Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today at Gamespot

Batak_KillerBatak_Killer Member UncommonPosts: 395

Today there will be a new video of TSW on Gamespot. It will be on this page: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/thesecretworld/news.html?sid=6248846&mode=previews&om_act=convert&om_clk=previews&tag=previews;title;2

Lets all hope it's gonna be some gameplay footage!

Comments

• misterdurpmisterdurp Member Posts: 157

cant wait!

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

lol!gameplay footage!i really doubt that they ll problably supply another cg about the story going on in that game oh it might be action packed no doubt maybe longer but i bet it will be a cg !still cant wait to know what lore they ll release today!

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I'll keep an eye open. Hopefully it will be good.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Thank you for sharing batak.  Can't wait to see it.

• ShamorauShamorau Member UncommonPosts: 181

there a article up there now to say come back on the 30th for some footage.

• MysterioDarkMysterioDark Member Posts: 20
  • DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

The sauce is awesome... Thanks for the heads up! 8)

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by Cripnoah

Heres the link guys, video and interview
    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/thesecretworld/video/6248619/the-secret-world-kingsmouth-trailer

Booooo... It's just a bunch of security tape footage of the zombies from Siren.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• CripnoahCripnoah Member Posts: 128
    Originally posted by GTwander

Originally posted by Cripnoah

Heres the link guys, video and interview
    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/thesecretworld/video/6248619/the-secret-world-kingsmouth-trailer

Booooo... It's just a bunch of security tape footage of the zombies from Siren.

Yeah I was totally letdown by the video too.. I'm dying for a taste of gameplay footage and some actual shots of the world thats not full of fucking static.

• ShamorauShamorau Member UncommonPosts: 181

Dammit!!!

was hoping for game footage

• Batak_KillerBatak_Killer Member UncommonPosts: 395

It was a great teaser video! It was all ingame footage actually ;) and it set the stage for the game excellently! Cmon now, they never said it was gonna be gameplay trailer, it said "first footage"... so, as far as im concered, they delivered, and they delivered great!

The only complaint would be the voice over, it was kinda slow and uninteresed... but maybe i grow too fond of those "old, and wise" voiceovers... 

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Not a bad video but was hoping for gameplay.

• ForceQuitForceQuit Member Posts: 350

Nice atmospheric teaser video.  Like others, was hoping for some gameplay.  Still, props to OP for the headsup on the vid.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

No Sir, I don't like it.

"Let's take some Lovecraftian stuff, but because it's too subtle let's add a dozen rampaging zombies. And since most stories are too difficult for the users let's.. uhm... well fog is always right."

Maybe the game will be great, maybe the game will be crap, I don't know for now. But up to now I don't like it.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• MysterioDarkMysterioDark Member Posts: 20

You're all Bah Humbugs, there's a load of info to be gleaned from the new video. See 20 stills shots on photo album of link below  /

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

They certainly know how to capture the mood.  That's probably the most important thing.   Poorly done horror is more pathetic than poorly done comedy.     Funcom looks like they might know how to do it well.

And this matches with what they've said about the game - they stated they were going to pull horror ideas from mythology, urban legend and pop-culture.    When you're covering that many areas you *have* to include zombies.    At least it seems like they're trying to do them right, I like the emphasis that these zombies are people that they know.