Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

changes worth it in the last 8 days

Has StarTrek Online changed significantly in the last 8 days for the good ?

I canceled my pre-order, but if it's changed alot for the good I will try and see if I can purchase it.

Comments

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Everyone's like or dislike is going to be different, so what specifically was the top 3 reasons (for example) why you cancelled your pre-order.

• Riptide69Riptide69 Member Posts: 45
    Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

Everyone's like or dislike is going to be different, so what specifically was the top 3 reasons (for example) why you cancelled your pre-order.

When I was running through the ship instance, I could see stars and space underneath my feet.

I could see through bulkheads people further along than I was, as if the walls where invisible at times.

That's about it.

• April-RainApril-Rain Member UncommonPosts: 316

they fixed the the flashing bugged loading screens, other than that its still the twisted, buggy failing server of a game it was 8 days ago..............

Playing: FFXIV
    Future: wishing for SWG 2, World of Warcraft Classic
    Played: Most current and extinct MMO's - 18 Years in....

Interesting Fact - I own 27 Tarantula's

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by Riptide69

When I was running through the ship instance, I could see stars and space underneath my feet.

I could see through bulkheads people further along than I was, as if the walls where invisible at times.

That's about it.

That's IT?  Lord, if that was all people were unhappy about the game would be nigh on perfect.  You're complaining about trivia, when there could be REAL improvements made.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Originally posted by Dibdabs

That's about it.

That's IT?  Lord, if that was all people were unhappy about the game would be nigh on perfect.  You're complaining about trivia, when there could be REAL improvements made.

He was asked for the top 3. So he gave 3. So that doesnt automatically mean he didnt have more reasons >< Who knows how many reasons he has, maybe 25. Not to mention that what is gamebreakable to you, can be very personal.

• Riptide69Riptide69 Member Posts: 45

That's about it.

Ummm, excuse me, that isn't trivia to ME.  It underlies a fundamental issue to ME.  And yes, there is alot more issues, that I don't care to discuss.  Who the hell are you to know what's trivia to me ?  

I am satisfied with the responses I have received thus far.  Basically it's hasn't gone through any fundamental design change.  In other words there wasn't any significant changes prior to launch since I played it in open beta.

• koopa11988koopa11988 Member Posts: 68

That's about it.

Ummm, excuse me, that isn't trivia to ME.  It underlies a fundamental issue to ME.  And yes, there is alot more issues, that I don't care to discuss.  Who the hell are you to know what's trivia to me ?  

I am satisfied with the responses I have received thus far.  Basically it's hasn't gone through any fundamental design change.  In other words there wasn't any significant changes prior to launch since I played it in open beta.

I never had the specific problems you described, although there were some issues on planets where I could see through the bottom. I played the first four days or so of open beta, then started playing again at head start. Heres some changes I noticed (or at least perceived):

Ground combat is much more fluid (although still not great and nowhere near perfect, it has definitely been improved).

Leveling (ranking up) seems to go quicker, which is good because the reason I stopped playing in open beta is because it made you stay with the first ship for to long before you actually got to make your choice (of ship).

The bugs involving open grouping seem to be gone and grouping doesn't make the missions exponentially more difficult. There is definitely an increase in enemies and enemy strength, but it makes it a lot more fun and hectic. Grouping now is great (for space battles)

Misc. other bugs have also been resolved.

I'll sum it up like this, in open beta I thought "well, that was a waste, not going to play this" but now in head start I'm thinking that it could last, at least a month/two to give it a geniune shot because so far I'm generally enjoying myself. 

• Maverz290Maverz290 Member Posts: 447

The problems you stated are generally found in beta's in all games. I myself have had no problems with the game, bar that once in beta. The que last night was annoying but they were busy fixing the server so we'll see how that goes.

Graphics have improved ever so slightly. Phaser beams are slimmer and look better for it. Space combat has only been made more fluid and enjoyable. Ground combat is still second to space combat but it always will be. I've seen alot less bugs whilst roaming around in my travels. All in all its improved. It will only get better. Give it another month though mate, you'll skip most of the server trouble and have a much better experience.

Longing for Skyrim, The Old Republic and Mass Effect 3

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

Oh for fraks sake...After all these years do people really mean this when they post?

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

There was only 100Mb of patch since Ob closed and Headstart started.  I dont see any difference in headstart other than they fixed the "spawn as ship on the ground" bug.

Servers are crashing everyday in headstart.  On Sunday the servers crashed 4 times and each time it is down about 2 hours.  The game just now crashed and we only have 7 hours until it launches.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

I'd recommend you wait a month or so, let them get the first big post launch patch in with the new content and then make a return. I suspect you'll enjoy the game a whole lot more.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• nikoliathnikoliath Member UncommonPosts: 1,154
    Originally posted by Kyleran

I'd recommend you wait a month or so, let them get the first big post launch patch in with the new content and then make a return. I suspect you'll enjoy the game a whole lot more.

THIS. And by then they may have a new hamster for the server or upgraded from netscapes 1994 email server that they must be using. ATM the server is up and down like a whore's drawers!

As for significant changes since OB? No not really other than bug squashing etc. Do you mean significant BUG fixing or actual changes to the game? If the latter you will be out of luck for a while i think.

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

In the last 8 days they took away my ground auto-fire.

/nerdrage

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

OB was waaaaaay too short, now any content or patches you see will be untested garbage thrown to the live servers as you pay to beta test for them