Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA Plagiarized Lineage 3

Comments

• MollowMollow Member Posts: 66

TERA looks great, I hope it will be released in some way. And if the game were to be sold by Bluehole, I hope it will be a good game company that will further develop it and hopefully stay on the same path as the Bluehole guys intended.

Concerning the stolen codes etc; bad bad bad.

Didnt Bluehole get a 30 mil. sponsorship recently?

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by Baggs

Originally posted by drbaltazar

lol !lets say the investor invested 500 million in blue.you do know that money is invested there so blue make awsome game.
    not to steal code from different company to release new game,and certainly not to go to court against ncsoft .
    the way it stand right now either way ncsoft wins.if blue end up winning in court the lose the investor if they lose in court they lose the investor and the the code they stole plus some money
    either way only one company look good in this deal its ncsoft .and no investor want to be branded as a crook
    i bet those investor didnt know about blue being sued because some in there had stolen stuff from ncosft.
    if they had known they probably wouldnt have invested there since there are countless other mmo maker with better reputation
    and very good game.

Breath slowly NCsoft fanboy, we don't want you to run out of oxygen now do we?

You're here, in full-on bleeding heart mode, defending BlueHole studios for a crime - yes, a crime - which they have been rightfully accused and penalized for... and you have the nerve to call anyone else a fanboy?

Wow.

NCsoft showed their real face once again.

Yes. They're a *business* with an interest in protecting what is rightfully theirs - like any other business would do.

So yeah, NCsoft couldn't care less about the "stolen code" they only went at it for the money.

Really? Provide your source that shows this to be true...

The verdict only included the 1.7 million USD fine the "thieves" were charged with.

Not "thieves". Thieves. When you steal something, you are a thief. The individuals stole something that belonged to someone else. The courts didn't find them guilty of some hypothetical bad deed. The courts didn't award NC the decision because "NC needs the money". BlueHole were found guilty because they *stole* someone else's property. Period. FFS, man... It's not like theft is some ambiguous, complicated concept.

If they did actually care about any portion of code, they would have asked for it to be removed from TERA.

... and you know for a fact they didn't? Source please?

Face it, NCsoft is going downhill.

No, actually NCSoft isn't.

This is from an article late last year:

"Today the Korean MMO publisher announced its second-quarter and first-half earnings, noting that net income was up a whopping 451% in Q2, totaling 33.75 billion Korean won (US$27.3 million). Sales were up 70% to 137.77 billion Korean won. Operating profit was also way up, climbing 353% to 47.5 billion won

Aion, which launched last November in Korea and this July in Japan and Taiwan, brought in 40.6 billion Korean won. Lineage II wasn't far behind, generating 37.36 billion Korean won, followed by the first Lineage at 27.48 billion Korean won. City of Heroes, City of Villains, Guild Wars and others made up the remaining sales."

NC are doing just fine. Sorry to ruin your fantasy, but the facts don't support it.

Should i remind you the "leaked" code of Lineage 2 six years ago?

Is this a rhetorical question? Or have you not been reading the thread that closely?

Now if you have a basket and you put apples in it and then they keep falling out of a hole at the side, then there is definitely something wrong with your basket not the apples.

You are trying way too hard to rationalize this, and your analogy is far from valid. We're not talking about something that "keeps happening" and we're not talking about a basket of apples.

It's very obvious that you have a problem with NCSoft. It's equally clear you have some kind of nurturing mother-like concern for BlueHole and don't want to see them get a boo-boo. But the glib nature of your arguments are not helping your case, at all. Not that you have much of one to begin with.

Now lets please leave this story at that, its honestly old news as someone else pointed out.

Umm... no. This is a discussion thread, and this ordeal with NC and BlueHole is the topic of discussion. You are free to stop following it at any time, however, if it's bothering you.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• Lille7Lille7 Member Posts: 301

nha its not about money!the truth is if any big mmo maker let something as obvious as this slide
    they might as well close door,since any company could stell code and reduce 4 years of coding to 12 month
    why do you think lot of company buy crysis engine(ubisoft)because the hard part is done already
    take their newest crysis 3 or whaever its called it as all the feature needed for a brand new mmo
    so the mmo make can focus on designing their game instead of building from scratch since we all know
    not many code builder can make smooth engine,very often company buy the engine
    why didnt blue buy an engine instead the truth is this was an occasion to big to miss.
    they got caught now they should accept the penalty.

LOL, maybe you should do some research before you post. TERA is licensing an engine, Unreal Engine 3. So it's not about the engine code.

• LeucrottaLeucrotta Member Posts: 679
    Originally posted by Lille7

LOL, maybe you should do some research before you post. TERA is licensing an engine, Unreal Engine 3. So it's not about the engine code.

Ofc they licenced Unreal 3, Lineage 3 was also on the Unreal 3 engine

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228
    Originally posted by Leucrotta

actually the tera code is built ON unreal 3. doesnt make it Unreal 3 tho... which is where ncsoft comes in.

long story short. people took code they worked on for another company to a company they made. which is illegal.

old company goes WTFPWN and kicks their ass in court.  so no point worrying about that detail. the main thing is...will tera beable to launch in english in its current state or will they have to scrap it and recomplile it on a totally new set of code?

that is what i want to know... i really dont get why everyone is so hungup on the code stuff... judge found them guilty so code is least of the equation now..

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Ichmen

actually the tera code is built ON unreal 3. doesnt make it Unreal 3 tho... which is where ncsoft comes in.

long story short. people took code they worked on for another company to a company they made. which is illegal.

old company goes WTFPWN and kicks their ass in court.  so no point worrying about that detail. the main thing is...will tera beable to launch in english in its current state or will they have to scrap it and recomplile it on a totally new set of code?

that is what i want to know... i really dont get why everyone is so hungup on the code stuff... judge found them guilty so code is least of the equation now..

The fact that TERA uses the original L3 Unreal 3 engine code is the whole problem. NCSoft is known for completely rebuilding the engines they licence so that it works the way they want it.

Lineage II uses a completely modified Unreal (1 I thougth) engine and looks stunning for such an old engine.

Aion uses a completely modified CryTech (FarCry) engine and it has superb performance.

My guess is that the remodeling of the Unreal 3 engine for L3 was of the same quality of the remodeling NCSoft did for Aion's CryTech engine.

So you see why everyone here is so upset with the stolen code. If BluehOle should indeed remove the stolen L3 code, then their complete TERA will fall and look like "yet an other MMO".

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

Well, I think NC is pretty used to be copied and plagiarized, I mean, Lineage 2 had like what, 500 clones?

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by Reizla

Originally posted by Ichmen

The fact that TERA uses the original L3 Unreal 3 engine code is the whole problem. NCSoft is known for completely rebuilding the engines they licence so that it works the way they want it.

Lineage II uses a completely modified Unreal (1 I thougth) engine and looks stunning for such an old engine.

Just a quick correction here... Lineage 2 uses a very modified Unreal 2 Engine :-p

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

lol!1.7 billion $!if that company as to pay that tera will never get released nobody in their right mind would release this and accept to pay it will be cheapper to build a new game.espacially since todays game need these 3 techno to be considered massive
    dx11
    microsoft donnybrook
    64 bit
    i doubt l3 code had any of those so its not worth 1.7 billion $
    i do hope tho that korea stay very firm in this ruling since the offence them selves are very crippling for any game maker be it
    ncsoft or any other brand name.what those guys did WAS illegal and criminal always need to be punished way more severly then just the slap on the wrist korea court gave employe.the fine is ok .its the 1.5 year in prison that is too little
    since it take around 4 years to dev a game they should have been sentenced to 4 year in prison!

I don't know what world you live on but they haven't even perfected dx10 yet, let alone it's not even used enough to be a standard, dx9 is. I don't see donnybrook going anywhere, in fact it will soon be forgotten. Is there 64 bits apps? Sure but once again not widely supported and sure as hell not a standard yet.

Look I know you are trying to act smart, but if you knew anything about computer technologies you'd know that technology is always further along than the actual development of software. It has always been this way and will continue to do so. Very few companies jump on something new unless they see it as a critical improvement or worth the time and money.

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • LurvLurv Member UncommonPosts: 409

At this point I don't even care anymore about the whole NC vs Bluehole ordeal. I just want to see TERA come out at some point this year.

Getting too old for this $&17!

• Kaliber13Kaliber13 Member Posts: 39

Dont you guys get tired of arguing? Anyway ncsoft is an alright company... But, I would much rather see bhs release tera this year. Tera gonna be a sick ass game. Plus if the guy that stole the code actually was the one who made it then i see nuttin wrong. Stupid laws n shit. Only there so the rich can get richer.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

i think its safe to say ncsoft might have used another engine builder for the last time !they will probably do their own engine from now on will be way more versatile and wont be copied as easy since the code will stay inhouse.they had so much problem like this other company copying the way they do check perfect world they use warlock pet(the female in wow)as sound effect in pwi and countless other stop they shortened the sound so it isnt has obvious but it is the wow sound

i dont think their next generation of game in 3 years will use any engine but the one made inhouse either trough

arenanet,ncsoft and all other branch of nsoft

it would probably simplifie a lot of stuff!

poster 98 !a game using main stuff from another (in this case ncsoft)never work smoothly why

because a lot of stuff wasnt in the game when they left and the stuff that isnt there will have to be patched

.its like asking ferary to make a nice car their builder go to lada with the plan from the new car without material

and all other spec.yes they will try to make that car but it wont be a joy ride when you hop in the car

it will bhe more like a tractor ride ,when you plow the field.same thing for tera will happens.then they ll find all kind of excuse like of we had issue etc of caurse you had issue lol you ll have 50% more issue then if you would have made your own !

i couldnt care less anyway i wont play it ,and im not the only one that feel this way .

• daydreamerxxdaydreamerxx Member UncommonPosts: 178

I feel NCSoft should go rott in a hole for this.  Their rep is getting worse and worse as the years have gone by. Sueing over a games tech that got cancelled is just plain retarded.  and its not so much stealing if they developed it themselves in the first place.

Originally posted by Vardahoth

Well I personally was hoping it to be released by bluehole. If it's sold to NCSoft I wont play it because it will just be another farmer/botter game. Personally I think NCSoft is scarred to have competition and this is their way of crushing it. I see nothing wrong if a person is spending his life making a game then decides to leave a poorly lead company to give the game he was working on a chance for everyone to have fun on. I hope the employees of ncsoft get hit by a tsunami and bolts of lightning.

mm!you get the right for something!your friend steal it even tho you told him it was dear to you

you still think its right!some have a hard time accepting the fact that you dont sign a contract if you dont want to work for someone else ,you open you own shot (well that wouldnt work for you would it since you dont have money .

one thing is sure this means its alright if i go take your wie ,your tv ,your not cool anyway so its not big deal

its basicly what your saying!dude!just because its digital doesnt make it alright..

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

When your in a company you have signed a contract that everything done with the copyright of x company it belongs to that company and can't be used for private use.

Even if lineage 3 was canceled the coding is for that game they had no right on using it without buying it for another project.

So by your words since you hate ncsoft if they wanted to continue lineage 3 they would just need to start again from scrach right? talking about retardness...

• LeucrottaLeucrotta Member Posts: 679

Second the defendants created the source code themselves.

Dusnt change the fact that whatever they created/worked on was in order of NCSoft who are the owners of whatever is created during the period of time they were employed by NCSoft.

Also L3 didnt get cancelled but started over from scratch because of this incident.

NCSoft wheter you like them or not had the right to sue them.

Dusnt change the fact that whatever they created/worked on was in order of NCSoft who are the owners of whatever is created during the period of time they were employed by NCSoft.

Also L3 didnt get cancelled but started over from scratch because of this incident.

yep im happy ncsoft sued them!and its not for the money !its because the crook got to be PUNISHED as much as the law will

permit ,so that other smaller start up game dont end up with situation like this and will be left in the dark

i m happy so if one day i start a company i meet a drug addict that hide it well,and he decide to steal the game code company have been working for 3 years ,small guy like countless other are often the victim of company like blue

i played ncsoft and mostly they are nice ,they are asian(grinder)so they arent my cup of tea but they are a fair company.compared to blue.ncsoft dont twist any arm that you work for them lol.you dont want to sign the binding contract

go turn hamburger  at mcdonald

i played ncsoft and mostly they are nice ,they are asian(grinder)so they arent my cup of tea but they are a fair company.

I had to LOL at this:

Lineage 2 community uniting together attempting to get rid of cheaters - http://www.l2guru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33758

Statement letter from the community of Lineage 2 - http://www.l2guru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33170

Frustration of NCSoft 0 customer support - http://theangelsbg.16.forumer.com/a/important-l2guru-vs-ncsoftquotbringing-ncsoft-to-the-m_post217.html

Corruption of NCSoft - http://www.ripoffreport.com/internet/ncsoft/ncsoft-bans-account-claimed-us-5bfe8.htm

Statement from an NCSoft gm about bots - http://www.ripoffreport.com/software/ncsoft/ncsoft-lineage-ripoff-2-bots-f-9q7ac.htm

bot is very hard to get rid of!check zam.com and all the affiliate that got baught by the bot industry .its big business

there arent many gold seller but they break all mmo.check  silkroad online and most f2p game

korea even made it legal to be a gold seller .so where you think zam and all the other countless gold seller will go they ll go to korea.its sad but its the truth.its not more the fault of ncsoft then blizzard .in blizzard it just look better because there is no store

outside its only an auction house but dont delude your self into thinking there are less bot in wow there are 100 maybe a 1000 more bot in wow then most game.

ncosoft should just boot the personal store system and just use auction house .there wouldnt be less bot but

it would look better from the outside.

aion i know how they work tho!i dont know how l2 work since its not my cup of tea!but in aion you report  ignore said gold seller and as soon as ncsoft investigated and the gold seller was a gold seller they ban him,his account etc said player need to buy another copy.when gm ban someone you see it if your around why!you see a big radius blast where the gold seller was before being bown to smitereens.when that happen even your account is blown!

why do you think now gold seller changed their tactic.game buying adds up very quick so instead they try now to steal info account of a player they even pay the monthly of said player account till they get caught then they steal another account

(or at least they try to steal info)thats aion .l2 is so old maybe ncsoft didnt sned aion way of doing things

since aion in english speaking country is managed by arenanet.and those guys do stuf their own way!but your right

ncsoft could at least copy the bot banning of aion and apply it to all their title.we ll see how futur goes!

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Lol same excuses they must work for them if they defende them my god...

If it wasn't for ncsoft the coding that is in tera would have never been created and tera if ever created would have been different then what it is now.

Even if the coders did the coding and ncsoft ordered them to create such things for lineage so it still belongs to them wheter you like them or not.

Putting those silly link about botting has nothing to do with plagirazation because it could have been the worse company in the world that got plagiarized of a project you can't change the fact that it's illegal to steal codes that has copyright of x company to use it for something without their permission.

nha i dont work for them but i try to be fair  and balanced  and neutral for gamer and company

Originally posted by bloodaxes

Lol same excuses they must work for them if they defende them my god...
    If it wasn't for ncsoft the coding that is in tera would have never been created and tera if ever created would have been different then what it is now.
    Even if the coders did the coding and ncsoft ordered them to create such things for lineage so it still belongs to them wheter you like them or not.
    Putting those silly link about botting has nothing to do with plagirazation because it could have been the worse company in the world that got plagiarized of a project you can't change the fact that it's illegal to steal codes that has copyright of x company to use it for something without their permission.

The coding still would have been created, just under a different company. Those silly links just proves that the statement ncsoft is a fair company is complete and utter BS.

fair was put out of context!when i say fair ! i say fair compared to blue.meaning mcsoft didnt steal or used code copied or stolen from ncsoft .that was my context of fair to begin with .but he took what i said and used it in a completely unrelated topic

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Have you seen any footage of Lineage 3?
    There is nothing out there to compare the two games and go like "TERA is an L3 clone, they stole the SDK !"

I watched several TERA videos and i don't see anything screaming out loud "HEY THIS TEXTURE IS STOLEN FROM NCSOFT"

The lawsuit isn't about textures or art assets. It's about code, Baggs - something that you cannot see in a video. You can't say that since they look nothing alike they are not using the same code because in that light I present to you, Thief and Lineage 2.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Originally posted by Loktofeit

Have you seen any footage of Lineage 3?
    There is nothing out there to compare the two games and go like "TERA is an L3 clone, they stole the SDK !"

I watched several TERA videos and i don't see anything screaming out loud "HEY THIS TEXTURE IS STOLEN FROM NCSOFT"

The lawsuit isn't about textures or art assets. It's about code, Baggs - something that you cannot see in a video. You can't say that since they look nothing alike they are not using the same code because in that light I present to you, Thief and Lineage 2.

aonther exemple!crysis and aion!same code but very diff texture !