Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

READ FIRST: Phishing e-mails

SurethSureth Member UncommonPosts: 69

As you may already know, many e-mails are sent out daily hoping to scam you into putting your account info into a fradulent site, thus stealing your account info and possibly more. I have put together a small list that may help you protect yourself with two simple tips.

•  First, never open any suspicious e-mail URL links from NCsoft. They will never ask you to "verify" yourself, link you to their website, or ask you to type in your account details. You can usually tell the e-mail is a fake when you hover your mouse over the www.aiononline.com/us/ site and it instead shows on the bottom of your browser something similar, but not the actual site. I.E. www.aiononlinee.com/us/

•  Secondly, if you are not sure that the e-mail is a fake you can do two simple things. Type the actual website into your browser yourself, log into your account and change the password. Next, you can then find the customer support number on the legitimate NCsoft site www.aiononline.com/us/.  You can then call them and ask them the status of your account.

With these easy tips you should be able to avoid this particular phishing scam.

Remember, check every URL you click.

The sites as follows are the only legitimate Aion sites:

North America: www.aiononline.com/us/

Japan: aionbbs.plaync.jp

Korea: aion.plaync.co.kr/

Europe: eu.aiononline.com/

Taiwan: aion.plaync.com.tw

If you have anything to add, please feel free to respond to this thread. If you simply have a question concerning an e-mail you have recieved that you might think is fraudulent, feel free to ask it here and I or another helpful player will assist you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

ty for the list of legal link since not many supply link from variouys part of the world!ty again!

• Angelipity35Angelipity35 Member Posts: 14

I got an email that warns me about email hacking blah blah. I was just wondering is it safe to open that email? Just reading it? Just want to know when is the point of danger when it comes to email hacks/viruses.

• SurethSureth Member UncommonPosts: 69

It's safe to just open an e-mail. However, be sure not to click on any links or open any attachments.

Some sites however can install a keylogger on your account by just going to them. I use the Firefox NoScript add-on and that takes care of that problem.

• Angelipity35Angelipity35 Member Posts: 14

thanks for clearing things with the email. but, what? sites can install keyloggers?

that is new to me. how would i know if my pc has been installed with a keylogger? can anti-viruses detect that? 

• SurethSureth Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Originally posted by Angelipity35

thanks for clearing things with the email. but, what? sites can install keyloggers?
    that is new to me. how would i know if my pc has been installed with a keylogger? can anti-viruses detect that? 

Sites can install keyloggers and other malacious software through scripts via html, java and the like. It's incredibly easy to avoid these however, by just going to trusted sites that you yourself know to be safe.

If you insist on protection from these attacks and use Firefox then the NoScript addon is a good idea.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722

You can allow scripts to run only on sites you trust. It may however mess up some sites scripts even if you allow them, so that might be an issue.

Now, about antivirus software. There are a lot of free ones out there that can detect trojans along with viruses. My suggestion is to research around on the internet for a good reliable one, since the choice is yours.

• MNZebaMNZeba Member Posts: 254

Finally got a phishing email. Totally obvious. I was like O_o.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

Originally posted by Sureth

It's safe to just open an e-mail. However, be sure not to click on any links or open any attachments.

Some sites however can install a keylogger on your account by just going to them. I use the Firefox NoScript add-on and that takes care of that problem.

ho nice info didnt know this i ll try that right away!

• scholesscholes Member UncommonPosts: 75

Another give away is the fact that your account name is not mentioned in the email, which it is in the official emails.

• killkoolkillkool Member UncommonPosts: 83

More phising first WOW now AION. WOw they have terminated now this must i ignore it or do more too terminated that too

Aion password reset, and then with a link verify your pasword. From NC-soft hotmail adress?? gives you too think.

I do not play Aion never will play it. Aion very like WOW where I also get a keylogger that account which also do not have has be closed. I have very good internetconnection over 60MB so that 6mb upload.

This mail just goes too the bin.

AK