Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Healer Incentives

ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

After 24 levels I am starting to see a pattern. There is a total lack of healing classes in the game. They corrected the issue of EQ 1 by making more then just clerics good healers and yet the healer counts are horribly low on my server. I have spent over an hour trying to get a healer for an armor quest with no luck at all.

I am starting to think some incentives need to be offered to get people making healers. I have no idea what could be offered that would still keep things balanced, as far as I am concerned though, they could offer something that is out of balance, we just need some healers badly. Is anyone else having this problem on other servers?

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

Comments

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

As of next BIG patch ligth armor gets a 35% armor increase, thats a huge step up for us LA healers, druids and shamans mostly.

Will make my life a whole lot easier, and more fun, as a warden I solo pretty good as it is and im hoping this change will really put me up there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

I have a Templar on Antonia Bayle and I can tell you that compared to the Clerics in EQ I Templars have very little offensive power.  In EQ I Clerics could wipe out undead with no problem and they could put up a good fight against other types of Mobs.

In EQ II they say Templars get extra power against undead but IF it is there it must not be much of an advantage.

So you are right there is no advnatage to being a a healer in EQ II.  At least as far as templars go.

I really think if EQ II had better class separation it would really help.  They seem to have gotten away from the idea that a certain race or class has certain advantages.  Some people like this but I think it hurts the overall game.  Lack of healers seems to be a indication of this.

Anyway that is just my opinion.

• WickesWickes Member UncommonPosts: 749

Fabulous idea Fadeus ... more goodies for healers!  I love this!

I guess in fairness I must disclose that I am a Templar huh =)  Let's see ... let me make up a wish list =)

Seriously, I have never understood why more people don't like to play the healing classes.  Takes a certain breed, I guess.  Most people seem to want to be right in the action as much as possible ... I get a kick out of standing back (when I need to) trying to "manage" the situation and keep everyone alive.  Cleric has been my main since the beginning of EQ1.  Druids, of course .... well don't get me started on druids =)  However, it does not appear that EQ2 has the issue that EQ1 had where druids could solo the planet for 60 levels and then they woke up and realized they needed to be valuable at raids =)

Honestly, I can't speak to druids and shammies, but I think it would be a mistake to make templars more powerful.  I can already solo oranges fairly easily, and I don't think it should go beyond that.  I rather suspect if/when more people try the class, they may find it quite appealing.  I suppose you could juice up heals and buffs a little to help groups and reduce deaths a bit, but would that really entice more people to play the class?  Doubt it.  I don't know what other goodies they could hand out without pissing someone else off or seriously unbalancing something.

Maybe it's your server .... gotta say I see an astounding number of templars on mine.

• WickesWickes Member UncommonPosts: 749

Hmmm, didn't see your post before I posted kb4blu.  I guess we're having somewhat different experiences.

Seems to me my EQ2 cleric is slightly more powerful than my cleric in EQ1 (prior to the summoned hammer stages).  I would agree our DPS in groups is not particularly noteworthy, but, due to HOs, it does seem to me our damage soloing is quite good, as well as our general ability to solo (due to Vitae spells, etc.).

I really wish I could heal/buff/res random people ... I always enjoyed that, and I miss it.  I hear it's being fixed for ressing at least ... by not requiring people to be grouped but instead offering a window to accept or reject the res (to avoid griefing).