Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Easiest to get into PVP in an mmo?

raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237

What game would you say, that has PVP is the easiest to get into?

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

Comments

• arcdevilarcdevil Member Posts: 864

probably WAR, you can get pvp action 1 second after creating your char

• segmentfaultsegmentfault Member Posts: 75

Darkfall. You are forced to PVP right from the get go.

Granted, you're going to lose almost every fight until you play for a few weeks..

Welcome to Darkfall!

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Warhammer and Guild Wars are probably the easiest to get into. You can pvp right after install with both, warhammer has your level bumped up a bit in the scenarios to give you more a chance, in guild wars you can make a pvp only character that will put you on a level ground with everybody else.

• Jimmy_ScytheJimmy_Scythe Member CommonPosts: 3,586

No one's gonna say Eve?

I mean sure, Eve has the steepest learning curve in the MMO Genre....

But once you get through the 4+ hour tutorial, you can join a corp and start PvPing instantly. In fact, there are two corps that were made specifically to teach newbies how to PvP. The most well known is the Open University of Celestial Hardship which trains new players in nullsec. Or you can always just look for a merc corp to join right off the bat....

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

guildwars you start very fast to pvp and if its as epic as it used to be gear wont be a factor strategy will be a big factor tho

yep guild wars is very epic on the pvp

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Originally posted by Jimmy_Scythe

No one's gonna say Eve?

But once you get through the 4+ hour tutorial, you can join a corp and start PvPing instantly. In fact, there are two corps that were made specifically to teach newbies how to PvP. The most well known is the Open University of Celestial Hardship which trains new players in nullsec. Or you can always just look for a merc corp to join right off the bat....

yep the learning curve of eve is pretty accurate but its so fucking addictive who cares lol.

• HetNetHetNet Member Posts: 48

PlanetSide...Merrily murdering each other is about the only thing to DO in the game...and it's immense fun.

• drago_pldrago_pl Member Posts: 384

Darkfall and EVE.
    In both games you won't be able to bet vets 1v1 but in group PvP you are factor since day 1.

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055
    Originally posted by Jimmy_Scythe

No one's gonna say Eve?

LMAO!

That chart is pure /WIN!

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• MyreanMyrean Member Posts: 186

For hack and slash I like Flyff.. But now  Atlantica online has the best pvp for me.. It's a turn based strategic game so this requires you to think for the strategy  in every turn. You're controlling 9 mercenaries including your main character, the jobs of the mercanaries depends on you... Unlike other game you only have 1 character  that you  control but in AO you can try also t he  skills of different jobs..

• DevalonDevalon Member UncommonPosts: 496

Whoever recommending EvE for easiest entrance to PvP needs to be shot! It takes atleast three months for something decent other then a tackler. Also a tackler takes some skills to learn.

--
    "Any free people have the right to choose how it wants to be govern thats the essence of democracy. It's sad when America has chosen for the stability and consistency of a dictatorship and doing it democratically" -utnow

• YorsaYorsa Member UncommonPosts: 10

Age of Conan (PvP server ofc). You can start at level 5 (you can get level 5 in 10 minutes) and never stop :)

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827
    Originally posted by segmentfault

Darkfall. You are forced to PVP right from the get go.
    Granted, you're going to lose almost every fight until you play for a few weeks..
    Welcome to Darkfall!

I agree also Darkfall but be honest only if you dont mind been ganked lose all his loot constantly danger where ever you go no safezones no instance.

If he dont mind that Darkfall is by far best pvp mmo there is, if you offcorse like fantasy setting other wise i say EVE also but thats a spacegame with high learning curve.

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.