Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: What We Know

2»

Comments

• Krn_AssassinKrn_Assassin Member Posts: 581

Why won't Ncsoft just focus on one MMO. They're releasing Metal Black Alternative, Steel Dog, Blade&Soul and GW2. Insane. Not to mention they just released Aion and will be working on it's Vision expansion. They have three of the top 5 most subscribed MMO of all time (Aion, L1, L2). They'll push GW2 for 2011.

• shhwolf17shhwolf17 Member Posts: 146

Man what a great article OP...its always nice to find out more about the game and prepare us for the future...I sure hope it comes out late 2010 or early 2011 not any later...

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578
    Originally posted by Krn_Assassin

Why won't Ncsoft just focus on one MMO. They're releasing Metal Black Alternative, Steel Dog, Blade&Soul and GW2. Insane. Not to mention they just released Aion and will be working on it's Vision expansion. They have three of the top 5 most subscribed MMO of all time (Aion, L1, L2). They'll push GW2 for 2011.

NCSoft is not developing the game, they are just the distributers.

Originally posted by arenasb

I thought Arenanet is a subsidiary of Ncsoft. Nc owns Arenanet no? Isn't Chris Chung the CEO of NCwest now?

• LeucrottaLeucrotta Member Posts: 679
    Originally posted by Loke666

That is not such a big problem as it was in Gw, in the first game the name was unique but here there will be different servers so you can probably just use the name on another server. I am not sure how it will work, if your name will be reserved on a specific server or what?

From what i have read about gw2 is that you are not bound to a server so not sure if you can have duplicate names across the servers.

I thought Arenanet is a subsidiary of Ncsoft. Nc owns Arenanet no? Isn't Chris Chung the CEO of NCwest now?

They are but ArenaNet is soley developing this game themselves. The point is that no resources have been diverted from NCSoft, from other games, to develop GW2. The only thing that NCSoft will do is distribute the game and provide server support.

• noob-gamernoob-gamer Member Posts: 81

is that aricle going to be updated as more info comes out

They are but ArenaNet is soley developing this game themselves. The point is that no resources have been diverted from NCSoft, from other games, to develop GW2. The only thing that NCSoft will do is distribute the game and provide server support.

really aren't there ncsoft workers working in arenanet now that it is under the property of ncsoft? u should check the credits when it releases.

really aren't there ncsoft workers working in arenanet now that it is under the property of ncsoft? u should check the credits when it releases.

Dont think so otherwise they would work for Anet?

Check Guild Wars 1 credits if you want to be sure, Anet is owned by NCSoft since 2002

Originally posted by Leucrotta

Check Guild Wars 1 credits if you want to be sure, Anet is owned by NCSoft since 2002

Chris Chung, the highest exec in Anet became the CEO of Ncwest. The other creators were assigned positions in Ncwest as well. Like I said, look at the GW credits. Ncwest = Arenanet. Ncsoft is the big daddy.

Originally posted by Leucrotta

Chris Chung, the highest exec in Anet became the CEO of Ncwest. The other creators were assigned positions in Ncwest as well. Like I said, look at the GW credits. Ncwest = Arenanet. Ncsoft is the big daddy.

ok

Still doesn't take away the fact that ANet is in complete control of the Guild Wars franchise. I'm not sure what your point here is.

NCWest isnt Anet, Chris Chung dusnt work for Anet anymore. Nor does Jeff Strain, who left NCSoft anyways to start making games again.

Might as well say NCWest is Blizzard then as they worked there.

But i dont see what the point is with them being in the credits anyways, they probably are as they worked at GW2 before they went to NCSoft.

NCSoft always been the big daddy, they own the stuff.

Only difference now with GW1 they reported to NCSoft and with GW2 they report to NCWest.

• JoePesciJoePesci Member Posts: 12

Nice compilation of information on that site.

I was very happy when I learned that the game is solo-able.

But... I just closed that site and said bye to GW2 when I read that "PVP is ALWAYS consensual".

Why are others allowed to run around in GOD MODE? Untouchable? Why is it so difficult to create two server types, one where PK is possible and one where it is not... I don't get it. Really.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Originally posted by JoePesci

Nice compilation of information on that site.
    I was very happy when I learned that the game is solo-able.
    But... I just closed that site and said bye to GW2 when I read that "PVP is ALWAYS consensual".
    Why are others allowed to run around in GOD MODE? Untouchable? Why is it so difficult to create two server types, one where PK is possible and one where it is not... I don't get it. Really.

Because this game is about PvP, not PK.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky