Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Word on the Mortal Online game manual (sort of)

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988

Straight from the Community Manager:

Addressing the lack of a "manual" and the outdated client.

A manual of the game does not make that much sense at this point really and it would have only suffered the fate of the client on the DVD - meaning it would almost certainly be outdated by the time it was delivered.

We made it clear numerous times that a) the client on the DVD would be outdated by the time the boxes arrive and b) everybody who wants a version of the release client delivered again will get the option to do so once we release the game.

We are currently working on something like a "manual", basically a very nice and thorough pdf explaining the basic systems of the game, the world and other things.

We will make this available on the website as soon as it's done and of course keep this up to date.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• GamesmithGamesmith Member Posts: 67

Who actually reads manuals anymore really? I've never read the manual for an MMO. I, like many others I assume, prefer to discover the game mechanics as I play.

That said however, MO NEEDS a manual. I've been playing MMOs for 13 years and this game is confusing as fuck. The ingame help sucks.

• jango1337jango1337 Member Posts: 217

those boxes are just placeholders just like the game don't worry the real stuff will be here soon! SV is going to flip a switch and make it all better!!! rofl bad game

• sickansickan Member Posts: 166

Lol. Well, I do not need a manual for it. I try my way, and usually succeed. If not, there are forums and irc and I got what I searched for.

Regarding the dvd and that it is outdated. Well, ofcourse it is. It does not matter if they would give you the same client as when released, one week after it will get outdated as well. That is why there are patching systems built ^^

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
    Originally posted by sickan

Regarding the dvd and that it is outdated. Well, ofcourse it is. It does not matter if they would give you the same client as when released, one week after it will get outdated as well. That is why there are patching systems built ^^

The client on the DVD cannot be patched....

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

They should have never made those boxes, that is ridiculous.  For those that want proof this is legit

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712
    Originally posted by Gamesmith

Who actually reads manuals anymore really? I've never read the manual for an MMO. I, like many others I assume, prefer to discover the game mechanics as I play.
    That said however, MO NEEDS a manual. I've been playing MMOs for 13 years and this game is confusing as fuck. The ingame help sucks.

i read manuals great for killing time in the bathroom,something to read at lunchbreak etc hell i remeber when i got factions and nightfall and had to work so on lunchbreak i read the lore book of em besides not enough ppl read manuals anymore and wonder why they cant do something but then its always why they put in keyboard layouts for those who just want to jump straight in

did the box include anything like that at all? what was inside a box just a dvd ?

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988

Not everyone have gotten their box yet.. no one I know has gotten it.  Inside however is just a single DVD. No papers.. nothing but a single DVD with a client that cannot be patched... so it is useless. they may as well have sent an empty box.

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Not everyone have gotten their box yet.. no one I know has gotten it.  Inside however is just a single DVD. No papers.. nothing but a single DVD with a client that cannot be patched... so it is useless. they may as well have sent an empty box.

i guess they didnt think cd-keys are needed or at least some keyboard layout

epic fail sounds like

• Cristina1Cristina1 Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Originally posted by joker007mo

epic fail sounds like

keyboard layout is available through in game options. pressing "H" in game will open up a tab with explanations for all sorts of things. "Press "H" for help" flashes on the screen every time you login.

CD key is irrelevant, why would you need it in an MMO? Game client is FREE, you pay for an account.

[Mod Edit]

• Padre-AdamoPadre-Adamo Member Posts: 61

I, unfortunately, am a sucker. I, among some friends, bought the limited edition loot bag. Wow. What a waste of money on this garbage. I understand the game is "beta." That excuse doesn't hold much water anymore but anyway...

I bought the game. I accept I made a mistake. I was scammed and I will NOT be trying to do a chargeback as it was my own fault for buying this garbage. My advice to anyone considering this game... stay away. Support Darkfall instead. I was a huge opponent of Darkfall but after buying the game it's simply much better and you will not get scammed. I really wish Mortal Online gets on its feet at some point but I just do not see that happening.

In short, stay away from Starvault and Mortal Online. I continue to wait to receive my limited edition loot bag in the mail. I suspect I'll be waiting a while. 

Originally posted by Cristina1

Originally posted by joker007mo

epic fail sounds like

keyboard layout is available through in game options. pressing "H" in game will open up a tab with explanations for all sorts of things. "Press "H" for help" flashes on the screen every time you login. YOU sir fail at commenting without even playing in beta.

CD key is irrelevant, why would you need it in an MMO? Game client is FREE, you pay for an account.

guild wars aion wow list goes on and on gw client is free but you activate the acct with a cd key and so what its in options should still be at least a peice of paper saying get in game press h or something not nothng

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558
    Originally posted by Padre-Adamo

I, unfortunately, am a sucker. I, among some friends, bought the limited edition loot bag. Wow. What a waste of money on this garbage. I understand the game is "beta." That excuse doesn't hold much water anymore but anyway...
    I bought the game. I accept I made a mistake. I was scammed and I will NOT be trying to do a chargeback as it was my own fault for buying this garbage. My advice to anyone considering this game... stay away. Support Darkfall instead. I was a huge opponent of Darkfall but after buying the game it's simply much better and you will not get scammed. I really wish Mortal Online gets on its feet at some point but I just do not see that happening.
    In short, stay away from Starvault and Mortal Online. I continue to wait to receive my limited edition loot bag in the mail. I suspect I'll be waiting a while. 

you wasnt scammed holy shit. you will get your loot bag and stuff by release. probly sooner.

game gets better every patch. but it still needs a few months it hink but it was delayed longer so it will help

• Newbielol123Newbielol123 Member Posts: 1

I would have to agree with this.

These new generation, of trying to be fun sandbox games are utterly failing! Making the term sand box a forgotten type of online world. I remember the good old days of UO beta. Will we ever get a 3d Sand BOX game that is fun?

GOD I hate quests. Don't make me have to play a quest game by screwing up the sandbox and letting warcraft be the leet of what it is to be a mmo.