Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Be Seriously Concerned.

2»

Comments

• brando13184brando13184 Member UncommonPosts: 67

Originally posted by RPGPorkster

"* 3D scenes are limited in the amount of polygons and are basic in structure. One example http://www.realmsofkrel.com/screenshots/55.jpg. Examine the one dimension of walls. Screen shots maybe mock ups."
    Well it seems that the screen shot was taken down. As you know most games use one dimensional walls, but not where gamers experience the other side or when game objects are to portray a solid world item.

Well, before you start ripping on a game, maybe you should learn how basic URLs work.  Take the period off of the end of that URL and you just might be able to see the screenshot.  Get your facts straight before you start pretending to be concerned about the well-being of other gamers. 

What did the dev team ever do to you for you to start "crying wolf" against them?

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    It's so funny how people are so quick to judge a game prior to its release based on the fact that the developer isn't forthcoming with answers to every question that is posted on their forums, or when they chose to restrict the amount of video and screenshots.  So what if the developer's get defensive about their project.  So what if they dont release alot of information about their game.  It is their game btw, not yours.  If you don't like it, then there are plenty of other games.

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Originally posted by RPGPorkster

Thanks guys for the support.
    We don't want to shoot games down in flames but we also don't want to be shafted when buying them.

Cheers

Considering that most of us have boxes of games in our closets that we have paid money for and played for mere hours or days, your concern over my 30 dollars is truly touching. Seems to me all you have is some malicious speculations here which mean no more than a rabid fanbois opinions. You are going to look pretty foolish if the game does turn out decent now aren't you? Just as the rabid fanbois will look foolish if you are even semi correct.

On one hand I have not preordered myself, however on the other I am not going to start slamming the game when I have no evidence as you seem to enjoy doing. I am just going to take the same stance on Mourning as I am on a number of other games which includes D&L, Vangard, Tabula Rosa, PoBS, and Imperator. I am going to wait to see for myself or get some information and facts from people that I trust rather than meaningless speculation on whether the game is good or bad.

Time will tell.

I miss DAoC

• -Inferno--Inferno- Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 325

DnL is not a rival game. It is vastly superior to Mourning, so I am not at all concerned :p
    However, our experience might be useful for those who are undecided and are thinking about buying the game or investing their time in it. I'd not recommend doing so and I've got a lot of experience with many MMORPGs. I guess so does RPGPorkster since he explained calmly why he thinks the game is not worth it, contrary to the fanbois who only flame valid opinions.

"Fire is never a gentle master..."

Hey Inferno, just out of curiosity do you have a link to D&L Stratics? I was just over at Stratics Central and there is no link to Dark and Light Stratics. Also it seems as if you changed horses pretty quick once Wish canceled, didn't you used to be a manager for one of their sites?

I miss DAoC

I was content manager of Wish Stratics. With Wish cancelled, I changed to Dark and Light. Dark and Light Stratics is not publicly launched yet. It is ready for launch, but we need to get a few things from the DnL devs, before we can launch. It will be soon :)

• darquenbladedarquenblade Member Posts: 1,015

Originally posted by vmoped
    It's so funny how people are so quick to judge a game prior to its release based on the fact that the developer isn't forthcoming with answers to every question that is posted on their forums, or when they chose to restrict the amount of video and screenshots. So what if the developer's get defensive about their project. So what if they dont release alot of information about their game. It is their game btw, not yours. If you don't like it, then there are plenty of other games.

It is their game btw, not yours. If you don't like it, then there are plenty of other games.

Actually, I think it is the other way around. The game is YOURS ultimately, because that is who they are making it for, right?

Don't get me wrong--I think that Mourning has quite a few intriguing ideas that it is bringing to the table, but I do agree with Inferno when it comes to the immaturity of the community manager. Sure, it's fine to get defensive about your game--but not on public forum. These people need to grow enough of a backbone to act professionally in the face of criticism, not jump right into the flames as well.

I suppose it shows that they are passionate about their game, but--do you see any other development teams acting like this? I know it's not the case, but every time I read a post by the community manager, I get this unshaking vision that he is a 14 year old foaming at the mouth ::::19::

It's all about professionalism.

• RPGPorksterRPGPorkster Member Posts: 77

Originally posted by brando13184

Well, before you start ripping on a game, maybe you should learn how basic URLs work...

Did I not state "Well it __seems__ that the screen shot was taken down."

Originally posted by vmoped
    It's so funny how people are so quick to judge a game prior to its release based on the fact that the developer isn't forthcoming with answers to every question that is posted on their forums...

Are the developers claiming this is a product?  If so then buyer beware, I would say.

We have a right to know about game before purchase.

Originally posted by -Inferno-

I was content manager of Wish Stratics. With Wish cancelled, I changed to Dark and Light. Dark and Light Stratics is not publicly launched yet. It is ready for launch, but we need to get a few things from the DnL devs, before we can launch. It will be soon :)

Personally I would not ever comment negatively on another game of the same genre then, it only makes you look like you are trying to sway people into buying your game of choice and is very unprofessional. I wonder if the D&L devs know that you are over here making comments on another games boards and how they would react if they knew.

As far as anything with Porksters name on it everyone who has been around the MMORPG community for any length of time is perfectly aware of his...errrr reputation and automatically discounts his posts as rubbish.

I miss DAoC

Well as I said, I have no intention with my post, besides stating what I think. What you make of it is up to you. And frankly, I don't care much what the DnL devs think about me posting here. I don't need their permission. I'm not an official representative for Dark and Light, so me posting here about Mourning is simply based on my experiences as a potential customer. That I'm managing a fansite for another game has no relevance whatsoever to me posting here.

That I'm managing a fansite for another game has no relevance whatsoever to me posting here.

Sure it doesn't. I bet you are not the least bit predjudiced are you LO Limage

I miss DAoC

I'm not. I'd wish Mourning the best of luck, if the game would inspire any confidence in me. It does not. That is not based on prejudice, but on personal experience on the Mourning forums and IRC. I'd not post my criticism here if it was not based on reason. Think what you want, my criticism is just as valid as anyone elses. Besides this, the site I'm managing is not even released yet and I'm with Dark and Light since a rather short time. I'm not yet in beta either, so I am not yet in "defense mode" about DnL ;)

Considering however that you are a Mourning fan, maybe you are prejudiced?

Considering however that you are a Mourning fan, maybe you are prejudiced?

If you have read any of my posts you will see that I myself have not pre ordered Mourning so how big of a fan I am remains to be seen. You and the Porkster though seem to have some agenda, and pardon me if I seriously doubt it is to keep people from "wasting their money" on the game. 

I guess it is just the libertarian in me that causes me to doubt anyone who claims to be looking out for me. Thanks for all your so called concern however I am old enough and smart enough and have been around long enough to look out for myself. I have a feeling that most everyone else here considers themselves just as smart and wordly and knowledgeable about MMORPG's as you seem to think you are and are equally insulted by your "I know better than you and I will look out for you attitudes".

Considering that you and Porkster know nothing more about the game than anyone else, and a heck of a lot less than the beta testers and devs you are just spouting ignorance. I myself am also looking at D&L however if you are going to be the content manager at Stratics, I will have to try and avoid that particular site seeing as how you seem to just be a rumor monger.

I miss DAoC

Feel free to. Nobody forces you and if stating my opinion openly is so horrible for you, then I guess I can live without you ;) *waves*

• RPGPorksterRPGPorkster Member Posts: 77

Originally posted by Jackdog

...You and the Porkster though seem to have some agenda

The only agenda I have is the search for good mmorpgames.

I asked Limitless Horizons to beta test for them so as to give a thumbs up that the game is coming, but they decided not to.   Still no public beta, either.

What can you say...

• bugmenbugmen Member Posts: 61

Originally posted by Jackdog

...You and the Porkster though seem to have some agenda

Lol the dev's wrote this wholle post how any one that would say anything negative is some gamming company trying to stop them. The fan boyz read and follow.

• hell-houndhell-hound Member Posts: 7
    RPG I support you all the way and this was excellent investigation.  I really do hope it turns out to be a **** so we can both laugh at those sad members at the Mourning site.