Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Earthrise: Community Questions Answered

2»

Comments

• DocProjectDocProject Member Posts: 49
    Originally posted by alucard3000

Originally posted by Harabeck

And alucard3000, there are some major differences between ER and DF besides the theme/graphics. Read about the game.

lol your stupid if you think im replying and not having so called "read up on the game" esp when reading about it is all there is yea like a said a different skin,what that means, same book different cover and models

Darkfall online different skin unless there is something i missed in all my reading that says all this killing has some sort of penalties

Apparently in all your extensive reading you must have missed the games official website FAQ. I know, who would look THERE first?!? You have some impressive research skills if I must say so.

"» Will there be PvP in Earthrise?

Yes. PvP will be an important part of the game. Players will have the opportunity to kill other players – but not without consequences."

Now maybe you might want to go extensively read some on what those consequences might be? Nah, you don't care because you are obviously trolling.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those non-trolls that care, what are some of the "killing problems without penalties" that Darkfall has? The ones I can think of shouldn't be an issue in Earthrise. I'm also not trolling Darkfall I don't play the game and know if these are still issues, sorry.

Naked player attacks: If you choose not to wear gear you are utterly useless in combat. Not only does your armor provide the shield technology protecting you from getting instantly gibbed, but it also supplies energy to your weapons which power's many of your weapon attacks. You are not viable without gear equipped.

Lack of serious consequences for killing: In essence the PVP in this game revolves around GvG (Guild vs Guild) and Faction PvP game. There are also neutral (non-factioned) and criminal characters and guilds. Opposite faction players are free to kill each other on sight with the only repercussion being other players that might come looking for you because of it. Guilds involved in the territory conquest feature with each other are free to kill each other during wartime without repercussion (not in secure areas though where same faction violence wont be tolerated). Faction players however cannot attack neutral players or players in their own faction (unless involved with same-faction guilds in territory dispute) without being condemned by their faction and acquiring criminal status.

Not only will this cause them to hurt their faction reputation badly but it will also allow for those players to issue a in-game bounty on the criminal with the in-game bounty system. This could send several players after you looking for a nice reward. (All Bounty Hunters can take the mission but only one can complete it to receive the reward). Being a criminal not only makes your play more complicated but it also makes factioned players get bonuses for killing you which can provide them with cheaper insurance costs and faction specific rewards.

Criminals will lose access to certain safer areas depending on how notorious they are. They will also become attackable without consequence by anyone including other criminals, in essence "red". Being a criminal is possible and viable in Earthrise, they even have their own outlaw settlement in a secluded area on the island that offers criminal services (market, cloning, insurance, possibly a safe area for them (unknown if guards in that area will react to violence like they do in other secure areas). Playing as a criminal is by no means 'ez-mode lolz gankfest' but it is definately a challenging and rewarding playstyle for those up for it.

Grinding away being a criminal:

Also criminals cannot just grind out their criminal "karma" to make them non-criminal. It is only lost with in-game time so playing as a criminal or attacking innocent players will require serious consideration. So don't think that killing doesn't have consequences.

For any others interested to find out more detail or join in on discussion hop on over to the official forums.

• alucard3000alucard3000 Member Posts: 414
    Originally posted by DocProject

Originally posted by alucard3000

Originally posted by Harabeck

And alucard3000, there are some major differences between ER and DF besides the theme/graphics. Read about the game.

lol your stupid if you think im replying and not having so called "read up on the game" esp when reading about it is all there is yea like a said a different skin,what that means, same book different cover and models

Darkfall online different skin unless there is something i missed in all my reading that says all this killing has some sort of penalties

Apparently in all your extensive reading you must have missed the games official website FAQ. I know, who would look THERE first?!? You have some impressive research skills if I must say so.

"» Will there be PvP in Earthrise?

Yes. PvP will be an important part of the game. Players will have the opportunity to kill other players – but not without consequences."

Now maybe you might want to go extensively read some on what those consequences might be? Nah, you don't care because you are obviously trolling.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those non-trolls that care, what are some of the "killing problems without penalties" that Darkfall has? The ones I can think of shouldn't be an issue in Earthrise. I'm also not trolling Darkfall I don't play the game and know if these are still issues, sorry.

Naked player attacks: If you choose not to wear gear you are utterly useless in combat. Not only does your armor provide the shield technology protecting you from getting instantly gibbed, but it also supplies energy to your weapons which power's many of your weapon attacks. You are not viable without gear equipped.

Lack of serious consequences for killing: In essence the PVP in this game revolves around GvG (Guild vs Guild) and Faction PvP game. There are also neutral (non-factioned) and criminal characters and guilds. Opposite faction players are free to kill each other on sight with the only repercussion being other players that might come looking for you because of it. Guilds involved in the territory conquest feature with each other are free to kill each other during wartime without repercussion (not in secure areas though where same faction violence wont be tolerated). Faction players however cannot attack neutral players or players in their own faction (unless involved with same-faction guilds in territory dispute) without being condemned by their faction and acquiring criminal status.

Not only will this cause them to hurt their faction reputation badly but it will also allow for those players to issue a in-game bounty on the criminal with the in-game bounty system. This could send several players after you looking for a nice reward. (All Bounty Hunters can take the mission but only one can complete it to receive the reward). Being a criminal not only makes your play more complicated but it also makes factioned players get bonuses for killing you which can provide them with cheaper insurance costs and faction specific rewards.

Criminals will lose access to certain safer areas depending on how notorious they are. They will also become attackable without consequence by anyone including other criminals, in essence "red". Being a criminal is possible and viable in Earthrise, they even have their own outlaw settlement in a secluded area on the island that offers criminal services (market, cloning, insurance, possibly a safe area for them (unknown if guards in that area will react to violence like they do in other secure areas). Playing as a criminal is by no means 'ez-mode lolz gankfest' but it is definately a challenging and rewarding playstyle for those up for it.

Grinding away being a criminal:

Also criminals cannot just grind out their criminal "karma" to make them non-criminal. It is only lost with in-game time so playing as a criminal or attacking innocent players will require serious consideration. So don't think that killing doesn't have consequences.

wait wall of text did you miss the darkfall online zergfest post? I surely hope you dont think earthrise is going to be more quote unquote righteous lol wit open pvp open loot good luck to ya woot

For any others interested to find out more detail or join in on discussion hop on over to the official forums.

• alucard3000alucard3000 Member Posts: 414

hey im not saying im not watching this game but lol come on no gameplay whatever and it releases supposedly in 4 months latest terms and has a darkfall pvp system come on throw all your "economics" in it you want eve online has a palyer that cleaned out his corporations bank and made 5k real money from it so stop trying to sugar coat reality

• NetbratNetbrat Member UncommonPosts: 27

Doesn't look like a game for me. Have you seen the MMORPG poll below?

Which is more important in an MMO, PvE or PvP?

PvP - 5.7%

PvE - 16.1%

PvP focus with a little PvE - 11.6%

PvE focus with a little PvP - 31.2%

Equal Parts PvE and PvP - 35.3%

Most people do not want full pvp. It will just be a bunch of kids leveling up quickly so they can go and gank all the lower levels trying to level up. And player run economy? These same kids that know nothing about economy or what something is worth will be setting the pricing for everything.

I will be avoiding this game.

• mckimminsmckimmins Member UncommonPosts: 51

What most interest me about this game is the deep and interesting crafting system that is actually relevant to the game. Pair that with full player run economy and I am very excited. Eve Online already has the above and thus why that game is so great and a blast to play. But Earthrise gets us all of that with walking avatars instead of spaceships. I am not much for pvp though. But with meaningful pvp and gear loss comes the need for more crafting! I will be able to find myself a nice guild and semi safe home in this game and build stuff for the pvpers. If it turns out to be mediocre and lacks the features they promise then we always got Eve.

• jrs77jrs77 Member Posts: 419
    Originally posted by Netbrat

Doesn't look like a game for me. Have you seen the MMORPG poll below?
    Which is more important in an MMO, PvE or PvP?
    PvP - 5.7%

PvE - 16.1%

PvP focus with a little PvE - 11.6%

PvE focus with a little PvP - 31.2%

Equal Parts PvE and PvP - 35.3%

Most people do not want full pvp. It will just be a bunch of kids leveling up quickly so they can go and gank all the lower levels trying to level up. And player run economy? These same kids that know nothing about economy or what something is worth will be setting the pricing for everything.
    I will be avoiding this game.

There are no levels in Earthrise.

A n00b who understand game-mechanics and come up with a decent setup and basic equipment is basically able to kill a vet, if the vet doesn't have player-skills.

Additionally, Earthrise will have no uber-equipment, that is tenfold better then the basic-equipment.

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283

I dont like the insurance system. If its a full looting system, it should be full looting. When you die, some of your stuff is destroyed, some of it drops. Anything that was insured, the company should pay you money to reimburse you. You shouldnt resurect with those items. At some point everyone will simply have insurance on everything, and nothing will drop. They for sure will have insurance one something really great, and that will never drop, which means you will never be able to hunt people for that really great thing.

• Joker2240Joker2240 Member Posts: 664

There will be gear that can not be insured typically the gear that are really expensive and are very  hard to craft. However we do not know much about that and I am positive we will have a follow up to those questions. 

Edit: A good example would be like EvE titan's. I don't think those a insurable.

• jrs77jrs77 Member Posts: 419
    Originally posted by mCalvert

I dont like the insurance system. If its a full looting system, it should be full looting. When you die, some of your stuff is destroyed, some of it drops. Anything that was insured, the company should pay you money to reimburse you. You shouldnt resurect with those items. At some point everyone will simply have insurance on everything, and nothing will drop. They for sure will have insurance one something really great, and that will never drop, which means you will never be able to hunt people for that really great thing.

First of all, there's no uber-weapons in Earthrise. Additionally, there's no epic items dropping from NPCs. All items are crafted by players, so everyone will have access to all available items, if he can afford to pay the price demanded in the market, or craft it on his own.

So there's no hunting people down for their goodies actually.

With the above in mind, the insurance.system is actually what I'm positively looking forward to, as it does away with the need to loot. I simply get instant cash for killing other players, which is a plus in my oppinion, as the money can't be looted from me. if I get killed a  few seconds after I've killed someone else.

Last but not least, Earthrise has item-decay, so every item in the game will get destroyed at some point and noone will keep his items forever.

So people will maybe insure their 4 or 5 items, that are designed to their needs (read: specialized and modified items) but anything else isn't exactly worth insuring, as the slots in your inventory get more expensive the more slots you insure.

It's the best system I've ever heard of tbh.

• CavadusCavadus Member UncommonPosts: 707

Earthrise is a PvP-centric MMO. Quit complaining about the PvE. The quests are there to grind faction points and earn faction rewards, not earn you hordes of XP for skills.

And who cares if the PvE content can be soloed?  They mentioned in that article that this PvE content is not divorced from the open world PvP mechanics so even when you're PvEing you're still PvPing.

Y'all understand that both PvE and PvP inhabit the same game space simultaneously, right?

You can't PvP solo for very long in an open world PvP environment.

I think a few posters in this thread have just been conditioned by generic MMOs over the past few years and are overlooking very obvious and important details.

Lastly, the devs have mentioned on several occasions that there will be PvE so difficult that it will only be able to be completed by purchasing and using a battlemech(s).

Sounds pretty hardcore for PvE IMO... if that's your thing.

• ConjureOneConjureOne Member UncommonPosts: 233

I have mixed feelings about the insurance system...

From what I understand you dont pay for insurance of items, you pay for insurance of SLOTS.

Example:

I have a level 999 ultra mega killing combulator of uber rarity in my weapons slot, it costs 9999999 gazillion :insert your future currency here: on the market. BUT the insurance costs 1 :insert your future currency here: for that slot, much like if you had a noob lvl 1 turd in your hand.

If that example is correct this game is NOT full loot, its NOT pvp, its wow carebear style pvp... with adjustments...

What I'm thinking here is EVE... in EVE you insure your ship from market value (not all ships can be insured), but still you cant insure equipment on that ship. So its a good system if you want to both cuddle and whip your customer (player). Its neutral, it appeals to both carebears and hardcore pvpers.

So bottomline is: before I read this question I was really looking forward to Earthrise, now... I'm not really sure I am.

• ConjureOneConjureOne Member UncommonPosts: 233
    Originally posted by Joker2240

There will be gear that can not be insured typically the gear that are really expensive and are very  hard to craft. However we do not know much about that and I am positive we will have a follow up to those questions. 
    Edit: A good example would be like EvE titan's. I don't think those a insurable.

Obviously you or none of your friends/corp/alliance mates own a titan, those beasts are insurable.

• mschi772mschi772 Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by ConjureOne

From what I understand you dont pay for insurance of items, you pay for insurance of SLOTS.
    Example:
    I have a level 999 ultra mega killing combulator of uber rarity in my weapons slot, it costs 9999999 gazillion :insert your future currency here: on the market. BUT the insurance costs 1 :insert your future currency here: for that slot, much like if you had a noob lvl 1 turd in your hand.
    If that example is correct this game is NOT full loot, its NOT pvp, its wow carebear style pvp... with adjustments...
    What I'm thinking here is EVE... in EVE you insure your ship from market value (not all ships can be insured), but still you cant insure equipment on that ship. So its a good system if you want to both cuddle and whip your customer (player). Its neutral, it appeals to both carebears and hardcore pvpers.
    So bottomline is: before I read this question I was really looking forward to Earthrise, now... I'm not really sure I am.

I have read that Earthrise will not allow you to insure some of the "uberest" items.  Just hope that is indeed the case; I do.  Regardless, Earthrise has item decay from what I understand.  That is awesome in my opinion.  I haven't read-up on it in great detail and have seen mention of repairing gear.  Please tell me that gear cannot be repaired indefinately, and I will be an extremely happy camper.  Item decay is pointless if you can repair items indefinately.

Obviously you or none of your friends/corp/alliance mates own a titan, those beasts are insurable.

Note how I said "I don't THINK those are insurable." Thank you and come back an other day troll. Nor do I play EvE anymore or have been in a corp/alliance.

Kavadus brought up something really interesting actually. If I remember correctly there will be parts of the island that will require you to have a mech in order to actually go to that area. I might have read it wrong as it was a long time ago that I read that. Yeah, mech vs mech combat! WOOP!

Originally posted by mschi772

Example:

I have read that Earthrise will not allow you to insure some of the "uberest" items.  Just hope that is indeed the case; I do.  Regardless, Earthrise has item decay from what I understand.  That is awesome in my opinion.  I haven't read-up on it in great detail and have seen mention of repairing gear.  Please tell me that gear cannot be repaired indefinately, and I will be an extremely happy camper.  Item decay is pointless if you can repair items indefinately.

Yes, you can repair them but it will be of lesser quality but it will eventually have to be taken apart.

• mschi772mschi772 Member Posts: 20

Originally posted by mschi772

Example:

Yes, you can repair them but it will be of lesser quality but it will eventually have to be taken apart.

That works for me.  One of the things that upset me with Fallen Earth was that they built a game based on crafting and trade, but all the items in that game can be repaired indefinately with no penalties.  Ugh, I just don't think a game economy can function without assets having a way of leaving the game that equals or exceeds how quickly said assets are generated by the game.  The face that Earthrise has a permanent item decay makes me extremely happy.  I really hope they stick with it at least long enough to know that any complaints they may be receiving about it aren't just from crying players who don't want to learn how to play with item decay (cuz you know there will be all kinds of players used to mind-numbingly easy MMO's who won't even want to give it a chance).

This is totally just sidenote, but I've often wondered what would happen to WoW if it decided to adopt a permanent item decay.  I know it would NEVER happen since Blizzard seems totally committed to taking away every challenge/obstacle imaginable, but the thought of all the hissy fits over broken epix amuses me.  Ironicaly, WoW's crowd shouldn't even care anymore since, from what I understand, that game basically just hands you uber loot in the mail now.

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Originally posted by jrs77

Originally posted by mCalvert

First of all, there's no uber-weapons in Earthrise. Additionally, there's no epic items dropping from NPCs. All items are crafted by players, so everyone will have access to all available items, if he can afford to pay the price demanded in the market, or craft it on his own.

So there's no hunting people down for their goodies actually.

With the above in mind, the insurance.system is actually what I'm positively looking forward to, as it does away with the need to loot. I simply get instant cash for killing other players, which is a plus in my oppinion, as the money can't be looted from me. if I get killed a  few seconds after I've killed someone else.

Last but not least, Earthrise has item-decay, so every item in the game will get destroyed at some point and noone will keep his items forever.

So people will maybe insure their 4 or 5 items, that are designed to their needs (read: specialized and modified items) but anything else isn't exactly worth insuring, as the slots in your inventory get more expensive the more slots you insure.

It's the best system I've ever heard of tbh.

Still dont like it. If you die, you shouldnt be able to take anything with you.  And it also keeps people from having to use money to rebuy something that you lost, thus depressing economic demand and crafting. That you cant loot money off someone makes sense, as I doubt people in the future run around with cash on hand. Rather you will have a central bank that you connect to digitially. Doing away with the need to loot is a bad thing, and killing people for loot is a significatn motivation for PVP. Taking that away takes away from PVP, which is the purpose of this game. It reduces it back to just killing someone to increment your killboard.

Heck, in eve you cant even insure your "gear", only your ship, and only teir 1 ships are worth insuring, so in most cases, you die, you lose, no mercy.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Nice q&a....I'll be watching this sandboxy title.

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

Definitely looking forward to this one, but oh god, if the market isn't streamlined in some way, I'ma be lost. xD

• pekshmaerpekshmaer Member Posts: 58

Yeaaa..can't wait, im so excited , bla bla bla..whan beta come - boring, buuuuu, this game is bad, damn can't cancel preorder. Who is next , maybe Secret World? SW? GA? hehe

hmm

• M4koM4ko Member Posts: 385
    Originally posted by LotosSlayer

Ugh, another solo/quest-based MMo.

zzzzzz

lol its not quest based at all, this will be the best MMO since the early days of AO, NC and EVE