Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another day in wow...

tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013

Ok .So ilogin say hey to guildmates and checking trade channel for any LFM Icc 10 or 25.Then i use the tool and waiting for a random group to do the random daily heroic so i can take the 2 frost emblems as reward for finishing the dungeon that will pop up.I take the frost emblems and checking for 1 hour LFM anouncments for icc 10/25 .Sometimes i use the tool (again ) to enter a battleground to brake the boredom just for the flavour. Bg finishes,i join queqe in tool for lfg icc10/25 and checking trade channel carefully (again). If lucky i get a group doing the raid.Thats it.Another day in wow has passed. An extra action would be playing arena ,but last 2 weeks arenas are down due to season change and situation is reallly dull and boring.

So...Has fun even been more synthetic or fucking what??? Some would say that the tool is very helpfull and u get in the instance immediately .Some also said in the past that crossed battleground was a great step in front so low populated servers wont have big queqes,and in genral queqes will be faster.Tbh right now with x-bgs and tools my average queqe for ab,wsg is 4-5 mins,eos around 6,forget ioc.

I challenge old wow players to compare how things where in vanilla wow, and compare the fun factor comparison from then till now.I remmber there was a huge war in most servers bettween the factions making the world more alive around. Ppl knew eachother ,in bg's there was loads of fun and way more tactical fights. The Ab's i played then at least in the servers i played were legendary,huge fights at forums between the 2 factions etc Even pve had its magic somehow. I remmber as 60 lvl loads of ppl were outdoors without any Wintergrasp events,either killing mobs for reallly good rare epiqs,or just farming mobs for money,or mining ,herb mats etc.Nowdays u have all 80 lvl ppl gathered at dalaran usually just sitting and waiting the synthetic fun train.Good game Bliz for fuckign up the fun ppl used to have.Things on bc wasnt so bad, there was some life still outdoors,but things in wotlk went way of hand,i think the tool must be removed seriously,along with other things. Blizzard seemed tounderstand what mistakes they did and somethings will get better at cataclysm.

P.S. We all like what we like ,apparently we love rpg's and mmorpgs otherwise we wouldnt be here posting threads and watching them, i really despice comments like get alife,or move on dude, like ppl are answering to many thread sof other peeps they post. It shows inmaturity and incapabality to answer to spesific subjects.

Comments

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

Being nostalgic about WoW's honeymoon days doesn't mean the game today is any less than it was back then. I personally consider it to be much improved.

Just because you keep thinking back with fonder memories to the vanilla WoW doesn't change that.

Games age, as do populations, over time people you know leave, and the longer a game is out, the less people try to keep tightknit communities, people start going through their affairs with routine rather than amazement, and things eventually simply just get less personal than they did back in the day when you needed people to talk to because you simply didn't know what was happening in the world yet since it was all still so new.

MMO's grow transparent after a while, as does it's population. Being nostalgic about that is fine, but it doesn't make today's game any worse in comparison.

• NeikoNeiko Member UncommonPosts: 626

I miss vanilla Warlocks. A Demo warlock now is a joke for anything other than solo. I miss my infernal actually meaning something.

• NotNiceDinoNotNiceDino Member Posts: 320
    Originally posted by Pheace

Being nostalgic about WoW's honeymoon days doesn't mean the game today is any less than it was back then. I personally consider it to be much improved.

Just because you keep thinking back with fonder memories to the vanilla WoW doesn't change that.

Games age, as do populations, over time people you know leave, and the longer a game is out, the less people try to keep tightknit communities, people start going through their affairs with routine rather than amazement, and things eventually simply just get less personal than they did back in the day when you needed people to talk to because you simply didn't know what was happening in the world yet since it was all still so new.

MMO's grow transparent after a while, as does it's population. Being nostalgic about that is fine, but it doesn't make today's game any worse in comparison.

As someone who was there for server first kills on all BWL bosses, with the guild that went on to open the gates of AQ, and still carries around a full set of T2 on my original toon. I'm going to have to agree with what this guy said.

Actually, I have a lot more plain ole FUN now.

Active: WoW

Semi-retired: STO

Fully retired: UO, EQ, AC, SWG, FFXI, DDO:EU, PoTBS, AoC, EvE

Tried: EQ2, Tabula Rasa, Auto-Assault, Isteria, LotRO, Wizard 101

Looking forward to: Star Citizen

• Vaske1984Vaske1984 Member Posts: 228

-Sigh....ok i was hard core player in vanilla wow and yes i was pissed off when they released tbc and even more pissed with wotlk then i quit for 6-8 months and now i am playing again and i got to say that todays wow is even better that old one, what changed my mind? well it was the fact that with todays wow i can do other things rather than log in gather mats gold pots then raid and spend all that and then sleep and redo so i can have good gear, now i can play what ever amount of time i want and i can have good gear so as an ex wow hater i got to say that blizzard really did a great job with patch 3.3 i really am enjoying the game again and even more than vanilla wow to be honest (and yes i spent more than 1 year to get my T2 set in vanilla wow).

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Neiko

I miss vanilla Warlocks. A Demo warlock now is a joke for anything other than solo. I miss my infernal actually meaning something.

what... so 60 seconds isnt long enough !

• tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013
    Originally posted by Pheace

The situation u describe and your thoughts are correct in general. Point is somehow evrytime i talk about this subject with guild mates or old friends fromserver all have same thoughts about this . That vanilla wow was more fun. Now the players are like robots.They all do the same thing.Tool queqe daily dungeon,raid icc,arena when not the 2 above..No interaction at all with everything outside dalaran.No single movement on azeroth.Just emptiness.

• khm3rthugkhm3rthug Member UncommonPosts: 43

It's time to quit OP.

• tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013
    Originally posted by Vaske1984

-Sigh....ok i was hard core player in vanilla wow and yes i was pissed off when they released tbc and even more pissed with wotlk then i quit for 6-8 months and now i am playing again and i got to say that todays wow is even better that old one, what changed my mind? well it was the fact that with todays wow i can do other things rather than log in gather mats gold pots then raid and spend all that and then sleep and redo so i can have good gear, now i can play what ever amount of time i want and i can have good gear so as an ex wow hater i got to say that blizzard really did a great job with patch 3.3 i really am enjoying the game again and even more than vanilla wow to be honest (and yes i spent more than 1 year to get my T2 set in vanilla wow).

Fun in up to ppl's taste. If we are talking about vanilla wow it was giving up to a point alot more than now the fewling that u were playing actually an mmo Roleplaying game. A lot more than now. Now its completely synthetic.. lets raid get gear,do heroics join queqe blah blah,no adventuring in the wilds at all,no encountering wiht the other factions (none is outside major cities now unless hes lvling an alt).

And  yeah nowdays u dont need to be in top expert pve raid guild to get decent gear.

2 things though . In vanilla wow, having some good items meant something,not every one else had same sets pve or pvp. And 2ndly having the great  gear around wasnt so important. I took down in duels for over 3 years some of the best skilled and best geared players with just a commander pvp set. Gear wasnt so meaningfull that much as it is now. I still recall that with my hunter with my 53 lvl green 2handed axe (3.80 speed) i downed a marshal mage without firing a single arrow just me and the pet (was beast master in specc) Also i won almost every great warrior in the server with melee only+pet save 2 .all thseguys had either bwl gear +marshal and grand marshal weaponry and me jsut a comnder set adn a green 53 2 handed axe. Go now as warrior,or retri paladin in arena with a 73 lvl blue not need to be green BLUE 2 handed and do your best (lol). Point is apart everything else wow now is also even more dependant on gear.

• VarcharVarchar Member Posts: 44

I remember thinking this same thing about 3 years ago when they first introduced the LFG tool. I guess I just got used to it even though I never liked it, I prefer the old way as well, it just makes more sense to me to join a channel and actually interact with people to get a group going.

And I also agree that battlegroups back when it was just for your own server were WAY more fun because you actually knew the people and clans that you were battling against.  But that was a long fucking time ago lol.  I also miss the battles between Tarren Mill and Southwatch because you were fighting guys that probably ganked you a couple times in the last month, and because it felt like you were doing some real Faction versus Faction PvP, defending your faction town and whatnot...

But that was all very very long ago and all you can do is hold onto the memories!  MMO's are different now, they mostly suck...