. I didn't have TQ but purchased it in this sale. The deal is now over btw.

• MikailaMikaila Member UncommonPosts: 45

Can someone link me to this deal? I can't find it. 

Okay, too bad, deal is over. :(

• MavisPMavisP Member Posts: 181

TQ is a very good game. It also has a lot of content to go through. I didnt play it online but it and the expansion are still on my PC as I know I will want to do it again.