Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the size of the playable world compared to other games ?

TyranixTyranix Member Posts: 104

How does it stack up in size compared to DFO ? WOW ? Vanguard ?

I found a map on google that made the world seem very small

Comments

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494
    I am not sure officially, but i'd say it is smaller than all listed.  Probably 1/2-2/3 the size of the main continent of Darkfall so far...  It's hard to tell exactly with some of the areas not finished and invisible walls, but right now it does not seem that big.
  • HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

It is *extremely* small. I don't find that a bad thing though, the fact that there's no content in a small world is what really kills it.

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113

I think the world is 4-6 x 4-6 km but im not completly sure about that.

• KruulKruul Member UncommonPosts: 482

I see another continent on the left edge of the map you posted. Hmmm maybe plans for later )

• KoisadKoisad Member Posts: 61

you can't really compare it just by square size cause it comes down to movement speed and how the character scales compared to the world.

edit: but ya i think its smaller the other so called big land ones, like WOW or darkfall.

and plan is to have 6 continents like myrland for future if I'm not wrong.

• SlineerSlineer Member Posts: 246

Having explored the map from earlier in beta, that map leaves me somewhat baffled as I cannot determine how what I've personally explored fits into it. Is that north lake suppose to be the infamous 'sausage lake'?

• KruulKruul Member UncommonPosts: 482

I was just thinking if the world is so small then on monday its going to be a faa of naked axe wielding newbs slaughtering each other. That might be fun.

• javifugitivojavifugitivo Member Posts: 12

The map if first post is false.

This is the real map of the game in this moment:

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

Looks like the 1st map is what was planned for launch.  The second map looks like a much smaller subset of what is in as of now? 

Whats the grey area?  Fog of an area not explored or not in game?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by Kruul

I see another continent on the left edge of the map you posted. Hmmm maybe plans for later )

Naw, that's just the east side of the same continent pictured...it's a small world, after all...

• colutrcolutr Member Posts: 333
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Looks like the 1st map is what was planned for launch.  The second map looks like a much smaller subset of what is in as of now? 

Whats the grey area?  Fog of an area not explored or not in game?

No 1st map was made pre-beta and based on lore text.

The grey clouds are where invisible walls are at for unreleased areas. The one in the north west is where tindrem will be at and the one in the south west is more desert.