Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard shows off StarCraft II beta system requirements

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Insane beta requirements but oh so good.

We've seen quite a few system requirements for StarCraft II, many of which ended up being nothing more than baseless rumors, but these ... if these aren't legit, I'm done. Blizzard support for Europe has the system specs listed in full as if it's no big deal. It's StarCraft, so of course it's a big deal.

Minimum Requirements:

•Operating System - Windows XP/XP64 (Service Pack 3), Windows Vista/Vista64 (Service Pack 1), Windows 7 Home Premium

•Processor - Intel Pentium IV 1.3GHz, AMD XP 1500+

•Memory - (Windows XP) 512mb, (Windows Vista) 1024mb, (Windows 7) 1024mb

•Graphics - 3D graphics processor with Hardware Transform and Lighting with 32 MB VRAM

•such as an ATI Radeon 7200 or NVIDIA GeForce 2 class card or better

•Hard Drive - 15Gb of free space

•DirectX9.0c

Recommended Requirements:

•Processor - Intel Pentium D, AMD 64 X2

•Memory - (Windows XP) 1024mb, (Windows Vista) 2048mb, (Windows 7) 2048mb

•Graphics - 3D graphics processor with Vertex and Pixel Shader capability with 128 MB VRAM

•such as an ATI Radeon X1600 or NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT class card or better

It's worth noting this is specifically what you'll need to run the beta. I wouldn't be surprised if the full retail version of StarCraft II has slightly tweaked requirements. Also: wow, these are really low. What kind of magic are you pulling behind the scenes, guys?

Link : www.destructoid.com/blizzard-shows-off-starcraft-ii-beta-system-requirements-161969.phtml&mainnav=PC&mainnav=PC

Comments

• depaindepain Member Posts: 263

That game is not out yet?

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Wow those are some low specs, blizzard does know how to pull that off.

• AliothAlioth Member UncommonPosts: 236

At the bottom of the link it reads:

[Update: Guess we should have known they were too good to be true, eh? These specs aren't the real deal. Rather, they were meant to be a placeholder until Blizzard gets around to starting the beta.]

• kingtommyboykingtommyboy Member Posts: 543

Nice!

Blizz always keeps their specs low, that's a good thing, you can play their games even on your grandma's pc (so grandma will play it too! :D) I'm looking forward to try out the new starcraft, when will it come out?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    waiting for ... nothing..

• RoutverRoutver Member Posts: 383

I wouldn't doubt it, they're smart. PC games with very demanding system requirements aren't the best recipe for big sales.

Ask Crytek.

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

Well, I'll be damned, Blizz once again strikes with some of the lowest system specs I've seen for a modern game.

I wonder what the minimum will play in terms of settings and how it'll look. =P

• Blizzard are one of the masters of resource management