Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skill based fantasy game in open beta

alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

So I'm here today to talk you all about a game that looks interesting:

www.craftofgods.eu/

Name of the game is Craft of Gods. The game is published by a small company named Kalikanthus. From the game website I took this info, I'm not in closed beta so i dont know how much of this information is accurate:

Basically its a skill based fantasy game. Skill system consiste on 14 schools:

* Fire: needed to control the power of fire, allows casting of destructing fire-based spells and power of fire-based defense

* Earth: you become part of the earth, and will be able to use it to damage your opponents, and to slow and block them in combat

* Lightning: the power of the thunder will be at your disposal, and also the best power to paralyze your enemy

* Wind: the breath of the nature is not only something that refreshes your body, but can also be a fierce, destructive power to block and overpower your enemies

* Water: this school combines powers of life and destruction

* Psychic: you will be able to expand the power of your mind, allowing you to cause damage with your mental powers and to weaken and control your enemies.

* Healer: this school is for you, if you wish to be the backbone of your party, healing and curing them

* Nature: this school is an ancient one, reaching back to the first inhabitants of “Craft of Gods” world; you will be able to control nature and learn such skills as poison and invisibility

* Archer: you can increase your power and skills for long range attacks

* Berserk: do you want to destroy your enemies, without any thought to the damage you are taking? This school is perfect for you: attack and power are their idols.

* Melee: enhances your melee ability on a path to becoming a true warrior

* Defense: do you like to be like a rock, against your opponents break their heads? This school has the most powerful skills for defense.

* Demonology: you will control the dark side of creatures, gain the ability to summon demons and control them

* Necromancy: life is power but death is the ultimate power. You will able to control the undead and their powers.

From this schools you can only maximize 2, and a third one at half. Of course you can distribute the points the way you want but, if you wanted to maximize schools, this is the max cap you have, 2 at max and a third one at half.

The game is RvR with a 3rd neutral faction for the ones not wanting pvp at all.

The game is goin to have housing, taming, mounts throught taming, crafting and player driven economy.

Graphicaly looks decent.

It's target based. Wich means, you select your target and use your abilities so no need to be in first person view. That means too that you see your character while you play.

The game is going to be p2p.

Is goin into open beta on 18 of february, you can register for open beta right now.

The problem is, it's europe based, I dont know if players from north america will be able to play it or not. Maybe they can, or maybe they will need to wait for a north american server. For all of us european players liking this big and great community here in mmorpg.com looks like we have a good one coming.

thanks for reading!!!!

Comments

• BeermanglerBeermangler Member UncommonPosts: 402

Open Beta begins February 18'th. 

Better to be crazy, provided you know what sane is...

• arcdevilarcdevil Member Posts: 864

woah,this went totally under my radar

sounds really interesting, tyvm kind sir.

• DawnheraldDawnherald Member Posts: 146

To be honest: http://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/

Maybe not as pretty, but THAT is the first MMO loosely based on Slavic folk lore.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

You mean "classless" fantasy game.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    Originally posted by Quirhid

You mean "classless" fantasy game.

Well, then we can even call it School based fantasy game. This is how they named the diferent skill trees. Anyway most people will get the point.

Edit: but good point, for some players it can be a better definition naming it classless game, they will probably understand it faster.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I don't like it,it is an exact copy of Aion.

RvR is a very bad design especially when only two realms,i cannot believe how much they copied Aion including the 3rd useless realm[Atlantis].The design is too simplistic,try to be the demigod and others try to steal it?i mean geesh that is not what people have been asking for ,witch is an OPEN ended game,people want to create the REASON be it PVP or PVE.

They did get the minimum of 6 races in play ,but i would have rather seen 6 realms with 1-2 race each,or skip the RvR totally and go with 6 races that are free to go as they please.Using the freedom direction,you can still create hot spots for players to want to be,but at least they have choice of how they want to play the game.

Once you introduce a PVP oriented game,you are beat for creativity right out of the hoop,because players WANT and NEED balance.If you create a PVE oriented game,players will get to enjoy whatever race they want because it is about each unique characteristic of each race ,rather than worry about having the best PVP class/race.In  PVE setup you do not have to worry about balance,witch is why the PVE system has always used the Tank/healer/dps setup,it doesn't matter who is stronger,you work as a team.

Right now there is two horrible design trends that developers are doing because it allows cheap and easy game design.The two trends are RvR PVP and END game instance raiding.Once the naive quit asking for this junk,we can get some developers to start being creative with class designs and their game.This is the problem,rather than come up with creative ideas,they just take the entire player base,split in two and say go kill each other,not very creative at all.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• I was watching the trailer for this game. The gameplay looked extremely boring and the mobs had the sort of slingshot effect to them. You know where they are coming at you and keep teleporting backwards.

• zhandaozhandao Member Posts: 46
    Originally posted by Wizardry

RvR is a very bad design especially when only two realms,i cannot believe how much they copied Aion including the 3rd useless realm[Atlantis].The design is too simplistic,try to be the demigod and others try to steal it?i mean geesh that is not what people have been asking for ,witch is an OPEN ended game,people want to create the REASON be it PVP or PVE.

What?  How is it a copy of Aion?  The Atlantis race is a playable race for those who want to PVE and not PVP.

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Once Atlantians are in, there will be 3 realms.

Also, it's not an exact copy of Aion. It's been compared to DAoC before it was compared to Aion. Play it, it's nothing like Aion.

• PedrobPedrob Member UncommonPosts: 172

Hope they are not describing it as "RvR" in their site as the the RvR and Realm vs Realm has been trademarked by Mythic.

• VengerVenger Member UncommonPosts: 1,309

Interesting.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

It has interesting concepts but the execution is very poor, with the open skill system there is gonna be a lot of pvp balance issues and in general its very buggy and unfinished. I would say wait a few months before playing at the least.

One amazing thing was that you could literally mount any animal, good times.