Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW (mmo) sickness !

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

I work for the Army and on temp duty sitting in a hotel in Colorado Springs for the last two months with one month to go.  It's beautiful here, weather is nice and did a lot of stuff around this city.  But for the last few weeks I find that I still have a lot of time on my hands. During my stay I played the free 23 day come back to EQ2, and found that EQ2 still sucks, I've been viewing the list of mmo's here on mmorpg.com for weeks trying to decide if I should re-play any other mmo on the list as I played most.  The answer to most is no.

Here is my list of possibles :

D&D Online- free to play, but I can't seem to go back ( been their,done that ).

Lotro- Wayyy to solo.

Allods Online- ftp beta, people seem to be enjoying it, but it will bite them in the ass in the long run with ftp.

Star Trek- some like the bata, but most say it sucks.

Global Agenda- release is soon, but most say it sucks.

Mortal Online- free bata starts tomorrow, don't need a key, just create an account and download it.  But close bata testers are saying their is absolutely no content, and very heavy bugs.

So to make a long story short EVERYTHING SUCKS AT THIS TIME.

Here is where my WoW sickness shows.  It's been months since I played WoW.  My play time is getting shorter each time as I can't stand it for more than 30 days at a time, yet I continue to think about it.  I have it all patched up, created a Battle Net Account, entered my credit card info and can't seem to hit the enter button.  I just can't take it anymore, within two days I would be saying what have I done, I can't stand this !

My credit card will expire after today, so its do or die. I'm sick like you people. It's flat out wrong to play video games like this and ignore life.  What should I do ?

Comments

• TyrantasTyrantas Member UncommonPosts: 369

Quit mmos until something decent pops out, play some single players or watch movies maybe in ur free time idk... just don't play mmos for some time.

• SpiroTrisSpiroTris Member Posts: 60

Eve-Online.

• seabeasterseabeaster Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by page

I work for the Army and on temp duty sitting in a hotel in Colorado Springs for the last two months with one month to go.  It's beautiful here, weather is nice and did a lot of stuff around this city.  But for the last few weeks I find that I still have a lot of time on my hands. During my stay I played the free 23 day come back to EQ2, and found that EQ2 still sucks, I've been viewing the list of mmo's here on mmorpg.com for weeks trying to decide if I should re-play any other mmo on the list as I played most.  The answer to most is no.
    Here is my list of possibles :
    D&D Online- free to play, but I can't seem to go back ( been their,done that ).
    Lotro- Wayyy to solo.
    Allods Online- ftp beta, people seem to be enjoying it, but it will bite them in the ass in the long run with ftp.
    Star Trek- some like the bata, but most say it sucks.
    Global Agenda- release is soon, but most say it sucks.
    Mortal Online- free bata starts tomorrow, don't need a key, just create an account and download it.  But close bata testers are saying their is absolutely no content, and very heavy bugs.

So to make a long story short EVERYTHING SUCKS AT THIS TIME.
    Here is where my WoW sickness shows.  It's been months since I played WoW.  My play time is getting shorter each time as I can't stand it for more than 30 days at a time, yet I continue to think about it.  I have it all patched up, created a Battle Net Account, entered my credit card info and can't seem to hit the enter button.  I just can't take it anymore, within two days I would be saying what have I done, I can't stand this !
    My credit card will expire after today, so its do or die. I'm sick like you people. It's flat out wrong to play video games like this and ignore life.  What should I do ?

Military Gaming community is now open to all players who have served in the Armed Forces past or present. Reguardless of your MMORPG experince the MG clan provides a place for military members and Vets to gather and fourm groups that can cross multiple games and platforms. The MG community in STO curently has over 50 active MG clan members from all branches of the military to offer support and acceptance into the game. We use Vent as our primary form of communication along with our site. If you have ever served in the military and are interested in experincing the common bond of those who are/have served, feel free to visit us at http://www.militarygaming.net/

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

true !the job of setting graphic in this game is the worst job there can be ,hell take war it can look awfull or good just setting up the brightness and the other checker thing .yes it make a huge diff i ignored that in war before but those 2 setting are paramount to good graphic quality

so a game like eq2 as so much setting avail the truth is 80% of the player playing eq2 are set to default and default rarelly is the best look for all various screen out there

if you can find a way to set-up eq2 for all the bell and wistle this game is the best looking(IT IS A GOTHIC GRAPHIC  STYLE THO!)this game is nice in my view but it was released too early .hell name me one player be it from soe or regular joe with a monster computer that can raid at max setting with 54 other player or whatever their raid size limit is!

the truth is you cant!do you guys ever wander why we dont see more tube of eq2 or even some stream on xfire

average just cant ,this is one of the most demanding game for gear out there

take an ati 5970 quadxfire put eq2 at max graphic setting send him and his gang all set-up the same in a raid

and they ll barelly be able to play let alone stream lol.

you have to set graphic so low to stream when people see this they re like wtf thats thenice graphic everybody talk about

NO!ITS NOT!IT JUST CANT BE SHOWN ON XFIRE!

EVEN SOE THE COMPANY THAT MAKE THE GAME DONT HAVE THE GEAR TO SHOW THIS GAME AT MAX SETTING WHILE RAIDING and streaming the game or frapsing it!

all the graphic ingame image from soe are average quality but its the highest they can show with the gear they got!

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

The problem with EQ2 graphics isn't the equipment to run it.  It is the engine that powers the game and the stupid choices soe made when designing the game.

That is why 5 years later the game still blows. 

@OP

I agree.   Wow was a fun game for a long time, but it sure would be nice to have something to replace it.  Even if for a little while.