Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read before purchasing

2»

Comments

• YawnsterYawnster Member Posts: 46

now SYGMAS i like... hes sweet

someone has being dying to say that and finally he did... thanks bro

• YawnsterYawnster Member Posts: 46

if you want good grouping play DAoC. Well i guess don't now because i heard all the people in the game have gone downhill making it full of buff bots and what not. but when i played DAoC in its prime (before all the exspansions) it was a perfect match. No reason to study everything going on the screen but no reason to not even notice. It was laid back fun but also in your face excitement. I miss the days when i would freak out seeing those high level spiders crawl around in Muire's tomb yelling run guys run like no other

awww good memories

• sygmassygmas Member Posts: 949

Originally posted by Yawnster
    now SYGMAS i like... hes sweet
    someone has being dying to say that and finally he did... thanks bro

Rofl, no problem.

• mealotmealot Member Posts: 12

Man this Game was so fun all 3 times i installed and uninstalled it. I played the first time but the strange physics of the characters body movements really made me say wooo that is strange.

After teh 3rd time of installing and playing I finally found a char I liked, WHM.
    I played every chance I had.

But at last once it took me 5 hours to get anywhere and start anything or finish for that matter, I was done. The game needs a graphics overhaul and some more Human chacter physics.

Although I have never had any troubles getting help, I really enjoyed the community and learning Japanese, With my othe-nation friends.

I think the 2 different languages in this game is really what made me like it so much. Cuase talking to others with different customs and ideas really enriches the gameplay, And I suggest it for anyone.

The language being a real life language made me feel like I was really loggining to a different world where others could teach me to speak it and learn its nuiences. Hey but this is just my OPINION!

Laterz

• saffonsaffon Member Posts: 12
    You can't play this game. Its so hard to achieve anything. I got to level 26 RDM and I sat back and looked at what I was doing, and then canceled my account. I wish there were more equips then level 10 set equips, level 12 set equips, level 15 set etc. I think if the EXP penalty was removed, this game would be 3x better.

cheese?!

• _Jord__Jord_ Member Posts: 228

Ignore this poster.

This post is terrible.

First of all - it's a group game. The emphasis is on partying. There is very little that you can do to progress alone. If you don't like partying - FFXI is the wrong game for you.

Second of all - The graphics are not pixelated. The OP obviously has no idea how to configure the graphics (doesn't take much, just setting the right resolution will eliminate pixelation).

Third of all - each class (or job as they're called in FFXI) has it's own uses. The OP is obviously a beginner because he lumped Bard into the classes that "can't find parties" ... Bard is the single most demanded job in the game at higher levels.

The beauty of FFXI is in how effective a tight group can be. FFXI is hard - you will have to work at it if you want to progress. The FFXI community loves their game.

Calling it a watered down EQ clone is ignorant. FFXI is not a game for a casual gamer. However, if you're somewhat hardcore and looking for a good game, FFXI just might be for you.

Is this post stickied? Because if it is, I'm never returning to this site.... It's absolute ignorance from a low level player.

PS - I am no fanboy. I recently quit FFXI after 75 days of playtime. I loved it, though - and resent idiots who never really got into the game putting it down and spreading mistruths about it.

Kharma Trolls (Illidan) - The Official Allakhazam Posters Guild

------
    Played - UO, FFXI, WAR, WoW, EVE
    Currently - Bored.

• BloodBahamutBloodBahamut Member Posts: 2

//\//\oo(wierd name) keep your comments to yourself, by posting here saying bad things about final fantasy XI is just making your popularity go down, every final fantasy game is exellent (coming from me a final fantasy player my self) I dont exactlly like anyone who thinks any final fantasy game is crap. Keep your comments to yourself, I'm sure other people dont want to here you whining about the game.

When your in trouble, trying to keep the covenant from frying you, dont call master chief, call bloodbahamut

When your in trouble, trying to keep the covenant from frying you, dont call master chief, call bloodbahamut

• mealotmealot Member Posts: 12

Listen here cheesy nuts that is what this is called a forums, it is made for bitching, complaning, discussion, and compliments, that is why it is here.

So I will take your negative bitching with a grain of salt and say maybe your right maybe your wrong but thanks for your opinion.

::::12::

I think therefore I fear Death!

• MiekMiek Member Posts: 1

I have to agree being a vet. FFXI player. I was a Dark Knight (which had a bad reputation on my Server) and I often found myself waiting for hour or even days to get a pt (party). At level 40 as a Dark Knight you had to get 2 rings called Sniper Rings which increased your ACC alot, each ring would cost around 200k depending on your server, when I quite the game each ring was 400k gil! This is months of farm, which was very repetitive. It is good and all to get the best up-to-date items to be the best, but in higher levels 50-60+ you find you NEED these items to be any what effective.

• JoshFatalJoshFatal Member Posts: 42

This post is pretty much dead on about the game.

Anybody who tries to defend the game against these points is simply a fanboy who refuses to believe the eleventh Final Fantasy is a bad game.

"It's a difficult game," I see on here a lot, along with "It'd suck if you levelled too fast" and "It's a group game."

Fact is, it's not that the game is too hard, it's that it's TEDIOUS. There's a difference between tough and boring. Waiting hours for a group is not difficult, it's BORING. Fighting the same crabs level after level and defeating them the same way over and over again is not difficult, it's BORING.

The steep curve of levelling isn't due to difficulty, it's due to time sinks. Also, why is it that I'm levelling? So I can level again, and again, and go to new areas and level some more. Sure, there are missions in the game that you can go on (if you level enough and find a good enough group) but all those missions usually involve is killing another enemy (the same way you'd kill every enemy in the game, pretty much) and/or finding some item. Guess how you find said items? Killing something over and over again until it EVENTUALLY Drops the item you want.

This is a terrible excuse for an MMORPG, and a terrible excuse for a Final Fantasy. Pretty much the only reason why anybody tries to convince themselves that this game is worth it is because it's called "Final Fantasy." That's pretty much why I played it for as long as I did; I insisted that as a Final Fantasy game, it'd have to get fun eventually. It wasn't.

• Spike-stampeSpike-stampe Member Posts: 46
    FFXI is a good game to the ppl that play it and like it and if you don't like it just go about your way and go play soemthing els it just a game that ppl like to play for fun and if your not haveing fun then go play EQ2 or WoW

ffxi:pandemonium;
    ~lvl 56 drg~lvl 4 whm~lvl 6 monk~lvl 2 bst~lvl 30 war~lvl3 rng~lvl 19 thf~

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Have finally quit this game for the 3rd time (in expectation of WoW)....

This is one of the most watered down EverQuest clones in the market:

Well don't be a complete hypocrite. Something obviously kept you coming back.

-----------------

"The Job Of Art Is To Chase Away Ugliness" - Bono

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042

Also, on a side note, I've heard others complain, about the Japanese players in the game. All I have to say to those folks is they have just as much, no make that MORE of a right to be there than anyone else considering it is THEIR game that they've allowed US into for the sake of diversity, so learn some friggin tollerance people. If you're one of the folks who doesnt like them because you cant understand them, then learn Japanese or STFU.

dude its not "thier" game, squareenix didnt ask every single japanese player if they could sell thier product in the US, the company decided they were gonna put it out here and if the japanese gamers didnt like it they could find another game, and lets not heap all the intolerance on us americans, i was exposed to quite a bit of japanese biggotry against US during my nine months playing

lol i bet they're japan on WoW and QE1 and 2

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042

guy japanese gamers play all the games hell there was the japanese org in AO

• SharjiinsoSharjiinso Member Posts: 8

Well, I've actually just quit this game too. I liked it for a while and played it for half a year until I couldn't stand logging into the game anymore. Now I'm over on EQ2 and it's the best game I've played ever.

FFXI is really a good game though. Maybe it would be better if famring wasn't NEEDED. The cost of things is unbelievable.

• the_real_onithe_real_oni Member Posts: 5
    HEY!  im on Fenrir!   who are you (im going to go back and see if its ur signature or something)

I am onikaze in ecks eye

• Yukari_MommaYukari_Momma Member Posts: 50

Well, I agree with most of the points said...

The game had wonderful graphics, espescially at its time of coming out.  Now it's the norm, but that's not so bad.  What I found though was that it was rather empty.  I was on the alexander server.  I tried playing different kinds of characters and even playing with friends, but everything started feeling sort of like a chore.  It's okay to be difficult, but it shouldn't be made boring in the process.  It was a great game..for a time.  Maybe I would haev enjoyed it more if I hadn't been seperated from my low level friends that were on the leviathan server.

The most interesting thing that ever happened to me in the game was when I took my little level 7 tarutaru Skif all the way from the San D'Oria to the the port city on the Windurst continent.  No, never got too high in levels.  I did have higher level characters later on, but none made it close to as far as that tarutaru and saw as many sites as she did.

I guess it's just not for those with short attention spans.

• the_real_onithe_real_oni Member Posts: 5
    sounds to me like you are the definition of a casual gamer.  you want your rewards with no work.  I bet you're spoiled, huh?   Used to being the best with no work.  well, WoW is the game for you...just leave the real gamers alone.

I am onikaze in ecks eye

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by the_real_oni
    sounds to me like you are the definition of a casual gamer.  you want your rewards with no work.  I bet you're spoiled, huh?   Used to being the best with no work.  well, WoW is the game for you...just leave the real gamers alone.

Completely uncalled for. I am a casual gamer and have no problem working for what I get. I have dedicated 7 days to a camp to get drops in EQ 1 because I wanted the item bad enough. Getting short spots of sleep while friends covered for me. I have done things like this many times over. I have almost all the fabled gear from the last big event in EQ 1.

I simply don't have the time to sit and play games that long anymore, my job needs me, my girlfriend needs me, and my home needs my attention as well. I am paying monthlies on the game, I better well be able to get something out of it. And not sit and listen to all the ebay "self employed" and others that can all day long non stop and game tell me I am spoiled and I don't like to work for what I get.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• StrathdorStrathdor Member UncommonPosts: 82
    //\//\oo we wont be missing you online. Have a nice day image

FFXI is not a game for lil girls ok ppl
    you got to work hard and logn for what you want
    it like life nothing easy in life but in a game you want everything hand to you
    welll FFXI want you to hard for it
    and whenever i get somethign new in FFXI i know i work hard for it
    it could be crap but i'm happy about it
    fine that you auit the game but left the world alone about it plz::::12::::::07::::::05::

• JadanJadan Member Posts: 81

Originally posted by Spike-stampe

FFXI is not a game for lil girls ok ppl
    you got to work hard and logn for what you want
    it like life nothing easy in life but in a game you want everything hand to you
    welll FFXI want you to hard for it
    and whenever i get somethign new in FFXI i know i work hard for it
    it could be crap but i'm happy about it
    fine that you auit the game but left the world alone about it plz::::12::::::07::::::05::

lol go spike-stamp, u tell them how it is in this game
  • zarishzarish Member Posts: 7

I agree with most of what you said about FFXI. However you also missed several things about the game that really turned me off. The most annoying of which was the tolerance to JP players using bots by Sony while NA players were constantly harrassed. Heck, I played this game on the PS2 (before I built my new PC) and I was trying to level fishing. I was getting harrassed by GMs and getting those annoying tells all the time (even though they can as one GM admitted check the client to see what type of client it is). Meanwhile JP players reported for botting wouldn't even get a tell because NA admins were not allowed to enforce the rules against JP players they could merely pass the call to a JP GM. I just gave up after being told that since I could not stand watching obvious cheating going on with 1 sided rule enforcement. From speaking with a friend who still plays I know of 2 bots on the Fairy server that are still there unmolested months after I have quite the game. Ah well, I'm looking for a new game and hope to find something fun.

yeah but the server i play on is a good server no cheater alot of good ppl
    i got a clan Holy Knights
    good ppl there
    and not all gaem are the same.

btw FFXI was really the frist FFXI ever so if you say FFXI is water down EQ then well go look it up
    what cam frist tell me.

Japan player as the same right as us to play a game
    just cuz we don't know waht they say and do
    cuz not mean we;re learn from then or they can learn from us
    and it just a game ppl i know what i'm taling about cuz i've played the game for almsot 2 years and i have over 1000 game hours