Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

my set-up is messing up gameguard?

drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

i used kadaitcha.cx tweak for vista but i think its preventing gameguard from starting !

any can confirm this!is the game working normally or you also get gameguard error!

just making sure its my setting,since i love those setting it will means a non for me for this game.

oh well gameguard is still its usual self as invasive as ever lol

im not sorry gameguard cant have its ways on my computer!

Comments

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

ya im running windows 7 and im having the same issue with gameguard.  I set it to run as administrator and xp sp3 mode as well and no luck

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

ty for confirmation its good to know!true its a side effect of those tweak but since i hate gameguard its good news for me!

actually, I misread your post

Im just running straight windows 7 64bit and not using the tweak.  I just get a gameguard error straight out of the box

does it run ok for you without the tweak?  IE. it may not be an issue with the tweak, more so the OS

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
    Originally posted by Rayx0r

actually, I misread your post
    Im just running straight windows 7 64bit and not using the tweak.  I just get a gameguard error straight out of the box
    does it run ok for you without the tweak?  IE. it may not be an issue with the tweak, more so the OS

oh! ok then!so its not the tweak from that site its something else !anyway its fine by me lol gg is so invasive!its scary!

• lothar68lothar68 Member Posts: 3

You need the GameGuard windows 7 patch.  There is a file in The Chronicles of Spellborninclient with is outdatet. Look in the acclaim forum for more informations.

Lothar
    Spellborn Server Dorzhan - Gilde zgd-Schattenkrieger http://schattenkrieger.zgd-clan.de/

Originally posted by lothar68

You need the GameGuard windows 7 patch.  There is a file in The Chronicles of Spellborninclient with is outdatet. Look in the acclaim forum for more informations.

I tried that .. no dice

yep and since they DID say there would be no patch till the new game is released it means no tcos for w7 user

• lothar68lothar68 Member Posts: 3

Lothar
    Spellborn Server Dorzhan - Gilde zgd-Schattenkrieger http://schattenkrieger.zgd-clan.de/

Originally posted by lothar68

look here: schattenkrieger.zgd-clan.de/magic_viewtopic.php
    Download: schattenkrieger.zgd-clan.de/download/file.php
    I play it with Windows7 64 bit.

well, thanks for posting that german link.  Even though I cant read German, for some reason I understood where I SHOULD have been putting the *des file and its NOT in the gameguard folder. 

The *des file actually goes into the client folder.  It works now, thanks :)