Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online: "What's Next" Page Offers Glimpse Into the Future

2»

Comments

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880
    Originally posted by Guillermo197

Well, Cryptic is digging their own grave during headstart already. The server crashed.... YET again. And they just keep copy pasting the same unexpected downtime messages day in day out, since the headstart began.
    This is going to be funny when the real flood of players start entering the game coming Tuesday (for US) and friday (EU).
    A couple more 4+ hour unexpected downtimes and most headstart people won't even be picking up their gameboxes.

Really name one game besides lotro that didn't have this kind of issue.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Frostbite05

Well, Cryptic is digging their own grave during headstart already. The server crashed.... YET again. And they just keep copy pasting the same unexpected downtime messages day in day out, since the headstart began.
    This is going to be funny when the real flood of players start entering the game coming Tuesday (for US) and friday (EU).
    A couple more 4+ hour unexpected downtimes and most headstart people won't even be picking up their gameboxes.

More then enough.

Fact is, that people seem to have the memory of a goldfish. And forgotten that Cryptic launched another MMO not so long ago and went through the EXACT same crap as STO is going through right now.

One would think they would have build up some experience from that debacle 6 months ago and try not to EXACTLY repeat it again.

Just saying.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

More then enough.

Fact is, that people seem to have the memory of a goldfish. And forgotten that Cryptic launched another MMO not so long ago and went through the EXACT same crap as STO is going through right now.

One would think they would have build up some experience from that debacle 6 months ago and try not to EXACTLY repeat it again.

Just saying.

Rofl,  Hello It is Cryptic and they used the same engine from the other game.  What would lead you to belive they could turn out a good game after that and bassed on the same engine.  All I got to say is they have no idea of what quality is.  And the same old fan boys go ohh give me more,  they deserve what they get now.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by erictlewis

More then enough.
    Just saying.

Rofl,  Hello It is Cryptic and they used the same engine from the other game.  What would lead you to belive they could turn out a good game after that and bassed on the same engine.  All I got to say is they have no idea of what quality is.  And the same old fan boys go ohh give me more,  they deserve what they get now.

The funny thing is. That the rabid fans believe every word Cryptic is saying to them. About how they are sorry and buying extra hardware as we speak, to fix the issues.

Fact is, they used these EXACT same excuses with CO 6 months ago and the crashing (unexpected downtime) didn't stop until most people got fed up and left the game.

Cryptic isn't going to buy new extra hardware. They know most will be gone within the first month. So anyone who thinks that Cryptic is buying expensive new hardware, just for 3-4 weeks of use, is very naieve and need to wake up!

The crashes are going to be a lot worse coming Tuesday. Mark my words. And even more worse coming friday when the EU peeps join in as well.

• MortisRexMortisRex Member UncommonPosts: 350

I really wanted to like the game, honestly.. but it's implementation indicates a rushed product. I'll tell you now, this is the only game I really believe is going to lead to repetitive stress injury. You have to constantly hit space bar over and over and over and over. You're allowed 1 fore and 1 aft weapon on autofire, that's it. Some ships have 6 fore and 4 aft weapons. I can overlook a lot of things, but not a  legitimate concern for my joint health.

• LanthirLanthir Member UncommonPosts: 222

More then enough.

Just saying.

as did EQ, EQI,LOTRO, DDO, AOC, WoW the list goes on of MMO's that had rocky servers when they game first started.

Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads! Swords for everyone!

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056
    Originally posted by MortisRex

I really wanted to like the game, honestly.. but it's implementation indicates a rushed product. I'll tell you now, this is the only game I really believe is going to lead to repetitive stress injury. You have to constantly hit space bar over and over and over and over. You're allowed 1 fore and 1 aft weapon on autofire, that's it. Some ships have 6 fore and 4 aft weapons. I can overlook a lot of things, but not a  legitimate concern for my joint health.

Yeah, funny that I don't remember Kirk or Picard jabbing frantically at his keypad as he decimates his fourth squadron of Orion ships in the system.

The controls really are primitive (why can't you set a range for tab-targeting?) for a space combat game, and the information displays are laughable.

Once the shiney wears off, it just isn't even a good space combat game, and that is its best feature.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• DrowNobleDrowNoble Member UncommonPosts: 1,297

Uh, is this an omen of some kind?  The game servers have barely started their first warmups and they are already talking about all the new content and bug fixes?  Cryptic, if the game isn't ready don't release it early like you did with Champions Online.

Definately going to wait and see how launch goes before I even think of buying this.