Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's Dead Jim

ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Server offline, official forums unavailable, probably due to everyone logging on to them to complain.

Shame really, headstart, apart from the Steam shambles, has been pretty good up till now.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

Comments

• kartoolkartool Member UncommonPosts: 520

The forums are a little slow, but available. The server seems to have shit the bed though.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Aye, they just came back for me, cripes it's busy there.

• nWoLonewulfnWoLonewulf Member UncommonPosts: 28

This game is becoming more and more worthless and uninteresting by the hour.

Damar: I'd like to toss that smug little Vorta out the nearest airlock. And his Founder with him.

Gul Dukat: [laughs] Now, now, Damar, that's no way to talk about our valued allies. Not until this war is over, anyway.

• trnqlChaostrnqlChaos Member Posts: 34

Connection to login server timed-out...

...and I was two quantum torpedoes away from finishing a 45 minute mission. )=

• felorefelore Member Posts: 222

im actually enjoying myself....there has not been that many server crashes....love how people complain like they've never experienced a launch before.  probably same people that complain about not getting preorder items when they dont have the retail key yet.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=89566

Scheduled maintenance apprently, although if you didn't go hunting on the forums for the information, you'd never know it existed.

I certainly never saw an announcement on the login page, the main website or any in-game announcement that the server was going down. Still, least it's not a crash.

Originally posted by Zinzan

Scheduled maintenance apprently, although if you didn't go hunting on the forums for the information, you'd never know it existed.
    I certainly never saw an announcement on the login page, the main website or any in-game announcement that the server was going down. Still, least it's not a crash.

not so bad after all

• DuvarisDuvaris Member UncommonPosts: 127

it says 3am PST to 5am PST. its 12:26 PST tho lol. so that has to be from this morning. plus i had to patch today when i got up to play and didnt last night

• NotNiceDinoNotNiceDino Member Posts: 320

Actually it's not:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=1780006#post1780006

Unexpected Downtime (January 30, 2010)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently, the Star Trek Online Server is down. We are aware of this issue and are currently working to bring the server back online as soon as possible. Please keep an eye on this page for updates, and notification when Star Trek Online is available again. Thank you, The Star Trek Online Team

The Star Trek Online Team

Active: WoW

Semi-retired: STO

Fully retired: UO, EQ, AC, SWG, FFXI, DDO:EU, PoTBS, AoC, EvE

Tried: EQ2, Tabula Rasa, Auto-Assault, Isteria, LotRO, Wizard 101

Looking forward to: Star Citizen

Oops, this wasn't scheduled, lookie:

I live in EU so struggle with US time zones, sorry :)

Originally posted by felore

im actually enjoying myself....there has not been that many server crashes....love how people complain like they've never experienced a launch before.  probably same people that complain about not getting preorder items when they dont have the retail key yet.

Me too, and it's not been bad at all - been having great fun. I'm not sure if it's true of all in-store Game Stop customers, but I paid full price for the pre-order. Cryptic and GS have every dime from me, it's just a technicality picking up the box. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying the bonus is worthless to me now. Why would I go back into the Constitution class (starter equivalent) when I'm already in a cruiser? It's all good though, I'm just saying these types of orders should have been thought-out a little better.

Oops, this wasn't scheduled, lookie:
    I live in EU so struggle with US time zones, sorry :)

o well =)

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Star Trek Offline..... :(

Had a real good run yesterday, got to nearly level 12, parading around with my Science Ship.

C'mon servers I wanna play.

Originally posted by trnqlChaos

Me too, and it's not been bad at all - been having great fun. I'm not sure if it's true of all in-store Game Stop customers, but I paid full price for the pre-order. Cryptic and GS have every dime from me, it's just a technicality picking up the box. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying the bonus is worthless to me now. Why would I go back into the Constitution class (starter equivalent) when I'm already in a cruiser? It's all good though, I'm just saying these types of orders should have been thought-out a little better.

well thats a retail issue ...gamestop should be giving their codes since it doesnt come in the box.....i would call them and complain to them.

Originally posted by bbethel

HHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Servers are down i cant play my game. WAAAAAA
    They are fixing stuff in game for Feb 2 when the game goes live for everybody. I don't like that they are down, but I would rather them get the last fixes in before the game goes live for everybody.
    Come on the game is not even out yet. You are complaining about the servers being down to fix the game. When you have a head start that they did not even have to let us have. I could understand you guys complaining if this was monday and the servers where down all weekend.
    Get over your self's and just wait. Be happy you can play before everybody else.

Who's complaining? It's a discussion, can't you understand that people can have a civilised discussion about a topic without getting irate?

Sorry, but you just made yourself look like a prize idiot.

Yeah.. you know, that and people sharing what little info they have so people know as much as there to know about what is happening... how dare we.

• nWoLonewulfnWoLonewulf Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Originally posted by jaxsundane

Originally posted by nWoLonewulf

I love how people defend an obvious half-completed game...I mean does it make you feel better to defend it because you paid money for the game and you feel the need to defend so you don't feel bad. You and the game companies should be ashamed of yourselves.

Ferengi rule of acquisition #239

Did it ever occur to you that the poster isn't having the same problems as you?  The topic seemed to be about launch issues and you go right into the whole "half-completed" game argument.  I don't know what that really has to do with launch issues (though I can say with a reasonable bit of certainty nothing) but you seem to be ready and willing to complain about more than the launch issues which would then lead me to wonder what the true purpose of your trolling is.....

And exactly why should anyone be ashamed of themselves for enjoying a game?  It's not like playing it is taking food off of the table (I hope).  Which leads me to think we should be ashamed of ourselves for not holding out until Cryptic satisfied your sensibilities which then makes me think you should be ashamed of yourself expecting the entire world to stand still because you are unhappy with something.

Unbelievable, you people come out of the woodwork, simply to defend a game that has clearly got so many problems that even the STO forums are filled with players all saying the same thing, that cryptic once again has failed to deliver what they were marketing. But does this surprise anyone yes because we expected them to learn from their mistakes, but instead they are making all the same ones again, you can disagree with me all you want, you can even call me a troll if you wish, but I do not go looking for fights among other players, I simply tell like I see it, and I responded to a post that was flaming players for not being skilled enough to recognize a launch of a mmo.

Damar: I'd like to toss that smug little Vorta out the nearest airlock. And his Founder with him.

Gul Dukat: [laughs] Now, now, Damar, that's no way to talk about our valued allies. Not until this war is over, anyway.

Originally posted by bbethel

HHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Servers are down i cant play my game. WAAAAAA
    They are fixing stuff in game for Feb 2 when the game goes live for everybody. I don't like that they are down, but I would rather them get the last fixes in before the game goes live for everybody.
    Come on the game is not even out yet. You are complaining about the servers being down to fix the game. When you have a head start that they did not even have to let us have. I could understand you guys complaining if this was monday and the servers where down all weekend.
    Get over your self's and just wait. Be happy you can play before everybody else.

I disagree. The game IS out. The head-start was an advertised benefit for customers who purchased the pre-order. I get that launches aren't prefect, I'm not complaining, but I don't think you can shrug it off as the game isn't released yet. Cryptic should  be held accountable for not delivering on their promise if these outages become frequent and prolonged. I've been happy so far, I'm just saying...

• ChirugaiChirugai Member UncommonPosts: 304

Please stay on topic and refrain from personal attacks.

Fortune favours the bold.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

The server is down for over 3 hours now, with still no ETA.

Just a side note. I know that US prime time still has to start. But for the EURO players this is pretty much another whole night wasted. They are hitted hardest with these outages the last 2 days since the Headstart began.

Cheers

Logged in, there's a login queue. 508 of 621.

Alright, everyone is getting in now. See you guys in game.