Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can crafters still make a decent living?

Armisael191Armisael191 Member Posts: 162

When I used to play, miners/smiths could never go out into the field and have to fight, could buy a house, mine and craft all day, and make a living.

Can you still do this?

Comments

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

No, well yes but not as naturally as it once was.

For armor you could do Bods (You craft items for NPCs for rewards) and hope you get really lucky to get a good reward to craft armor people use. You could do bods only for gold, but that is boring and was only intended to help crafters making money during training - some stupid designer then took these bods to link the best rewards to it

You could enhance stuff, but for that you need someone to hunt you items so you can craft good items.

Basically crafting in UO either is a grind (bods) or you need to do lots of Pve for ressources for imbuing. The time where crafters were known and a common playstyle are gone in this version of UO.

• Armisael191Armisael191 Member Posts: 162

That's so depressing, to say the least :(

Some of the most fun I had in UO was being a blacksmith.

• scalsscals Member Posts: 6

I completely agree. My first character was a miner/smith and it was actually hard to get GM blacksmith. This was all before EasyUO and that other garbage, ya know, with the smithing menu looking like that scrolling thing on the top left of the screen. God that was a terrible thing to click on ten thousand times.

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

Crafting in UO was the best crafting I've ever seen in an MMORPG.  I had a blast crafting and actually played my crafter as much as my main.  I enjoyed keeping the two seperate.  As stated above, this style is no longer in UO or any other MMO on the market that I know of anyway.